Ending on a Short Ester???????????

juststarting

Awards
My roommate and I have been trying to figure this out for a while. I was orgianlly told that when ending a cycle it is best to add in a short acting steroid like winny a couple weeks before the cycle ends and continueing it for another couple weeks. The theroy is the starting the winny a couple weeks before ending is that the longer acting ester (lets say test enanthate) will be completly out of your system leaving just the winnny. When ending the winny it will leave you body much quicker than the enanthate which we think might lead to a better pct and retention of gains.

If anyone with experience or knowledge could help us out it would be appreciated.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
My roommate and I have been trying to figure this out for a while. I was orgianlly told that when ending a cycle it is best to add in a short acting steroid like winny a couple weeks before the cycle ends and continueing it for another couple weeks. The theroy is the starting the winny a couple weeks before ending is that the longer acting ester (lets say test enanthate) will be completly out of your system leaving just the winnny. When ending the winny it will leave you body much quicker than the enanthate which we think might lead to a better pct and retention of gains.

If anyone with experience or knowledge could help us out it would be appreciated.
You got it right bro. Most people I know use prop but winny would be fine as well. basically instead of just sitting around waiting for things to leave your system you can make the most of that time and try and keep gaining and solidify your gains.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
I'm a firm believer in the natural taper effect of long chain ester steroids. This is just my opinion though...

Chemo

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Now that I have a few minutes please allow me to expound on my comments above.

What triggers the body to start recovery? Is it levels falling below a set threshold? What determines the threshold? Is it a sudden drop in levels regardless of threshold? Once recovery is triggered by whatever pathway how long does the response last? Is the response incremental? These questions are at the heart of any recovery debate and there are many theories by which to base your argument.

I will make it simplistic for those that are beginning their research and summarize the two most prominant theories for recovery trigger. For those technically proficient remember that this is the novice summary.

The first one and most dominant holds that each individual has a set level of natural testosterone. For sake of discussion, let's say it is 500. Now, once levels go above 500 as in the case of injecting steroids then the body will suppress natural production. Conversely, once levels drop below 500 then the body's reaction is to elevate natural production.

The second is basically an extension of the first theory. The twist is that your body adapts to everything and will also adjust the natural level accordingly...even if only temporarily. So, let's say that the natural level is still 500. After 10+ weeks of cycle then the natural level may be 600. Not too complicated so far but let's throw in the recovery aspect. In this view, the trigger is the sudden change in levels that illicit the recovery. Now, the debate comes from the definition of "sudden". As a reference point, if somebody is injured severely and loses significant blood volume (which is as sudden as it is going to get) then the body does not ramp its red blood cell production for up to 2-3 weeks! This is a strong coorelation for endocrine recovery since the release of 'E-poetin is a hormone and uses the same type of feedback loop as testosterone. So, it leads to the point that even sudden changes will take the body weeks to adjust.

So, the question which YOU must answer is whether a short ester taper is more effective than a long ester taper. Is the sudden drop afforded by the long ester sudden enough to illicit recovery or does the body have to wait until it falls below natural threshold?

Thoughts?

Chemo

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
"So, the question which YOU must answer is whether a short ester taper is more effective than a long ester taper. Is the sudden drop afforded by the long ester sudden enough to illicit recovery or does the body have to wait until it falls below natural threshold?"

Honestly I'm not sure. That's why I would prefer to make the most of my time since I'm already shutdown and maybe gain another few pounds. I would rather just take the guess work out of it but that's just me. If I were to take a guess I would say your body doesn't start recovery until very low or trace amounts of whatever you were taking are present. Bump for more others input.

nostawk

Banned
Awards
so even if the body does no start to recover until levels fall below the natural threshold the falling level of test that is there should help to keep gains, right?

also using the natural taper effect and ending with a short ester seem logical but if you end with a short ester the gains you lose post cycle may be less when you add in the gains you made from the short ester.

juststarting

Awards
Thanks for all the advice so far. Anyone else can chime in. I am trying to find what the going trend is and what everyone's reason is behind it.

Shot, you can correct me if I am wrong but I think shot once told me that it didn't matter what you ended on as longs as you pct is correct. Just wondering what your reason for saying that was.

Thanks in advance

Last edited: