New guy with a question

1. Registered User
    Answers

Question New guy with a question

Well i just want to say thanks to those who take the time to read all of these and help each other out with the questions that come threw here.

So here is mine, I am 6' /203pds/ 27 and have been working out off and on now for at least 7 years. I can't say that i have dedicated my time to it but i seem to find time to go, lately more then ever. Curently i am taking V12 once a day and some Volu-Mass whey protein( same company---SAN) I started to do a little research on prohormones and decided that maybe it would not be such a bad thing to do. The side effects seem to be small and it looks like i can recieve the type of gains i would like to on them. I was thinking of taking 1-AD by it self and then read on to find out i sould maybe take it with 4-AD. So what is this stuff really and what does it do. All i can find is that it enhances the androgenic effect and repairs the loss of Libido, so is that what it is suppose to do?

Also i read that you should take something that will help you come off any of this stuff(called Anti-E or Test Booster). So if that is the case what should one take? Some say 6-OXO others say VPX Aromadex, ZMA... is it all preferance?

And then i heard about Methyl-1-Test? Alot of people have posted things saying that it has done wonders for them. Put on 5 to 12 pounds and even loss a little fat. Has any one played with this stuff? Does the weight and size stay on or will one loose it in a few weeks. I can't really find much about any side effects? Maybe thats a good thing.......I found out you should take this with 4-AD as well, so when you take both of these do you take them at the same time or at different times? (same with 1-AD/4-AD?)

Just trying to make the right choice here the first time. I think we all where here at one point...........Thanks

2. Gate Keeper
    Answers

Bro it's great you want to learn but before people start tearing you apart use the search button. Do your own research. Every question you've asked can be answered by going into the prohormone section of this forum and reading. Enjoy
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Dude, I take pity on you...I've been reading these forums for almost 2 months now and this is only my second post...Like every topic on these boards are about M1T and cycling and PCT and doses and sides, I could go on and on...it's not like you're asking a unique question that no one has experienced...

Good luck!
    •   

4. Gold Member
    Answers

Bro,
    4-AD is a prohormone that converts to testosterone in the body.
    It is a good base for any PH cycle.
    1-AD converts to 1-testosterone. It is a decent product, but there are better options.
    In my opinion Methyl 1-Test is not for beginners. It is a potent compound, and can have many side effects.
    Look in these forums for threads on transdermal 1-test/4-AD products.
    Also read the FAQ in the Stickies by pogue and theprolangtum.
    Yes you will need something for Post Cycle Therapy, depending on length of your cycle, dosing, etc.
    Keep researching and do continue to ask questions if in doubt about what you are doing.
    Last edited by Old Guy; 01-14-2004 at 11:52 AM.
  5. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Well let me share my experience with you..I am 45 years old been lifting on and off for 25 years.I have competed in shows in the 90s and did well.I broke a femur about 8 years ago and did not touch a weight for about 6 years.There is a picture of me in the pic section in November under 6 year layoff.In october I weighed about 310 lbs at 5'11" with a 44 waist I was disgusted with myself..I did not want to join a gym because I work so many hours i would never find the time or energy so I bought all the olympic equipment and put it in my house..I have been religous about my diet and training I have dropped to a 38 waist body weight is 280 and my abs are starting to show.The week of thanksgiving I started the M-1 test 20mg a day I stayed on for 4 weeks my weight went up even though i was dieting I was getting bigger and weighing more plus my waist was shinking,im thinking this is so great. Week 2 I got the Flu so bad but from what I read alot of others got the same thing while on M-1 T
    but I fought through it.The combination of the M-1 T and the low carb dieting needless to say I felt like **** then you combine that with the flu,but I didn't care I looked good (bodybuilder mentality) during this time im taking ECA stack Ephedra,caffein,aspirin...The lethargy was so bad I would fall asleep at my desk snoring because of the flu.I thought the ephedrine would offset the lethargy from the
    M-1 T but it did not..Week 3 getting stronger and yes bigger now we are talking I am huge body weight 290 went up 10 lbs with smaller waist and now veins are starting to pop...Wow so far so good week 4 the **** hit the fan the progressive training started to takes it's toll,joint pain was unreal my tendons started to swell I could not even bend my arms my elbows were so inflamed.I noticed small muscle tears near the joint's tricep,bicep black and blue under the skin right where the muscle ties in.I have been around the block long enough to know what bleeding under the skin means..I made the foolish mistake around X-mas time of drinking alcohol stupid me I broke out in hives so bad and my body temperature went through the roof...I decided to get off everything and give my body a break this is week 2 of post cycle I took nolva and clomid for 2 weeks and the boys are producing again and I feel so good off all the crap.I dropped 6 pounds since post cycle but alot of that was down time because I could not lift because of inflamed joints..I dropped the amout of weight I was lifting feeling the muscle avoiding injury and making good gains.I still have plenty of M-1 T and I will take it again in the spring under more controlled circumstances but I can assure you this stuff works just like real gear but be careful it will not help you with tendon strength....Good luck
  6. Gold Member
    Answers

MaDmaN mentioned something very important that is often overlooked.
    Muscle and strength gains induced from PH/Steroids sometimes come so fast that the connective tissues cannot keep up. This of course leads to joint pain or worse, an injury that will keep you from being able to train at all.
    This is especially true for those of us in the over 40 crowd, but it will eventually catch up with anyone.
  7. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy
    MaDmaN mentioned something very important that is often overlooked.
    Muscle and strength gains induced from PH/Steroids sometimes come so fast that the connective tissues cannot keep up. This of course leads to joint pain or worse, an injury that will keep you from being able to train at all.
    This is especially true for those of us in the over 40 crowd, but it will eventually catch up with anyone.

True dat old guy...My mind is like training when I was 20 with more dicipline
    but my body reminds me im 45 in the morning.....Sux to get old
  8. Registered User
    Answers

The best thing I can advise someone about this subject, is just because the stuff makes you feel like you can lift a house, don't add 20 lbs to dumbbell side laterals in one shot. If your normal increase when meeting rep targets is say 2%, by all means bump it up a couple of % to take advantage of the anabolism, but don't go nuts.....
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Older Guy with Supp Questions
    By TinoZee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 12:21 PM
  2. new guy with some questions
    By rocketman123 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 06:19 PM
  3. old guy with dumb question...
    By ImJ2x in forum Supplements