T-3 and muscle loss

drei

Awards
Is there any other way to use T-3 without using steroids to maintain muscle or is losing muscle on this stuff to be expected? Can using a low dose of clen combat the muscle loss? I ask because I am coming off a 4 week cycle and would like to do a thorough 2 month PCT along with losing the fat I gained while cycling.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe clen is near strong enough to reduce muscle wasting with T3. With that said, I wouldn't try and cut too hard until you complete your PCT. Maybe wait and use the T3 on a cutter cycle next time around, and use clen/ECY after a few weeks of PCT :)

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Depending on dosages... I believe clen to be strong enough to combat muscle loss IF protein intake is VERY high.

The idea with T3 is to stop it a week to two prior to ending any stack you are using it with. Reason? It takes at least this long for normal thyroid product to being again. I have experienc with this and can say it is true.

If you stop T3 first... your other enhancer should be able to stave off the effects of shutdown.

Here's the problem.... if you ar eusing clen.. the effects of this compound wear off at about the 18 day mark. Your barely into the T3 when you have to stop it going by what I just proposed.

Another option is to run Ketotifen. Tthe ketofen keeps the A2 receptors from downregulating.

You could run this stack for many months:

1. 60mcgs Clenbuterol daily
2. 1mg Ketotifen Daily
3. 25mcgs T3 Daily

Just some thoughts :)

A

size

Awards
  • Established
The anticatabolic properties of clen are blown out of proportion. Using T3 without a hormones, ph, etc is going to result in muscle loss.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The anticatabolic properties of clen are blown out of proportion. Using T3 without a hormones, ph, etc is going to result in muscle loss.
Depending on dosing and protein intake, I disagree.

Experiencing it is the only way to tell. Although, T3 is not something I would unknowingly **** around with.

A

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Clen was anabolic in rats who have an abundance of beta 3 receptors (in doses that would proably kill us). Beta 3 receptors in animals help with insulin secretion and sensitivity. Humans barely have any (if any at all) therefore as size said, its not that anabolic. Clenbuterol will also cause a drop in thyroid production, hence then reason people add T3 to their fat loss stack. Using this combo for any other reason is pointless.

T3 causes a cascade of effects which promotes fat and muscle loss if calories are not above maintenance. You can take all the protein you want but the glycogen inhibition, insulin blunting and cortisol stimulation effects of T3 will eventually cause muscle loss. Gluconeogenisis will be increased drastically while on T3 no matter how much protein you consume. Eventually, muscle loss will occur. The only way to counter these effects is with some sort of anabolic and clen will NOT do it.

And I've used T3 for very long peroids of time in varying doses (bulking and cutting cycles)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you stop T3 first... your other enhancer should be able to stave off the effects of shutdown.
Clenbuterol causes a rise in body temperature which in turn causes the body to repsond by dropping the converion of T4 to T3 and also downregulates beta 2 receptors. Using Clenbuterol after T3 makes no sense.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Clenbuterol causes a rise in body temperature which in turn causes the body to repsond by dropping the converion of T4 to T3 and also downregulates beta 2 receptors. Using Clenbuterol after T3 makes no sense.
From a rebound point of view it does... keeps the fat burning (metabolism spike) process going.

No scientific research to back this up... just personal experience. With stopping T3 short of Clen usage my rebound was minimal compared to stopping both at the same time.

A

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The fat burning "process" is catabolic in nature. The "metabolic spike" is counterproductive to keeping muscle. When coming off a T3 cycle you do NOT want to be catbolic as it has the opposiute effect on what you want. Being catabolic does not increase thyroid output, does not increase leptin levels and does not help retain muscle. Using Clenbuterol does all of the above. Its pointless.

Using a drug that reduces the conversion of T4 to T3 after a time when the thyroid is suppressed makes no sense. Rebound is the same (as far as thyroid production) with or without it. It usually trakes 2-3 weeks no matter how long the cycle is and this is a time when you don't want the conversion of T4 to T3 reduced. From all points of view, it makes no sense at all.

You should be using a non stimulant that doesn't effect thyroid output such as L-tyrosine or 7-keto. Those will help normalize thyoid function withouth keeping you in a catabolic state (which clebuterol will). It will also help with nutrioent partioning.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
From a rebound point of view it does... keeps the fat burning (metabolism spike) process going.

No scientific research to back this up... just personal experience. With stopping T3 short of Clen usage my rebound was minimal compared to stopping both at the same time.

A
Rebound happens the same regardless. Its the conversion of natural T4 to T3 which needs to be raised post cycle and Clenbuterol reduces this.

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
Not to jump in to a conversation but a better choice for a post t3 cycle supp wpuld be 7-keto dhea which tends to increase the levels of t3 and its effectiveness in the body so it could create a cushioning affect on the post t3 crash. I might suggest, and realize this is only a suggestion as ive never tried it, that you overlap the end of the t3 cycle and the begining of your 7-keto use in order to get the blood levels of th eone up while the other is still in your system.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should be using a non stimulant that doesn't effect thyroid output such as L-tyrosine or 7-keto. Those will help normalize thyoid function withouth keeping you in a catabolic state (which clebuterol will). It will also help with nutrioent partioning.

;)

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
i broght this thread alive to ask a question.

Bobo do u suggest using the non-stimulat fat burner like 7-keto with t-3 or after comming off the stuff?