4 Week H-Drol Log

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
Hi guys, starting my 4 week run on h drol today and thought I would log it.
Starting stats
Age: 22 Weight: 178, Height: 5'9" Bf%: ~15% Experience: 3 week M1-t run, 5 years of lifting Goals: 10 -12 lbs lean mus, lose some bf

--> Got all the support supps (pre loaded and throughout), reversitol , and nolva on hand

-Hittin back today, keep you updated

Tnx:lick:

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
How many weeks you running? Gaining 10-12 lbs lean while losing fat on h-drol is a mighty lofty goal.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
could you post your diet

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
yes I know its a lofty goal but I set my sights high to push me more at the gym. and im running it 4 weeks 50/50/50/75 with a possibility of a 5th week. I plan on integrating HIIT with all the compounds for mainly strength

and Diet:

Morning: 3cups oatmeal/protein powder/PB, 3 egg whites, fruit
Late Morning: 2 Cans Tuna, salsa, brown rice, fruit
Lunch: Lean chicken, veggies, brown rice
Pre Workout: usually a protein bar and No v3 shotgun (creatine/protein/nox)
Post Workout: Shake
Pre Dinner/Dinner: Whole wheat pasta, Lean Meats, sweet potatos, veggies
Pre Bed: 2 cups cottage cheese, carrots/veggies

-- thats pretty much the breakdown, with alternating meats (beef/chicken/fish) and veggies/fruit

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
With your goals I would strongly recommend 50/50/75/75/75.

Most people don't feel anything from h-drol until week three (I didn't until week four). No way you are going to put on 10-12 lb LBM in the last two weeks of an h-drol cycle.

Good luck!

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
Thanks for the advice. I m mainly concerned with sides with that dosing... but i'll def bump it up to 75 in week 3-4

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice. I m mainly concerned with sides with that dosing... but i'll def bump it up to 75 in week 3-4
If you've done your research you'll see that very few people experience sides from h-drol.

It's funny that I'm encouraging you to go with a long cycle because I tend to be very conservative with what I do and what I recommend. Better safe than sorry is my philosophy. But I'm comfortable recommending five weeks for h-drol, especially since this isn't your first cycle.

To be honest, h-drol is so mild I'd like to do a sixth week but there's a lot of agreement that shutting down for six weeks with anything makes recovery more tricky so I'd rather not push the envelope.

In five weeks I got the type of changes I wanted from my cycle but not nearly to the degree I had hoped.

What's your PCT look like?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
definitely run a 5th week...and run weeks 3-5 at 75 mg. Hdrol is super mild. it was my first PH and had no sides...minus a little acne. Plus you need some fat sources in your diet. Nuts, natty PB, olive oil, etc.

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
Yea, Im gonna bump it up to 75 mg in week 3-5 considering i have an extra bottle. As of right now my PCT is Reversitol as per instructions weeks 1-3 + PCS in week 3, with milk thistle, saw, hawthorne, multi... and of course nolva on hand to combat any male teetas lol.
LOG-

Day 1 : Hit Back
-Deadlifts- maxed at normal 315 x 4
Rows etc
-no noticable affects

Day 2: heavy chest ( bad decision after the deads)
Hit bench at normal 150x 10, 180x 8, ... 225x 4
Flys, incline/decline/dips

Felt very lathargic....even after taking my preworkout NO shoutgun
...up 1lbs. (179) but had to take a dump so idk.. lol

Wed, Day 3
Definate increase in vascularity... took day off ( had to move out of my college apt) - lifting the couches etc gave nice pump which has stayed so far.

I have been spacing the dosage and supps about 4 hrs apart (i.e., 10 Am 25 mg H Drol, 2pm support supps, 6pm 25 mg Hdrol, 10 pm Supps)
Do you guys think this is the best method? or switch it up?

Tnx

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Yea, Im gonna bump it up to 75 mg in week 3-5 considering i have an extra bottle. As of right now my PCT is Reversitol as per instructions weeks 1-3 + PCS in week 3, with milk thistle, saw, hawthorne, multi... and of course nolva on hand to combat any male teetas lol.
LOG-

Day 1 : Hit Back
-Deadlifts- maxed at normal 315 x 4
Rows etc
-no noticable affects

Day 2: heavy chest ( bad decision after the deads)
Hit bench at normal 150x 10, 180x 8, ... 225x 4
Flys, incline/decline/dips

Felt very lathargic....even after taking my preworkout NO shoutgun
...up 1lbs. (179) but had to take a dump so idk.. lol

Wed, Day 3
Definate increase in vascularity... took day off ( had to move out of my college apt) - lifting the couches etc gave nice pump which has stayed so far.

I have been spacing the dosage and supps about 4 hrs apart (i.e., 10 Am 25 mg H Drol, 2pm support supps, 6pm 25 mg Hdrol, 10 pm Supps)
Do you guys think this is the best method? or switch it up?

Tnx
Conventional wisdom says no NO products while on cycle. That's bad for your BP. Consider dropping the NO Shotgun.

Also, if you have the Nolva already why don't you use it? I hope others will let OP answer the question before chiming in. Just want to know OPs thoughts on this rather than turning this into a debate.

EDIT: You might want to consider adding a natty test booster (i.e. Diesel Test Hardcore, Blue Up) at the start of PCT. And a lot of people recommend starting creatine in PCT which could give you an extra boost at the right time. If you're already using creatine most people would recommend stopping during the cycle.

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
True. I've researched that and all advice points away from NO products while on cycle. It's just really hard for me to find energy. But i'll def drop it. A far as the nolva... any input? I thought Hdrol was too mild for it but appreciate any advice

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
True. I've researched that and all advice points away from NO products while on cycle. It's just really hard for me to find energy. But i'll def drop it. A far as the nolva... any input? I thought Hdrol was too mild for it but appreciate any advice
You are going to get all kinds of advice about using a SERM for h-drol PCT. I'm going to PM you some links to threads here and on other sites that were very helpful to me in making my decision (I'm using a SERM - Torem) because I don't think you can post links to other sites in the public forum.

BTW - My PCT started today. I plan to update my log with final thoughts about my cycle and start logging PCT. My gains were nothing close to what you are hoping for. Granted my goal was to cut but even if I was trying to bulk I don't think I would have come anywhere close to 10lb of LBM while cutting fat.

Hey, what's your diet macros look like? I know you posted your diet but I'm too lazy to do the math. Break down the calories and macros for us.

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
Got your PM , thanks. A far as calories, macros etc I'm not quite sure to be honest b/c all the stuff I eat is from my family's restaurant and it comes in large quantities but I'll look into it.

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
Day 4
heading to the gym now to hit Bi's and abs.
Will post later how the workout went

- Did anyone have input on the 4 hour spacing of my dosage that i posted earlier ??
i.e., 10 Am 25 mg H Drol, 2pm support supps, 6pm 25 mg Hdrol, 10 pm Supps)

e.g.,

blais83

Awards
Hey Mindgamerst Im in for the ride brothaa. I did a 6 week cycle of Hdrol a little while back and gained 14 pounds (168lb-182lb). I would recommend at least going an extra week to 5 weeks because it really didnt start kicking in until the 3rd-4th week. Like i said i did a 6 week cycle and the pct was very very smooth. I just used reversitol and tribulus and got back fast. I didn't have any sides and i was able to keep 12 lb of it ultimately.

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Got your PM , thanks. A far as calories, macros etc I'm not quite sure to be honest b/c all the stuff I eat is from my family's restaurant and it comes in large quantities but I'll look into it.
You need to have this down pat on cycle. Anyone will tell you that your cycle will only be as good as your diet.

You should have a firm grasp on this stuff weather on cycle or not, but especially on cycle. Figure it out!!!

