Diet for Epi Cycle

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently doing a CKD, and will be doing an epi cycle in a few weeks. Was wanting some opinions if I should switch to carb cycling or stick to CKD. I was thinking switch to carb cycling while on cycle and then going back to CKD during PCT.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I have the same problem with my Hdrol cycle in a few months. Im still not sure how I'm going to switch up my diet (cut to cycle)

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
i did ckd right up until my epi cycle.. lost 10lbs and was lighter then ever ever.. but i still looked real big.. it primed my body to bulk with epi.... i basically.. slowly began reintroducing carbs untill.. i was about even with my carb and protein intake.. i stayed very lean.. gained maybe 1% body fat... about 2 lbs on cycle...unfortunetly.. it was my first cycle..and i didnt know how important a cortisol blocker during pct is.. so during pct i craved carbs like a girl on her period// it was bad... gained 2-3 more pounds..but kept all size... i learned this lesson once again.. on my last cycle of solo trenadrol.. after cutting.. about 2% fat-4lbs.. i gained that fat right back in pct.. no cortisol control again.. due to money reasons.. but god i wish i spent that money.. i gained that weight back and prob another pound.. 4 weeks out of pct i cut about another 2lbs and im finallly back sitting at around 11-12%bf.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
i did ckd right up until my epi cycle.. lost 10lbs and was lighter then ever ever.. but i still looked real big.. it primed my body to bulk with epi.... i basically.. slowly began reintroducing carbs untill.. i was about even with my carb and protein intake.. i stayed very lean.. gained maybe 1% body fat... about 2 lbs...unfortunetly.. it was my first cycle..and i didnt know how important a cortisol blocker was.. so during pct i craved carbs like a girl on her period// it was bad... gained 2-3 more pounds..but kept all size...
Nice. So you increased your carbs and then started your cycle? Or did you start your cycle and then increase your carbs while on cycle?

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
i started like a day or two before.. but they were pretty low until i started

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
Between 40-70 grams carbs on workout days and about twenty to twentyifive grams on nonworkout days

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Between 40-70 grams carbs on workout days and about twenty to twentyifive grams on nonworkout days
o wow, that is low lol, Im basically doing the same, Im going to run Hdrol/Furaguno in august :)

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Good to know, I'll probably do something similar a few days before I start the cycle. When I start i'll probably just keep my carb increases around 300-500cal per week until my carb intake matches my protein intake. Then during PCT i'll just drop out all the carbs again.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
your saying to raise carbs to equal with protein (250-300 in my situation) then lower them in PCT? I thought you had to maintain or raise your macros in PCT to keep gains?

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
correct.. keep carbs equal to cycle while in pct.. you will lose all your gains if you drop them in pct when your body needs them most... just dont go overboard

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
correct.. keep carbs equal to cycle while in pct.. you will lose all your gains if you drop them in pct when your body needs them most... just dont go overboard
my next run (Hdrol/Furaguno) is going to be a"cut", basically I do not want to gain alot of mass, but LBM I would love...but Im starting to think you cant have both, so should I concentrate on losing BF now, and when I start my cycle focus on LBM? I'm thinking about moderate carbs (300gish) alot of lean protein (300-400g) moderate fat (75-100g), what do you suggest?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Alright, looks like i'll wait until the end of my PCT to go back to keto.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I'm still struggling with what I want to do for my damned diet. I just feel like I won't be able to effectively cut if I bring up my carbs to the level of my protein intake.

what about carb cycling while on cycle? Prolly do something like 125, 100, 75 rotation with a cheat meal once a week.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I'm still struggling with what I want to do for my damned diet. I just feel like I won't be able to effectively cut if I bring up my carbs to the level of my protein intake.

what about carb cycling while on cycle? Prolly do something like 125, 100, 75 rotation with a cheat meal once a week.
idk why but for me I hate eating alot of carbs, for me, I feel like a complete fat@ss, idk why I just do...

when I did ECY/ECA last month I started only eating half a cup of oatmeal in the morning and not many carbs throughout the day, then switched up to 1/4 a cup of oats every 2-3 hours and noticed I felt way better (duh) and seemed to burn more, I suppose the constant supply of carbs every few hours kept my metabolism burning high lol

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
idk why but for me I hate eating alot of carbs, for me, I feel like a complete fat@ss, idk why I just do...

when I did ECY/ECA last month I started only eating half a cup of oatmeal in the morning and not many carbs throughout the day, then switched up to 1/4 a cup of oats every 2-3 hours and noticed I felt way better (duh) and seemed to burn more, I suppose the constant supply of carbs every few hours kept my metabolism burning high lol
I think i'm going to just keep my pro and fat the same as it is now (CKD) and add in that carb rotation above. If I don't see too much of a rebound or fat gain i'll add some more to those rotation amounts. I'll finish up my ECA cycle here and then start the Epi!

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I think i'm going to just keep my pro and fat the same as it is now (CKD) and add in that carb rotation above. If I don't see too much of a rebound or fat gain i'll add some more to those rotation amounts. I'll finish up my ECA cycle here and then start the Epi!
as to the carb cycling Ive only heard of starting low (Mon) then increasing as the week goes on(Sun). You are to going high then low? example...
Mon-Wed: 20-30g carbs
Thrs&Fri:50-100g carbs
Sat&Sun:100-200g carbs

...I may be wrong but that is what I was suggested to do

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
as to the carb cycling Ive only heard of starting low (Mon) then increasing as the week goes on(Sun). You are to going high then low? example...
Mon-Wed: 20-30g carbs
Thrs&Fri:50-100g carbs
Sat&Sun:100-200g carbs

...I may be wrong but that is what I was suggested to do
I've carb cycled like that in the past, I was wanting to try something different. My thought was that it may be a good idea to always have your lowest carb day precede your highest carb day. That way, you'll be fairly depleted going into your high carb day, and the result would be (hopefully) having a much fuller look.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
you would look fuller...give it a try lol

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Finally decided on what i'm going to do...just updating

Sun: Carb load - mainly just eating clean pros + chos, minimal fats
Mon: 300g P/125g C/ 100g F
Tue: 300g P/75 C/ 100g F
Wed: 300g P/25 C/ 100g F
Thurs: Repeat Mon
Fri: Repeat Tue
Sat: Repeat Wed

Will keep it like that for two weeks just to keep an eye on any fat gain and rebound. Carbs will only be eaten in meal 1 and in my post workout meal.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
looks good to me...I may start cycling my carbs instead of just low carb 6 days and 1 day of high carbs

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Finally started my epi log if you guys wanna jump in, link in my sig.