Self Life of PHs and Methylated Hormones and Vacuum sealing

C

csly

Awards
What is the self life for ephedrine? How much longer would it be good if it is vacuum sealed? How about the methylated hormones/Phs. How long would they be good if they are vacuum sealed?

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
I honestly think you have nothing to worry about. The powders themselves, when kept away from moisture and heat, will be good for around 3 years. If the product is capped, you could easily throw another 2 years on.

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
I store mine vacume sealed in a desicator jar. I figure ordering once every 1-2 years is enough for the main componants of my cycles...lol.

L

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
They should all last 2 years, then gradually begin to lose some potency. I keep my raw powders & unopened m1t bottles in the freezer, that is supposed to help. I'm sure vacuum sealing can only help more.

L

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I asked Sldge this and he said they would be good for at least 2 yrs in the freezer. He ships his powders in 1 gm quanities. I don't know if they are vaccum sealed,but it should come in today. I'll let you guys know. BTW I saw vaccum sealers at walmart for around 20 or 30 bucks. A good investment since if you order from Sldge, you don't need to buy a scale. :cool:

L

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Just remembered; Today is MLK day. No mail. Have to wait til tomorow.

M

muscles4life

Awards
I asked Sldge this and he said they would be good for at least 2 yrs in the freezer. He ships his powders in 1 gm quanities. I don't know if they are vaccum sealed,but it should come in today. I'll let you guys know. BTW I saw vaccum sealers at walmart for around 20 or 30 bucks. A good investment since if you order from Sldge, you don't need to buy a scale. :cool:

So I should put my unopened bottles of M1T in the freezer? The cold won't hurt them, but heat will? Am I hearing this right? Or is this just for powders, not caps?

J

Judo Tom

Awards
what about if they are already in solution how long with the methylated prohormones last?

THanks!

M

mark

Awards
<anal mode on>

It's "shelf life"

</anal mode off>

M

L

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Whatever you got, Put it in the freezer. they will last longer. I would at least use a ziplock bag to seal out moisture. If you have a solution, thaw to room temp,then use the hot water bath method or bake it at 225 for 20 min.This is for long term storage.i.e. more than a year. less than that, just keep in a cool dry place.

L

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Just got my order boys. 5gm M1,4ADD powder. Each gram in a seprate little envelope, all tucked into a handy little ziplock bag. Nice. Still might invest in a vaccum sealer though.

S

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I decided to do everything in 1gm amounts for everyone. This way you wont ever need a scale to home brew. Also if you want to vacuum seal it, just pop the little envolope in the sealer bag and you wont have powder ever where either.

L

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I decided to do everything in 1gm amounts for everyone. This way you wont ever need a scale to home brew. Also if you want to vacuum seal it, just pop the little envolope in the sealer bag and you wont have powder ever where either.
Sldge, Do you think vaccum sealing will make that much of a diference if it is stored in the freezer anyway?

K

kimo_brah

Awards
Chem challenge

I'd love to know the answer to this one too! I've seen a lot of speculation on this topic on several boards, but no real evidence. Someone must have done a study on this with a compound that is somewhat comparable.

Most people speculate that if you keep it away from heat, moisture and light, they they will keep for 2 to 3 years.

I'd like to know how to keep it potent for more like 10 or 20 years in case there is a ban.

So far I've come up with:
- put in the freezer (this will slow down the degradation)
- vaccum seal with an oxygen eating pellet
- put in a light proof container
- disolved in 100 proof+ alcohol will preserve even longer

So all you chem guys - what do studies say a compound similar to M1T and Nolva will keep for if stored this way?

S

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
i would assume vacuum sealing would help, but I have never done it nor needed to till now. So your guess is as good as mine. I dont know if disolving it in alch would help. I owould think leaving it in powder form, vacuum seal leaving it in a closet where there is min light would be best.

A

AnabolicMaster

Banned
Awards
I wouldn't put the powder in the freezer due to moisture concerns, unless you 1)vacuum seal it (effectively doing away with the problem as there is no air remaining in the package) or 2) put something in with the powder so as to soak up any moisture that might accumulate.

If you do the above, vaccum seal, keep in freezer (cold, dark place) you can expect the product to last a very long time - many years. To quantify the duration would be difficult though.

L

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Looks like I'm headed to Walmart to get a vaccum sealer. I'll just use the money I had saved up for a scale. :D :D :D