Day 4
heading to the gym now to hit Bi's and abs.
Will post later how the workout went

- Did anyone have input on the 4 hour spacing of my dosage that i posted earlier ??
i.e., 10 Am 25 mg H Drol, 2pm support supps, 6pm 25 mg Hdrol, 10 pm Supps)

e.g.,
I've not read anything to suggest it matters. In fact I've read more than once that it doesn't matter because I had a similar concern. I took everything together.

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
Hey Mindgamerst Im in for the ride brothaa. I did a 6 week cycle of Hdrol a little while back and gained 14 pounds (168lb-182lb). I would recommend at least going an extra week to 5 weeks because it really didnt start kicking in until the 3rd-4th week. Like i said i did a 6 week cycle and the pct was very very smooth. I just used reversitol and tribulus and got back fast. I didn't have any sides and i was able to keep 12 lb of it ultimately.

Cool man. Yea, everyone has recommended the xtra week, so i'll hit it hard.

Day 4 Bis/abs

Hammer curls, reverse curls, straight bar curls, close grip kneel curls, isolation curls, and a few forearm rolls. Got an awesome, vascular pump that stayed the day. No noticable strength increase. Weight at 182 from 178... not sure if thats water retention/food etc.

Abs- situps, leg rasies, ball/floor situps

LA, Im totally aware of the importance of having an excellent diet, with proper carb/protein/fat distribution. I'll check out the break down and get back 2 you. But, I do have several professional body builders at my gym who gave me input on what/how much/and when i should be eating certain foods--> e.g., essential fats/ p-lbs/ complex carbs etc

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
Day 5
Legs/Tri's

Def increase in strength on squats. Use to max out at 4-5 reps on 315, but today got 8 and felt like I could do more. Cavs went easy..hit 630lbs on weighted cav press.. felt like nothing :D

Awesome pump on tris- weighted dips, skull crushers, close grip negs, pull downs, extensions. Pump has lasted so far.. feel slightly "euphoric". No sides, just random bouts of lethargy.
Appetite seems minimal for some reason, but I've maintained a surplus of caloric maintence (4000+)

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
Im finishing up week 5 of my hdrol cycle right now, I would recommend you get your diet in check, I didn't have mine and I wish I would have followed what I layed out a bit better. Also make sure you are pushing yourself to the limit each and every workout, you will find that with this supp you will have a little left in the tank you didn't know you had!! Eat Clean, Train Hard, don't cheat yourself, good luck

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
This is especially true for h-drol which is really mild.

For the five weeks of my cycle I ate as clean as I ever have in my life. Plus zero alcohol and zero caffeine. That's probably the first time since I started drinking Coke as a child that I went five weeks with ZERO caffeine.

I also upped my lifting from 3 days/week to 5 days/week.

And with all of that I had very moderate gains. If my diet and training weren't spot on I can see how I may have had no gains at all from my cycle.

Don't take for granted that the changes are guaranteed or automatic. You have to up your game while on cycle (especially h-drol) if you want to see results.

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
Appreciate the advice. By no means am I taking the cycle lightly, I'm hitting the gym 6 days a week for at least an 1.5 houra of intense training. I did about 90 reps of squats today ...and currently can't walk lol. My diet is in check, but I am still consuming caffine b/c I work late and probably wouldnt be able to function w/o it. I've also gotten into the habit of consuming way more water than I usually do (bad i know)

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Appreciate the advice. By no means am I taking the cycle lightly, I'm hitting the gym 6 days a week for at least an 1.5 houra of intense training. I did about 90 reps of squats today ...and currently can't walk lol. My diet is in check, but I am still consuming caffine b/c I work late and probably wouldnt be able to function w/o it. I've also gotten into the habit of consuming way more water than I usually do (bad i know)
Be careful about overtraining. 6 days/week sounds like too much even on cycle. Think about making one of those days a cardio day. 90 reps in the squat rack also sounds like it's too much. You want to up the intensity on cycle but not totally change your routine. Up the weight a bit, maybe do an extra set, but don't go berserk ;)

