Awards
  • Established
If you have natural gyno will using nolva help? thanks

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Probably not. Some say that surgery is the only option. But I have heard of some people using extreme things such as injecting diffrent substances around the nipple area. Also if your gynos is not hard and its just puffy nipples it can be reversed.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depends on if yuou have actual tumor growth. Nolva can help. Reducing estrogen sometimes helps too using an AI (letro or Adex). If its developed enough though, surgery might be your only option. THere are also speculation of different DHT topicals that could help. I think size has used one with success (i tihnk, could be mistaken). Nolva did help me reduce the size of the lump to where you coldn't even notice it at all but it tends to flare up with anything than aromatizes heavily. Its bascially only a pea sized lump that you can't even notic unless you feel for it but goes away with Nolva.

Skark

Awards
  • Established
I think the original poster is confusing androgen-based gyno (which consists of hard lumps, like the others are saying concentrated in the nipple area) with, for lack of a better term "man boobs", which is soft tissue. This is what I have, because of a high natural estrogen level. Other indications is my voice is a higher pitch than most guys (but not rediculous like Michael Jackson or Mike Tyson), and I don't have a lot of facial hair.

I have read high amounts of Nolva (on the order of 80mgs/day) will help, and topical Yohimbe products will help. I haven't tried these options since I am still losing weight. I will though, in about 6 months.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't think there is an 'androgen-based gyno' vs high estrogen based gyno(man boobs). You're just lucky it didn't progress to hard fatty lumps.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There isn't. Gyno is gyno but there are different stages. Its caused by the saem thing (which presently is unknown exactly why) Its all specualtion but estrogen seems to be the main culprit in the majority of cases.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
i have natural gyno.. my lumps are pretty hard... they are larger than quarters too but luckily somewhat flat so it doesnt look rediculous.. i cant wait to get them removed down the road i hate it.. i have a deep voice tho and plenty of facial hair so who knows what it was from.

hornedfrogsAT

Awards
I don't think there is an 'androgen-based gyno' vs high estrogen based gyno(man boobs). You're just lucky it didn't progress to hard fatty lumps.
Actually bro, there are 2 types. Type 1, or the hard lump behind the nipple, is most commonly caused by AAS and related substances. Type 2, or man boobs (the fatty tissue kind), which is what rebel and myself have, is genetic and caused by higher than normal estrogen levels or higher natural aromitization. I've researched this a lot and found only 2 studies that seem to prove that tamoxifen citrate (nolva) can help either type. However, I found 0 studies disproving this. Give it a shot bro, and let me know how it works for ya.

size

Awards
  • Established
For me, andractim gel + nolvadex = no more gyno

I had a small pea sized lump that went away after i believe 18 days

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I tried this method from BB.com for a week about a month ago, using anhydrous caffeine & formestane powder. It didn't do anything for me. Maybe thats becaused I was not in a cutting phase, 1 week may not be enough to see results, or I may not have gyno.

I have pointy nips, but they are small in diameter, no lumps. I definitely have fat on my chest in the nipple area & I'm only 10% BF. I'm not sure if I just hoild fat there or have slight gyno. I figured this method would at least help reduce the chest fat if nothing else. I stopped after a week because it was just such a pain in the ass to apply. I plan to try it again when I cut in March/April.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually bro, there are 2 types. Type 1, or the hard lump behind the nipple, is most commonly caused by AAS and related substances. Type 2, or man boobs (the fatty tissue kind), which is what rebel and myself have, is genetic and caused by higher than normal estrogen levels or higher natural aromitization.

Nobody knows that as fact, even the medical community. Estrogen seems to play a crucial role but there is no evidence its the sole cause. Many people think its the imbalance of hormones that can trigger it with estrogen antagonizing it.

The hard lump that forms behind the nipple is the first stage to advnaced growth (man boobs) if its not taken care of. THe causes (puberty or AAS) can be different but the results will be the same in the long run. THe only difference is time of growth (months and years for puberty compared too weeks for AAS usage). The theroy why you get a small hard lump is related to the speed it develops due to such a high amount of hormone present. So the bottom line is that it all the same thing but develops differently in terms of time.

