anavar from m1t??

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
i saw this on superior muscle and my question has any one tried it? since m1t readily avilabe at cheap price. only step thats hard to do is the recrystallization of the sodium salt without ozone . i dont know from where i can get some ozone gas!

steps from original thread:
17-methy-1-test is treated with ozone in methanol and then NaOH is added. This allows the purification of the intermediate by recrystallization of the sodium salt. The result is that the double bond is cleaved to give a carboxyolic acid (salt) on one side and an aldehyde on the other. The salt is dissolved in water and acidified to pH=4. NaBH4 is added to reduce the intermediate aldehyde. The resulting alcohol will spontaniously close with the carboxylic acid to give the desired lactone ring. The product is oxandrolone

Last edited:
Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Instead, cleave the alkene with KMnO4 in an acidic methanol solution. It will yield the same intermediate and can be processed with sodium borohydride in the same vessel.

Chemo

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Chemo where did you get your degree? And was it in chemistry I presume.

bellicose

Banned
Awards
chemo, are you fairly confident that this will work?
If so, i might head to the chemistry lab at school to give this a shot

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cool chemo. I am looking at the UofU program for a labratory science/neurology M.S.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
chemo, are you fairly confident that this will work?
If so, i might head to the chemistry lab at school to give this a shot
The basic procedure is sound: cleave the alkene and reduce to a lactone. The choice of reagents, however, will be determined by ease of acquisition.

Chemo

bellicose

Banned
Awards
The basic procedure is sound: cleave the alkene and reduce to a lactone. The choice of reagents, however, will be determined by ease of acquisition.

Chemo
Jeez, chemo!! To know what you know and have a laboratory at your disposal. Must be nice having a degree in chemistry

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Well, it is my job to teach you bros what I know...you should check out what we have in the works! Stay tuned for updates on AM University...

Chemo

FYI - For those that want to check out the under construction site go to http://courses.anabolicminds.com

bellicose

Banned
Awards
and i suppose these lessons are gonna cost us right? If so, i'm out

bellicose

Banned
Awards
didn't see that chemo...sorry about that
I'm a poor college student so you can probably understand how nice a free thing is for me.
I'm also taking chemistry in school right now, so i'll consider your readings as classwork. Maybe i can convince the proffesor to let me do some experiments...(lightbulb)....

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
a 19 year old who puts up some serious weight
That's great but around here showing respect and appreciation will get you much further than how much you can bench. In case you haven't noticed you are already surfing a free board full of information paid for by Chemo.

bellicose

Banned
Awards
That's great but around here showing respect and appreciation will get you much further than how much you can bench. In case you haven't noticed you are already surfing a free board full of information paid for by Chemo.
And i understand and appreciate that, its just that certain board memebers find it there goal to attack and badger me.
I asked a question and chemo answered it

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
And i understand and appreciate that, its just that certain board memebers find it there goal to attack and badger me.
I asked a question and chemo answered it
I don't see it that way. Rather I see comments like "and i suppose these lessons are gonna cost us right? If so, i'm out" Take a minute to know what you are talking about before opening your mouth and you will find you won't be having as many problems around here. I appreciate your cooperation.

bellicose

Banned
Awards
I don't see it that way. Rather I see comments like "and i suppose these lessons are gonna cost us right? If so, i'm out" Take a minute to know what you are talking about before opening your mouth and you will find you won't be having as many problems around here. I appreciate your cooperation.
you got it chief

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
Instead, cleave the alkene with KMnO4 in an acidic methanol solution. It will yield the same intermediate and can be processed with sodium borohydride in the same vessel.

Chemo
its a stupid question, but what concentration of the reagents must be used in the reaction? can you gusse what will be the yield of this reaction?

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established

Chemo
one more question, there is no need to add NAOH, right!!!! if so the step of recrystallization of the sodium salt will be cancelled.

revised steps:

17-methy-1-test is treated with KMnO4 in methanol solution. The result is that the double bond is cleaved to give a carboxyolic acid (salt) on one side and an aldehyde on the other. The salt is dissolved in water and acidified to pH=4. NaBH4 is added to reduce the intermediate baldheaded.The resulting alcohol will spontaniously close with the carboxylic acid to give the desired lactone ring. The product is oxandrolone.

thats it?!

all materials (methanol, m1t powder, and potasium permanganate) are avilabe but only thing is mising is the Sodium Borohydride (Anhydrous), and dam expensive
Price: $58.00 for 10g from science lab. chemo is there a substitute for this reagent to reduce the intermeduate? :D

Last edited:
Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Be sure to add the permananate in an ACIDIC methanol solution. Also, the NaBH4 needs to be reacted in an acidic environment so it makes it more convenient.

As for actual mass of each reagent needed: I have not done the stoichiometry. That is YOUR job...I just propose the synth flow. ;)

Chemo

88wheelie

Awards
So does the anavar just crash out the solution so that it can be filtered ? How is the anavar harvested at the end of this process and purified, do not fancy eating those reagants.
If this is a viable process then a kit that provides all the bits could be a nice little earner.
:)

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
the prcess of recrystallization = purification. dam i must add to the recrystallization step to the procedure. but dam i dont ont know a good solvent for anavar. :(

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
Chemo

after preparing anavar from the reaction. it will be mixed with other reagents, isnt it?. so i need to recrystilize the anavar to purify it. do u know any good solvent for this purpose?

surferdude26

Awards
The anavar is soluble in ethanol and so at the end of the reaction will be in solution. Adding sufficient iced water to the solution will make the anavar precipitate out. It can then be filtered out and can then be washed and the pH of the precipitate checked for neutral.

I suppose to be even purer the precipitate can be redisolved in ethanol and precipitated again and washed, but I think this might just reduce yield for no great purity gain, unsure??

The precipitate can finally be dried on the filter paper in an oven and then yield can be calculated. One check for the product is that oxandrolone melts at around 226-230 C

Anyone know any where to get m1t powder not tabs ??

http://designersupps.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=38