AST(liver) high on blood test

George l

Awards
My AST was 550 with 500 being the upper reference level. I have done a couple of oral(h drol) cycles before and every thing has always been in range.I had been experimenting with low dose dianabol, never going above 20 mg s for 4 weeks. Could this small amount mess up my liver? Ialso came off a month of an OTC liver cleanser before the test . Could this have skewed the results? Is this anything to be really concerned about , being 50 points over. Range is 15-500. ALT was normal.

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My AST was 550 with 500 being the upper reference level. I have done a couple of oral(h drol) cycles before and every thing has always been in range.I had been experimenting with low dose dianabol, never going above 20 mg s for 4 weeks. Could this small amount mess up my liver? Ialso came off a month of an OTC liver cleanser before the test . Could this have skewed the results? Is this anything to be really concerned about , being 50 points over. Range is 15-500. ALT was normal.
Normal is 5--43 your not just 50 points over... Your 457 points over..:jaw:

EVILADAMS

EVILADAMS

Awards
  • Established
Many things cause AST counts to be high; i.e. muscle damage from lifting weights, physical activity, getting a shot (vaccination or gear). For these reasons. AST counts are not accurate for measuring damage to a liver. The ALT is a more accurate gage of liver damage. You have been taking Dianabol and presumably working out which is probably causing a high reading. Take a deep breath, relax, and lay off of everything if you want your AST to come down.

I have a lot of experience with this. I took 1 too many methlys before and my ALT count was 606 at one point. From personal experience, time will heal it, not more supplements.

George l

Awards
the range for this test was 15 -500 not 5-43.

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:bigok:
the range for this test was 15 -500 not 5-43.
Cool, then I guess I can finally start taking M1T at 50 MGS STACKED with Superdrol 50 MGS and polish off a bottle of vodka every night.:bigok:

NAS

NAS

Awards
I had my blood checked right after a 75mg hdrol run and my AST was 35, ALT 41. the range on the test was 10-40 for AST and 9-60 for ALT. Your value range 15-500 dosnt make any sense, never heard of ranges like that...

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Must not be in U/L. Anyways, assuming your reference range is correct, you're barely outside of normal and not much to worry about. Probably just slightly elevated from your previous hormone/drug use.

EVILADAMS

EVILADAMS

Awards
  • Established
If he really is talking AST counts and not confused with something else, the upper limit is NOT 500.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
An elevated AST isn't telling much at all without the rest of your liver function panel to correlate the etiology. Can you post it up?

I put this together last week. Check it out:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/primordial-performance/125767-trauma1s-basic-interpretation.html

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
An elevated AST isn't telling much at all without the rest of your liver function panel to correlate the etiology. Can you post it up?

Maybee not, but I wouldn't be to happy about a 550 reading..

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Maybee not, but I wouldn't be to happy about a 550 reading..
Until the complete profile is posted up, nothing can be adequately discerned at all. Even if the AST is significantly elevated (which is not a hepatic specific marker), a normal ALT (which is hepatic specific) is a good indication the issue isn't directly hepatic (liver) etiology in nature.

Again though, the information is too incomplete to say anything.

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Until the complete profile is posted up, nothing can be adequately discerned at all. Even if the AST is significantly elevated (which is not a hepatic specific marker), a normal ALT (which is hepatic specific) is a good indication the issue isn't directly hepatic (liver) etiology in nature.

Again though, the information is too incomplete to say anything.
Fair enough...

George l

Awards
I'm sorry for the confusion, I was looking at the wrong column. The reference range IS 10-35 and mine was 39. The alt range is 9-60, mine was 38. I also looked at my past few tests and on one the AST was 41 with the range being 3-50. So I'm within the range on that test. Again, sorry for the confusion and thanks for the help.