pls help...

Strygwyr

Strygwyr

Awards
im new to this forum so i dont really know if this is the right place but gona ask anyways. ive been working out for years and ive been looking at this new prohormones thats been out and same as all supplement it recomends that u check with your physician but when i went to my physician he sounded like he really doesnt know much about bodybuilding supplements and he was kinda close minded about it :worried: can any1 tell me what kind of doctor i should be seeing, specialty doctor maybe? wut kind? or should i just change my physician to some1 whos more willing to answer my questions and maybe monitor my health while taking any of this stuff?

btw if anyones wondering if im even qualified to use this things give u basic stats im 27yo 5"7 193lbs fat percentage not really sure but just go by wut i see on the mirror

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
99.99999% of doctors will have no idea what a pro-steriod/PH/designer steroid is.

even though they are legal (for now) they will alter ur hormones to a great extent....so please do u research before using any.

but the main point, doctors probably dont know anything about them so i wouldnt even bother

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
If ur doctor is good i wouldnt change him. Not a lot of docotors are open minded to even creatine nevermind prohormones. I dont think any MD will actually support you taking them because of legality factors and if he recomends anything that you could potentially get side effects from (which depending on the PH is a range of how severe to less severe likelyhood of sides at all), he can be arrested and lose his license to practice medicine. If you are really concerned with what can happen to you, you best bet is to see an Endocrinologist, they specialize in all the glands and hormones that PH's will effect. Again no one with an MD will tell you this is a good idea but it will allow them to explain the potential effects and ways to counter it. And really depending on the PH your PCT will be either primarily over the counter in the case of weaker Ph's such as H-drol to using full blown perscription meds (SERM's) for something harder like M-drol. Either way you go you will never really use your docotor for any of these because most SERM's are only precsribed to women, and again if he/she where to prescribe you that there is a potential in review of perscriptions they will see that you where given a hormone not for your gender and they will be fired and lose their license as well.

OK now that all the negative stuff has been said, what I would do in your case, because mine is very similar. Goto your doctor test your kidney and liver functions, get your blood tested (go for everything) primerily looking at your Test, Estro, and Prolactin levels to serve as a baseline and also to see if there are any problems before starting a cycle.

There are PLENTY of well informed smart and experienced people on this forum who probably have better advice to offer, Just use the search tab and I can garunttee anything you have a question about has already been answered somewhere on this site.

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
Alot of doctors arnt going to be to open when youre asking them about PH's since their looked at alot like roids! above that alot of doctors dont know much about what youre taking anyways. To get a better responce dont take the name of the Ph into the doctor. Expmle. "hey doc im taking Gaspari's Halodrol" you need to get the compound from the bottle, not the name. another exmple. "4-Chloro-17a-Methyl-Andro-4-Ene-3,17b-Diol" this is going to let them break down what youre actually taking. More or less the Consult a physian is just to cover the companys A$$. the biggest thing to be aware of while on a PH is blood presssure, lipid profile, and a diet that watches your cholesterol (even tho you should be on a healthy weight lifting diet regardless if youre taking PH's or gear) if youre a healthy individual, and go by what the box says and follow the "dont take this product if you are" spleal than you should be safe. drink lots of water, watch your BP ect. and all will be good. you probably wont get too much info outta your doc.

Strygwyr

Strygwyr

Awards
thx for reply i will do just that look around for questions that i have that possibly could have been answered already

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
thx for reply i will do just that look around for questions that i have that possibly could have been answered already
Hey if u have anything specifically your looking for just post too id be happy to steer u in the correct direction if you would like.