Bush in State of the Union Address: Just say NO to Roids

PC1

Bush Mentions "Roids" in State of the Union Address. Your Action Is Required

Well it's true. Here in the U.S. President Bush, yesterday in his State of the Union address, has called for all atheletes and professional sports leagues to eliminate the use of performance enhancing drugs. I know that in our hearts, all of us bro's here at am.com aspire to do the RIGHT thing, the PATRIOTIC thing and respond to the call of our Commander in Chief. Afterall, none of us want to be responsible for setting a bad example, or sending the wrong message to the impressionable youth of America.

In this vein, I telephoned the White House this AM and have volunteered my services. Each of you, Mods and regular members alike, will be receiving a self addressed and return postage prepaid box from me via USPS in the next 7-10 business days. Please gather up your unused oral/injectible/transdermal Anabolic Steroids, Pro Hormones, and related supplies; bubble wrap them in the box, and drop it in the mail to me. (I explained to the President that we would be requiring enough contraband for 1 PCT, he has no problem with that, once I explained the concept of PCT, so keep enough Nolva, Clomid, HCG, etc. as you require for ONLY 1 PCT) I will be collecting them en masse and will deliver them personally to the White House in a rented truck with the signage:

"State of the Union Steroid Contraband From the Patriots @ am.com".

I've applied for, and obtained all necessary intrastate permits, and the trip will be receiving National media coverage in all the major television networks and newspapers. So be sure to be watching for it within 1-2 weeks of returning your contraband to me.

President Bush himself told me our enthusiastic cooperation is deeply appreciated and duly noted. He said we were indeed, true Patriots.

I know it's a lot of work on my part, nonetheless, I want to contribute where I can.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
LOL WTF!?! Got yourself quite a plan there PC1. I'm game :saw:

PC1

....... just an unemployed bum with too much time on my hands. Glad to be of service though!

:)

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about the unemployment PC.. hopfully things will get better soon

Yimen E.Cricket

Awards
  • Established
PC1 is just looking for a way to slip in some patriots cheer.
He says it through the whole post, patriots..patriots...patriots...BLAH BLAH BLAH . Im sick of hearing about the patriots. :rolleyes:
:shoot:

Please take it to the football forum.

Go PANTHERS :D

Last edited:
Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
maybe they could make bombs out of all our used needles and drop them on iraq or something... id be down if they did that

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I think I may just use my pins as darts to throw at pictures of Bush ;)

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yoou dont pin jesse, who you trying to kid. Your still doin transdermals and m1t ;)

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
well I have my pins for next cycle, so at this point they might as well be heaved at W :D

PC1

PC1 is just looking for a way to slip in some patriots cheer.
He says it through the whole post, patriots..patriots...patriots...BLAH BLAH BLAH . Im sick of hearing about the patriots. :rolleyes:
:shoot:

Please take it to the football forum.

Go PANTHERS :D
My subliminal plot has been exposed, too thinly veiled !

Ha!

bellicose

Banned
Awards
am i the only one who thinks that bush's speech writers should be fired?
Why the hell do they clap for so long after every 5 words? I wached that whole address and didn't get real info out of it.
Word spinning, patriotic cliche's(sp?)

size

Awards
  • Established
Tatortodd nailed it. If you are to lazy to read the whole thing here is the important part:

John Walters, director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, said he spoke at length with the president, a former owner of the Texas Rangers, last month about the problem of drugs in sports.

"The president has had a personal involvement with major league baseball, and he's particularly concerned that it's bad for players, it's bad for the sport, it's bad for young people and he's calling for them to fix it," Walters said. "It's not a government responsibility."

PC1

Size, Tatortodd...... I hear you.

My point was no point at all really, I was just taken for a few minutes by a stoopid and comical idea.

BTW, I mailed both your boxes today, you should have yours by Friday.

:D

size

Awards
  • Established
Thanks PC1.

I appreciate it, I hope you sent it express b/c it takes awhile to get things to me in El Salvador

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Everything is progressing.. just alittle slow for my tastes.. 2 weeks and I get out of my damn brace I hope :D

PC1

Everything is progressing.. just alittle slow for my tastes.. 2 weeks and I get out of my damn brace I hope :D
It does SUCK being down. Last I read you had just gotten out of the house for the first time post-op. Are you able to get around reasonably comfortably now or are you still immobile?

(I hate to use that word in your case because your condition is temporary, and you WILL be back)

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
Tatortodd nailed it. If you are to lazy to read the whole thing here is the important part:

John Walters, director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, said he spoke at length with the president, a former owner of the Texas Rangers, last month about the problem of drugs in sports.

"The president has had a personal involvement with major league baseball, and he's particularly concerned that it's bad for players, it's bad for the sport, it's bad for young people and he's calling for them to fix it," Walters said. "It's not a government responsibility."
That is the way those two paragraphs were phrased, but consider this:

1. If it is a call for athletic bodies to police themselves, it implies that said athletic bodies are not doing so now, since Bush is "calling for them to fix it." Note his comment, "So tonight I call on team owners, union representatives, coaches and players to take the lead, to send the right signal, to get tough, and to get rid of steroids now." Notice Upshaw's reply, "I don't know who Bush is talking about, but he's not talking about the NFL, because we've already dealt with steroids, performance-enhancing drugs and all of that." What happens if in the administration's opinion the "problem" is not fixed?

2. The athletic bodies were the ones who uncovered the use of THG. Bush is responding belatedly to this news. How is it that even though they were actively policing themselves, that they were criticized for not doing anything? Bush should have congratulated them for locating the THG problem and encouraged them to greater diligence. He did not do this, but rather did the opposite--he delivered a veiled threat. Note Uryasz' comment, "We shouldn't underplay the importance of the president of the United States speaking out on this issue. I think it sends a strong message to sports that government is watching this."

3. Separate from the speech, but relevant to its "meaning," I do not think it has been proven that the government does not want to gain control of the supplement industry. Even companies that make herbs and other non-athletic supplements are concerned about some of the newly proposed bills like Senate bill S-722 (the Durbin bill).

PC1

Not that I intended to go there when I began this silly thread, but since it's been raised, I guess I will :)

I wouldn't read anything into his mention of performance enhancing drugs in the speech. (1) If he felt the need to mention something about it, it's only because it reared it's head somewhat in baseball this past season. Bush has SO MUCH else on his plate right now with Iraq, the economy and re-election, any legislative solution is WAY off his radar. (2) Some people do take all the rah-rah aspect of a president's speech seriously. Perhaps 2 or 3 people might be influenced not to get into such drugs [well ok, maybe 1 person, maybe]. I think though that his main point for mentioning it is so people would perceive he is aware of it, that he's not isolated in the ivory tower white house. (3) if he really had any degree of passion for the subject and wanted to have a staffer look into it, he would know there is proposed legislation in the house that is beginning to address the concern. he could have mentioned it by name in his speech, but did not.