weight gainer and m1t

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I havent heard of anyone using weight gainer with m1t has anyone tried it?

RLD

Awards
Its not really neaded. While on M1T I would suggeste getting all your calories from food. Food > Then any supplement.
And this will alow you to keep all your gains pretty lean as well.

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Gaining weight = more calories in than BMR. Losing weight = less calories taken in than BMR

If u dont know what BMR means, I hope you arent using M1T, and are just entertaining the idea.

RLD

Awards
Gaining weight = more calories in than BMR. Losing weight = less calories taken in than BMR

If u dont know what BMR means, I hope you arent using M1T, and are just entertaining the idea.
I'm not sure why you posted that and then quized him on it.
He didnt even tippy toe around a question that would have involved that answer.

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure why you posted that and then quized him on it.
He didnt even tippy toe around a question that would have involved that answer.
MOST people posting about weight gainers are newbies that don't understand the first thing about the basics of bb'ing as Jarconis posted and therefore should not be using M1T or any other PH/PS. There are 8 bazillion threads on weight gainers on here and bb.com. The general consensus is that they are crap (unhealthy and overpriced), and you'll be much healthier and wealthier doing straight protein with a low GI carbs most of the day. PWO there are huge debate between low GI carbs and high GI carbs.

~Todd

RLD

Awards
I don't take thim. But I see no reason to assume the guy knows nothing simply because he asked if "others" have taken weight gainers while on a cycle of m1t.

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
I don't take thim. But I see no reason to assume the guy knows nothing simply because he asked if "others" have taken weight gainers while on a cycle of m1t.
Please name me a PH/PS where you can't take whey and high GI carbs? That is why I've jumped to the newbie conclusion. If you don't know what a weight gainer is why are you posting?

Here are the ingredients in the #1 selling weight gainer at bb.com (N-large 2): Maltodextrin, Cross Flow Micro Filtration Cold Processed Ion Exchanged Whey, Fructose, Natural Flavoring.

Here is the macronutrient profile for 4 scoops:
Calories: 600
Calories from Fat: 55
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 100 mg
Sodium: 150mg
Total Carbohydrates: 86 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 28 g
Protein: 52 g
Calcium: 400mg
Iron: 2mg

RLD

Awards
Well again, I don't know why your breaking down what weight gainers are. And asking the questions your asking.

Your turning a mole hill into a mountain.

Dude simply wants to know if anyone continued to take weight gainer while on a cycle.

Its a simple Yes or No followed by why your support your conclusion. For instance, my response

Its not really neaded. While on M1T I would suggeste getting all your calories from food. Food > Then any supplement.

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
Well again, I don't know why your breaking down what weight gainers are. And asking the questions your asking.

Your turning a mole hill into a mountain.

Dude simply wants to know if anyone continued to take weight gainer while on a cycle.

Its a simple Yes or No followed by why your support your conclusion. For instance, my response
I agreed with your response to Rebel, but disagreed with your response to Jarconis. I'll admit that I was not smiling (good indicator to myself that my tone was crappy) when I typed my response yesterday, but regardless my first question was valid and the ingredients and macronutrient profile further emphasized my doubts about Rebel's question.

I admit my second question was a personal attack and I apologize. I come to AM to learn and to help out where I can, and personal attacks are an unnecessary distraction.

This is not meant to be taken as a personal attack, but maybe you should be asking yourself why you think it's a yes or no response when Jarconis and myself think it's a question with underlying issues behind it?

~Todd

P.S. Jarconis, if you're still following this thread please don't take my response to mean that I think I'm as knowledgeable as you. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not.

bellicose

Banned
Awards
yes, i took weight gainer while on my m1t cycle. However, i have taken weight gainer for a couple years now.
It makes it much easier to get my calories in for the day. When you get to 5000+ calories a day, cooking meals all day can become a chore.
I do it more out of convenience.

RLD

Awards
Thats cool todd.

I say its yes or no because thats how I read the question. I guess were both reading this differently. I see the guy asking if anyone has done it. For all we know Rebel is tottaly against it. You however seem to be reading it as a "would it be worth my time to take weight gainers on M1T". In which case your post seem very helpful.

But I guess until Rebels decides to post again we'll never officially know.