I don't see the problem with drinking lots of water so long as it's not an extreme amount. And caffeine is bad for your BP on cycle, cut it out if you can.

gregchicken

Banned
Awards
nolva on hand is a waste of time, h drol is a waste of time also

Marc-Antony

Awards
Be careful about overtraining. 6 days/week sounds like too much even on cycle. Think about making one of those days a cardio day. 90 reps in the squat rack also sounds like it's too much. You want to up the intensity on cycle but not totally change your routine. Up the weight a bit, maybe do an extra set, but don't go berserk ;)

I don't see the problem with drinking lots of water so long as it's not an extreme amount. And caffeine is bad for your BP on cycle, cut it out if you can.
Overtraining, please. Maybe, overreaching, if even that.

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Overtraining, please. Maybe, overreaching, if even that.
90 reps of squats is not going to yield favorable results. Not even advisable on a cut, IMO, which is the only time doing something like that makes remote sense.

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
lol... Yes, they are still killing me now. Next leg day i'll rack the weight up, raise intensity and lessen the reps, but at the time I got caught up listening to rage and didnt wanna stop pumpin . WIll try to hit chest today but I'm working 10-9... hopefully I can get out a little early.

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
lol... Yes, they are still killing me now. Next leg day i'll rack the weight up, raise intensity and lessen the reps, but at the time I got caught up listening to rage and didnt wanna stop pumpin . WIll try to hit chest today but I'm working 10-9... hopefully I can get out a little early.
rage is the best to lift to

Marc-Antony

Awards
90 reps of squats is not going to yield favorable results. Not even advisable on a cut, IMO, which is the only time doing something like that makes remote sense.
I missed the part were OP was doing 90 reps/day. So, yeah, you are probably right.

Then, again we don't really know the intensity, tempo, rom, rest periods of his squat sets. There is 90reps, and then there is 90 smolov reps. And, well, GVT calls for 10x10, so I dono.

:beerchug:

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
rage is the best to lift to

Hell yea man! I seriously suffer lifting when I dont have my RATM :D

- Thanks 4 the sub TomCat

Mon, Day 8, 50 mg
-Shoulders

I Got off work around 10 PM which left me with an hour at the gym, which ended up being plenty.
Military press, did my normal warmup/stretch..
warmup 50x10 (x2). Dumbells: 60x10, 65x8, 70x6, 75x4, 70x6, 65x8, 60x10
The weights were going up like feathers. Normally I need a spot to throw up 75's or 80's but it seemed really easy so my strength is def increasing. (P.S. how does everyone feel but max weight on dumbell military press..? possible back strains etc? )
Mood: Pumped to workout/energetic
Weight: 181 from 178
Libido: horny as ****
- Increasing vascularity, but no noticable size increase (only very slight)

Shrugs, shoulder raises, pullups, cable pull. Finished off with a superset of dumbell press 45x15 (x2)

Today is day 9, Chest. Im heading to the gym in a few hours then off to my first Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu class... should be interesting lol.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
as long as you keep good form on the military press, your back should be fine

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
I would say you need to bump it up to 75 in week 3 and 4 at least... I felt the most in week 5 so I would recommend doing at least a 5 if not 6

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
If you do six weeks just keep in mind that it'll be harder to get back on track on PCT. This isn't from my experience, I've just read it enough times to believe it. Six weeks is the tipping point so if you go that long would be a good idea to at least have a SERM on hand.

Have you guys ever done Arnold Presses? They're similar to military DB presses but IMO they're better because you get better ROM.

This is what they look like but you can Google for more info.

DBArnoldPress.gif

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
Yea, Ive done those b4...but considering I have a titanium plate in my arm , that ROM negatively affects my left elbow.

Tue, Day 9, 50 mg
Chest

Ok, so huge increase in stregth today! Did dumbell press, and last week i got up to 90x6, but today I hit the 110's x 8 ! Felt easy too... overall had a great workout.
Flat/Incline/Decline - Flys, cables, close grip negs, superset.

