Powder HCG

Disco'ed

Awards
My source has powder HCG and I can get it in 1mg quantities. Does anyone know how much 1 mg of HCG would = in IU's?

fireman

Awards
hope this helps, I don't know the answer on this one but if I remember right hcg has 20,000 iu's per mg.

here is more detail on this subject in general
IU stands for International Units and is used for the measurement of drugs and vitamins.

Webster's defines IU as: a quantity of a biologic (such as a vitamin) that produces a particular biological effect agreed upon as an international standard

What this means is that IU is dependent on the potency of the substance, and each substance would have a different IU to milligram conversion. For example, 1000 IU of Vitamin C would have a different weight than 1000 IU of Vitamin A

Since each substance would have a different conversion ratio, we cannot put up a conversion for IU to milligrams that covers everything, or even most things. Just too many different substances.

So what can you do?

Your best bet would be to contact your pharmacist. They have all the information anyone could ever want about drugs and vitamins.

You could also contact the manufacturer of the vitamin. Most manufactures will have a web site with contact information so you can email them. Try searching the web using the manufactures name or the name of the vitamin.

fm

Disco'ed

Awards
Thanks for your help on this one Fireman. 20,000 IU's sounds about right considering the price of 1mg. I'll try to find out the exact number though before I go and stick myself with an unknown amout. Ive heard HCG can be pretty nasty to you if you take too much.

One more thing, do I just mix with bacteriostatic water or is distilled good enough?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
bs water for sure bro.
Also HCG has 11,000 IU's per mg.

Last edited:

fireman

Awards
I found my last bottle of hcg and it was 20,000 iu per mg. do some of them use a filler or something? this has me a little confused. Oh well

bump for more info

Disco'ed

Awards
I'm gonna do some more research on this cause it could prove to be more cost effective buying the powder. I'll post the results on here once I find out how many IU's per mg.

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
hmm, will the powder come sterile in a vial? otherwise how would you use it? Just make it all up/filter and keep in fridge?

fireman

Awards
filter a water based product? would this not remove some of the hcg? I really don't know. all I did was add the hcg and shake. but I made 100,000 mgs at once in 5 vials of bac water. the vial of hcg was 5 mgs at 20,000 iu per ml. So I removed 11 mils of bac water from 5 30 ml vials, put 5 mls of water in with the hcg shook the hell out of it and added 1 ml to each vial of bac water. this gave me 5 vials at 20,000 iu per bottle. and 1ml is 1000 iu. So I've been doing .5 ml twice a week while on cycle. oh and I used a u 100 when adding the hcg to the vial as to not waste a 10th of a cc on each shot. did I do this wrong. this was my first time at using a different brand of hcg.

fm

Disco'ed

Awards
Not sure if the powder comes sterile in a vial, guess I should check that out, although this process is starting to be more trouble than it's worth. I can't find any info on powder HCG anywhere, ie. (how many IU's per mg). At this point I will prbably just stick with a Novarel kit.

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if the powder comes sterile in a vial, guess I should check that out, although this process is starting to be more trouble than it's worth. I can't find any info on powder HCG anywhere, ie. (how many IU's per mg). At this point I will prbably just stick with a Novarel kit.
If you dont' wanna use the source for it, i know someone who does ;)

Disco'ed

Awards
Kitchen Chemist,

Check your email. I have a few questions for you off the board.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Another member of another board asked the same question and ended up answering it himself with research. He stated at 99% purity HCG is 11,000iu's/mg. There is no set IU per MG it all depends on how good the powder is. I'll ask him and see where he got the info. later J

Disco'ed

Awards
I finally found the info about how many IU's= mg for this powder. They stated and I quote "Human Chorionic Gandrotropin is biologically active compared to standard (IRP reference). The activity was found to be 3559 IU/MG."

So 3559 IU's per mg is really not that much considering most powder is 11,000 or even 20,000. I guess it all really depends on how concentrated the powder is.

Lesson to be learned - make sure you know how many IU's per mg. your HCG powder is before you mix it if your not buying a kit.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Exactly there is no set standard. Here's what I was told and just found out "It's a lot harder than i thought. Even at same purities it tests different. I got a sheet from where I ordered mine where they stated the actual potency which is lower than I expected. It's a measure of how bioavailable it is in the body. So the same weights and purities can be different depending on how its made, if that makes sense."