2gcorey

Awards
  • Established
i use nlarge2, but i don't take it every day. often i'll do 2 scoops at night because i'm a college student and eat 3 meals a day, but with tossing in half a weight gainer shake or two i consider it close to 4 or 5 meals a day. great for college students who often wake up late and miss breakfast also :) i do that often...but a tub lasts me a few months i'd say. 30 dollars at dpsnutrition. i consider it a decent deal, but i don't live by it

four20serge

Awards
I use it mainly because im on a 1-ad cycle and i need the most calories i can take in and protein also i still eat my 3 main meals a day but the enlarge 2 helps put alot plus it works great.

wimpy

Awards
woudn't a product like nlarge2 be ideal for a post-workout shake since it contains a good a mount of protien and high GI carbs (maltodextrin)?

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was just asking if anyone has used any weight gainers on m1t because I havent heard anyone talk about it. I read the forum every day and just like to see what other peoples gains are by using different methods.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I was just asking if anyone has used any weight gainers on m1t because I havent heard anyone talk about it. I read the forum every day and just like to see what other peoples gains are by using different methods.
You haven't heard anyone talk about it, because it would be the same as someone discussing if they eat chicken while on M1T. Diet and cycles are 2 totally different aspects of your training regiment. If someone was to add a weight gainer such as Nlarge to their diet while on cycle I'm sure the results would be some decent fat gains to go along with their new muscle.

four20serge

Awards
You haven't heard anyone talk about it, because it would be the same as someone discussing if they eat chicken while on M1T. Diet and cycles are 2 totally different aspects of your training regiment. If someone was to add a weight gainer such as Nlarge to their diet while on cycle I'm sure the results would be some decent fat gains to go along with their new muscle.
True, but im loving the new muscle and am ready for my cutting cycle with clen shoulnt be hard to get rid off.

RLD

Awards
I start my clen/t3/nolva Friday. can't wait. Then go back on m1t 2 weeks after that.

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
I start my clen/t3/nolva Friday. can't wait. Then go back on m1t 2 weeks after that.
Am I reading this right, you're using T3 (aka cytomel) during post-cycle which means without any PH/PS/AAS? If I read this correct, please reply with planned dosage.

~Todd

Edit Note: added the cytomel clarification since some unscrupulous supp companies have started calling the guggul products T3

Last edited:

RLD

Awards
Am I reading this right, you're using T3 (aka cytomel) during post-cycle which means without any PH/PS/AAS? If I read this correct, please reply with planned dosage.

~Todd

Edit Note: added the cytomel clarification since some unscrupulous supp companies have started calling the guggul products T3
Yes that is correct. Along with Clen and Nolva for 2 weeks then I'll be back on another M1T cycle. I'm still calculating the best dosages at this point.

Fender85

Awards
You'll want to keep the T3 low if you're not running it WITH an androgen. Don't want to risk losing that new muscle . . .

Chris

RLD

Awards
Yep.

Then again, I may decide just to run the Clen and save the T3 for when I do another T1-Pro cycle.

four20serge

Awards
Yep.

Then again, I may decide just to run the Clen and save the T3 for when I do another T1-Pro cycle.
So how is it going so far with UG m1t. Right now im thinking of of buying legal gears M1t i hear great reviews on it and stack it with M5 aa. You think 3-4 weeks on clen is a good idea or should i j ust stick with 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.

RLD

Awards
So how is it going so far with UG m1t. Right now im thinking of of buying legal gears M1t i hear great reviews on it and stack it with M5 aa. You think 3-4 weeks on clen is a good idea or should i j ust stick with 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.
Its not going to bad.

3-4 weeks can be find depending how you dose it.

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
There are 8 bazillion threads on weight gainers on here and bb.com. The general consensus is that they are crap (unhealthy and overpriced), and you'll be much healthier and wealthier doing straight protein with a low GI carbs most of the day. PWO there are huge debate between low GI carbs and high GI carbs.

~Todd
Just wanted to follow up on some comments made earlier in this thread. This thread was begging for some low GI post alternatives to weight gainers.

Tired of the damn threads on post workout - read this ....

Low GI Post workout drink, really???

Pre-Workout more important than Post Workout?

~Todd