S1+ side effect ?

Dumbdude

Banned
Awards
Humm... im taking 5 squirts 2x daily. ( 6th day ) It seems that my arms keep falling asleep when i goto bed. I have to wake up and change positions freaquently. I am wondering what the hell this could be from ? I was thinking a blood pressure problem ?

NO MERCY

Awards
  • Established
I have never heard of that side. Hopefully someone has some info for you

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Its not a side effect of the actual supplement, its a side effect of getting bigger. Your muscles are larger now and positions that use to not do this, now do due to the larger muscles pressing and squeezing blood vessels. My lifting partner started getting this last year after he finally got serious about lifting.

mark

Awards
Its not a side effect of the actual supplement, its a side effect of getting bigger. Your muscles are larger now and positions that use to not do this, now do due to the larger muscles pressing and squeezing blood vessels. My lifting partner started getting this last year after he finally got serious about lifting.

That would be nerves, not blood vessels.

M

Dumbdude

Banned
Awards
ahh good news, :) thanks all. I felt dumb asking this question lol.

DrDunc33

Awards
Actually, it is when the blood supply gets cut off. The lack of oxygen makes the arm go numb. If you lay funny on your arm during sleep, the pressure on the axillary arteries doesn't allow new oxygenated blood to enter the arm and hand, thus they start to go numb.

Onslaught

Awards
  • Established
No, it's nerves. If your arm was not getting oxygen, you would in effect be creating a tourniquet, at which point you'd be forced to ampute in the morning. Cutting off blood supply to a limb, and then reallowing it causes toxic shock. This clearly isn't what's happening.

mark

Awards
Actually, it is when the blood supply gets cut off. The lack of oxygen makes the arm go numb. If you lay funny on your arm during sleep, the pressure on the axillary arteries doesn't allow new oxygenated blood to enter the arm and hand, thus they start to go numb.
A dubious first post.

M

Dumbdude

Banned
Awards
I lost a leg once like this, so it must be a blood flow problem.

:) J/k

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
No, it is the small blood vessels called capillaries that are getting thier blood flow reduce. The blood suppy is not entirely cut off just a reduction of the supply of blood to the area. The nerves are the first to feel it because they need the most oxygen of all the different types of cells.

mark

Awards
No, it is the small blood vessels called capillaries that are getting thier blood flow reduce. The blood suppy is not entirely cut off just a reduction of the supply of blood to the area. The nerves are the first to feel it because they need the most oxygen of all the different types of cells.
Looks like a draw... ;)

"Mild nerve compression causes the familar experience of an arm or leg "falling asleep". Your arm falls asleep not because of the pressure on the nerve, but because the pressure deprives the nerve of its blood supply, a condition called ischemia. Ischemia causes changes in the excitability of nerve fibers. Initially, the nerve becomes superexcitable, and so as your arm or leg "falls asleep" you might notice a slight tingling or pickling sensation as the nerve spontaneously fires. As the ischemia continues, the nerve steadily becomes less excitable, until finally it is unable to fire at all. Once normal blood flow is restored, the nerve enters a prolonged period of superexcitability, which causes a more pronounced and disagreeable tingling, and sometimes even a cramping sensation."

ltnbob444

Awards
Amazing information. I have this exact problem with my right arm. Since December I have had difficulty with "tingling" in my lower right arm. I originally thought I was sleeping wrong on it. I got progressively worse till this week I went to a Chiro. and he took x-rays of my column. He said it was a pinching of the nerve since the sensation comes on so fast. My spinal column leans to my right side in my lower neck and with my increased muscularity at my shoulder, when I lift my arm up it pinches the nerve which already has less space to move because of my spinal slant. My left arm has no problem. I am now doing adjustments with icing to slowly adjust the vertebrae. I got so bad last week I had difficulty doing any tricep activity.
I owe this all to heavy lifting, eating right, great workouts, and poor posture while sleeping. So many things in our bodies are interconnected.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Wow, more than anybody could have ever asked for on the subject of numb appendages!!

I'm having the same problem...getting bigger making it harder to sleep as well as I used to.

Chiropracty does seem to help a little but the best solution so far has been deep tissue massages/rolfing. As your muscles grow it helps to ensure that they are layering on in an even manner. Deep tissue realignment does work quite well for overall health and "comfort" although it's about the most painful experience I've ever had.

Dumbdude

Banned
Awards
Yea this is most definalty due to the fact my shoulders are getting stronger and less flexable. I was hoping that might be the problem.. thanks all.

Ahh the chiropractor.. i had a few adjustments awhile ago. Same problem as just about everyone who goes to one, lower back pain due to my pelvis not being perfictly straight, which causes one leg to be very slightly shorter then the other, and fucks everything up. Nothing worked except losing fat and starting deadlifts /w proper form, and lower back extensions.

Damn my siadic nerve

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 0
Cycle Logs 0
FlawedGrunt Anabolics 4
FlawedGrunt Anabolics 1
pistonpump Anabolics 104