Diet has been kept in check. Finally noticing strength....yet to see much size difference

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
Oh, and Im def doing 5 weeks ---> 50/50/75/75/75

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
Gonzo, no sides so far....aside from occassional lathargy and hornyness (if u consider that a bad thing) lol. Great product so far, just being patient with size increases b.c it kicks in around week 3.

TomCat, I plan on increasing my caloric intake by ~750 cal a day, and increasing carb intake (e.g. 4 cups oatmeal in morning/whole wheat pastas/ sweet potatoes/ 2 cups brown rice)

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
sounds good but I wouldnt increase it by 750 over night...just add 300-400 cals EOD or something, so your body will better adjust to it

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Yea, Ive done those b4...but considering I have a titanium plate in my arm , that ROM negatively affects my left elbow.

Tue, Day 9, 50 mg
Chest

Ok, so huge increase in stregth today! Did dumbell press, and last week i got up to 90x6, but today I hit the 110's x 8 ! Felt easy too... overall had a great workout.
Flat/Incline/Decline - Flys, cables, close grip negs, superset.

Diet has been kept in check. Finally noticing strength....yet to see much size difference
Wow, that's an impressive increase of strength on day 9 of a h-drol cycle. Some of that has to be placebo because h-drol just doesn't work that fast, but it doesn't matter, what matters is you're lifting heavier.

Nice work!

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
lift and feel the weight. dont just move the weight, ya know...

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
Gonzo, no sides so far....aside from occassional lathargy and hornyness (if u consider that a bad thing) lol. Great product so far, just being patient with size increases b.c it kicks in around week 3.

TomCat, I plan on increasing my caloric intake by ~750 cal a day, and increasing carb intake (e.g. 4 cups oatmeal in morning/whole wheat pastas/ sweet potatoes/ 2 cups brown rice)

Yep, mine kicked in right at the end of week 2. I bumped up to 75 for week 2 as well though, but people say that doesn't make it kick in any faster. I think you will really enjoy this cycle at 5 weeks as that is the week I felt it the most!!! this is my 6th week (only do half this week) and I think a 6 weeker is too much-- at this point I am ready to be done and head into PCT...

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
sounds good but I wouldnt increase it by 750 over night...just add 300-400 cals EOD or something, so your body will better adjust to it
OK, sounds good. I'll gradually increase to 750 within 4 days or so. Tnx. And yes, form is always my upmost concern (over actual weight)... but considering i've never done the 110's before it was def a little sloppy. I'll keep going till its tight, controlled movements.

- L.A., im sure some of it was placebo...but when i picked up the weights they felt like the little b*tches they really are lol... so either way, feels good :D

Day 10, Cardio/Abs
-Am going to do about 45 min of running/elipticals, and a hardcore ab workout. Ill post later how it went

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
Tone, When u say "kicked in", what does that actually feel like? size increase? just so im 'prepared' lol

Question Guys: the hdrol Im using currently is by CEL, but the 2nd bottle I have is Fast Action Hdrol. When I bump to 75mg in week 3, would it matter if im mixing these 'different' hdrols?

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
Tone, When u say "kicked in", what does that actually feel like? size increase? just so im 'prepared' lol

Question Guys: the hdrol Im using currently is by CEL, but the 2nd bottle I have is Fast Action Hdrol. When I bump to 75mg in week 3, would it matter if im mixing these 'different' hdrols?
When It kicks in its nothing major, no dramatic size increase, no dramatic strength increase. You will be able to tell the difference though. Hard to describe but you will definitely know when it 'kicks'.

As far as the different hdrols are concerned I used CEL and I know that there is a specific chemical name they give you for the ingredients in it. When I looked up your Fast Action Hdrol it ddin't have the same exact chemical name, but they gave a different name for the ingredients, so Im not even really sure what to tell ya about that one.

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
Ok, cool. Yea I looked it up but couldnt decipher the difference. Anyone else have opinions?