How Important in SAM-e for a PH Cycle?

OME

OME

Awards
I'm planning on running a cycle of Havoc during the summer and was just curious how important you guys think running SAM-e throughout the cycle is? I'm planning on running Cycle Support the whole time but I know it does not contain SAM-e. Reason I'm asking is because the price of my cycle is starting to become an issue.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
i have ran countless cycles and i dont even know what the f#ck sam-e is....

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
S-Adenosyl Methionine (or more simply referred to as SAM-e or SAMe, pronounced "sammy") is an amino acid. SAMe was discovered in 1952 in Italy, where it is manufactured. Until recently, it was exceedingly expensive to produce, and therefore unavailable to the public, although it is fairly well studied. It is manufactured in the brain from another amino acid, methionine. SAM-e is the most active methyl-donor in your body, meaning it donates methyl groups to other chemical compounds in your body including neurotransmitters, changing them into other compounds. SAM-e is then "recycled" through an ongoing re-methylation process - more on this below.

im not sure what this is....a methyl donor...i guess im showimg my ignorance here but i dont see how this could add greatly to the cycle....

madgoat33

Awards
Its supposed to be good for the liver and your mood.

dtony

Awards
I love sam-e, I would definitely run it on cycle. It's pricey but its worth it.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
I love sam-e, I would definitely run it on cycle. It's pricey but its worth it.

you love it huh? what will it add to the cycle....im not understanding what it does.....

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
it helps my joints and mood so i guess that would be good on cycle.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
hmmm...joints, mood, liver....any one else???? sound too good to be true to me

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
joints=deca
liver=liv-52, milkthissle
mood=alittle berry white........LOL
lol...i just think its weird....if this truly does all this why have i never heard of it...and this thread has had a lot of views and not many people chime in....that also makes me wonder....

JOHN BROVO

JOHN BROVO

Awards
lol...i just think its weird....if this truly does all this why have i never heard of it...and this thread has had a lot of views and not many people chime in....that also makes me wonder....
IDK, Im still a newb I have to keep a extra tab open so i can go and search all this crazy sh*t I havent heard of just to be able to keep up but cant find much on this one.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
IDK, Im still a newb I have to keep a extra tab open so i can go and search all this crazy sh*t I havent heard of just to be able to keep up but cant find much on this one.
ive been searching for years....its not often i come across something i just have never heard of....

JOHN BROVO

JOHN BROVO

Awards
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=17464973&ordinalpos=13&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

found this on pubmed....so it looks like while sam-e can be good...if you take too much it can hurt you too...i wonder how much is too much....also...i saw some info that suggests it needs to be kept cold....so most of the sam-e your buying is probably bad...
Still isnt that great of info thou huh? kinda vague, to risky for me.

rabbievil

rabbievil

Awards
if you go to some other boards,a respected doc recomends it highly for pct for mood and detoxifying the liver.he thinks it is much better than milkthistle.
and if you look at some store brand joint formulas,they have it.doc recomends 400mg a day.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
if you go to some other boards,a respected doc recomends it highly for pct for mood and detoxifying the liver.he thinks it is much better than milkthistle.
and if you look at some store brand joint formulas,they have it.doc recomends 400mg a day.
unless he can show me studies then i dont care who he is hes pushing a product....and i gotta tell ya theres not a whole lot out there on this stuff...

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
nice find bravo....stuffs starting to look preety decent....not ready to call it a staple supplement for my cycles but looking better....

JOHN BROVO

JOHN BROVO

Awards
nice find bravo....stuffs starting to look preety decent....not ready to call it a staple supplement for my cycles but looking better....
Yea and this one is even better! not sounding so bad.

S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe, Denosyl, Zentonil)

(for veterinary information only)

Brand Name: Denosyl, Zentonil, Novifit

Available in 90 mg tablets, 225 mg tablets, and an assortment of sizes and doses for human consumption

Background

SAMe is a natural biochemical produced in the body from the amino acid methionine. It is involved in several biochemical processes.

Transmethylation
We will attempt to avoid complicate biochemical descriptions by keeping to simple terms. Our cells possess an outer skin called a cell membrane. Cell membranes perform an assortment of functions as they are the interface between the cell and the cell’s environment. Cell membranes are made of special fats called phospholipids.

SAMe biochemically donates its methyl group to these phospholipids, thereby enhancing the abilities and functions of the phospholipids. One specific phospholipid is called phosphatidylcholine, and it makes up the cell membranes of liver cells. Phosphatidylcholine is made using a process involving SAMe such that the more SAMe is available, the more phosphatidylcholine is produced, and the more fluid the liver cell membranes become, leading to better bile flow.

Transsulfuration
After SAMe has donated its methyl group as above, it is gradually converted into a compound called glutathione, which is an antioxidant. Antioxidants serve to protect cells from harmful biochemicals that might cause cancer development or cell death. Since liver cells are directly involved in detoxification of the body, they are especially at risk for accumulating harmful biochemicals. Antioxidants help protect cells, especially in the liver; further, it has been shown that most canine and feline liver patients are deficient in glutathione.

Aminoproplyation
SAMe can be converted to a compound called methylthioadenosine via a process called aminopropylation the details of which we will not review. Methylthioadenosine has direct anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties plus it is supportive of cartilage matrix production.
Use of this Medication

In veterinary medicine this product is chiefly used in liver disease; however, in humans it is frequently recommended for joint pain and mood elevation.

Side Effects

Occasionally, an animal experiences vomiting after SAMe administration, though other than this there are no known side effects of SAMe.

Interactions with other Drugs

There are no known drug interactions for SAMe.

Concerns and Cautions

SAMe is best absorbed on an empty stomach.

SAMe comes in a blister pack (single pill packets with a foil wrapper). SAMe is sensitive to air and moisture and broken tablets should be discarded.

SAMe is considered by the FDA to be a nutritional supplement rather than a drug, which means it does not have to undergo the same rigid testing for efficacy as a licensed drug. There is a definite problem with lack of quality control in regard to nutritional supplements for human consumption thus products for human consumption do not undergo standardized production and may not be of the same quality as the Nutramax® product (Denosyl).

It is our policy not to give dosing information over the Internet.

Date Published: 11/18/2002 2:59:00 PM
Date Reviewed/Revised: 01/26/2009

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&C=31&A=1319&S=0

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
I am surprised you never heard of it Mooch..
Here is some info on LEF's site regarding same(4 parts to it)
http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag97/march97-report.html
i dunno....i guess its kinda like that person you walked by every day in high school and never noticed....then meet em in a bar 10 years later and find out their locker was right next to yours....that happened....well it was 8 years...im not that old yet...

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i dunno....i guess its kinda like that person you walked by every day in high school and never noticed....then meet em in a bar 10 years later and find out their locker was right next to yours....that happened....well it was 8 years...im not that old yet...
lol.. Seeing all the positives, it may be more like a hot chick you coulda banged, had you knew she existed..

I bet the FDA will at some point, **** us, and take away SAM-e

SeanyK

Awards
  • Established
of course they will. thats what they love and pride themselves on...

anyway, i was gona put sam-e in my current cycle but you know what the stuff is pricey. definitely worth it. good effects on the liver, good for mood as well as sleep. i've found it in a few of those herbal sleep concotions combined with gaba/melatonin/1carboxy