But the bottome line is, Nolvadex will work along with other meds. Fatty tissue is just that, fatty tissue. There is still tumor growth behind it all and usually once that susides the removal of fatty tissue through diet (long time) or surgery can be done.

hornedfrogsAT

Awards
Nobody knows that as fact, even the medical community. Estrogen seems to play a crucial role but there is no evidence its the sole cause. Many people think its the imbalance of hormones that can trigger it with estrogen antagonizing it.

The hard lump that forms behind the nipple is the first stage to advnaced growth (man boobs) if its not taken care of. THe causes (puberty or AAS) can be different but the results will be the same in the long run. THe only difference is time of growth (months and years for puberty compared too weeks for AAS usage). The theroy why you get a small hard lump is related to the speed it develops due to such a high amount of hormone present. So the bottom line is that it all the same thing but develops differently in terms of time.

But the bottome line is, Nolvadex will work along with other meds. Fatty tissue is just that, fatty tissue. There is still tumor growth behind it all and usually once that susides the removal of fatty tissue through diet (long time) or surgery can be done.
Bobo, in some cases (i.e. ME) there is no hard lump involved. I simply used to be a fatass back when I was a freshman in high school, and after I lost weight (and ~20%bf) the nipples are about the diameter of a half dollar, and I still have man boobs.....all fat no lump, and there has never been a lump involved just the hormone imbalance caused by being a fatass in puberty.

size

Awards
  • Established
hornedfrogsAT............
In your case it may be an estrogen related fat deposit that is difficult for you to lose. I think reducing your overall bf even more will result in a reduction in size. You may also look into getting some blood work done. It may be possible that your estrogen levels are still high thus causing the reduction to be very difficult even with weight loss.

Gynecomastia is a benign enlargement of the male breast resulting from proliferation of the glandular component of the breast.
Pathophysiology: Gynecomastia results from altered estrogen-androgen balance, in favor of estrogen, or increased breast sensitivity to normal circulating estrogen level.

In one study, a figure of 38% was reported in boys aged 10-16 years using a definition of breast tissue greater than 0.5 cm in diameter. In another series, gynecomastia was noted in about 10% of males aged 12-17 years. In yet another report, gynecomastia was noted in 36% of young military recruits and in approximately 57% of men older than 50 years. Autopsy studies indicate incidence ranging from 4-40%

Last edited:
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bobo, in some cases (i.e. ME) there is no hard lump involved. I simply used to be a fatass back when I was a freshman in high school, and after I lost weight (and ~20%bf) the nipples are about the diameter of a half dollar, and I still have man boobs.....all fat no lump, and there has never been a lump involved just the hormone imbalance caused by being a fatass in puberty.

But the growth is the same. The lump can easily be softer and behind the nipple and not resembling a "hard" lump that most AAS users describe. (probably because of the rapid onset) but there is defiently glandular growth occuring or in your case, occurred. It can easily disappear (as far as feeling it) but its still there (and I never go above 10% bf). I can use Nolva to the point where its undetectable but once I use any aromatizing hormone it flares up again in the exact same place everytime. If I let it go and estrogen levels are kept high, it will get larger and growth will resemble "man boobs" over time. Now if I use Nolva to reduce glandular growth the fatty tissue will remain because in a sense its just adipose tissue. The distributin of that fat will mainly occur in those areas BECAUSE of the highly localized levels of estrogen and its also the most stubborn fat to get rid of (because of high number of alpha 2 receptors)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should be ok as long as you use Nolva. It took several weeks for it to disappear when I first detected it. Now when it flares up (it does only using aromatizing hormones) you can see a difference within days after I start using Nolva. It could easily get worse if not taken care of. Just keep using Nolva and you should be ok.

You lump now could easily be due to estrogen rebound after a cycle.

Jsut realize that Nolva is your new best friend...

neurotic

Awards
Is there any chance to reduce gyno's size many years after it has been developed using Nolvadex or DHT gels?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Run it at 40mg until it susbides then run it for 20mg for a week then stop. The silver lining is that it hasn't really developed into a large growth and if you stop it now it never will.

I actually megadosed 80mg/ay for a week then dropped to 40mg. Looking back I really didn't need that much but it tends to freak you out a little when you first get it, especially since I was using precautions not to get it (Letro and proviron).

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there any chance to reduce gyno's size many years after it has been developed using Nolvadex or DHT gels?
Yes for some. It really dpeneds on the person but many people have used topical DHT gels and/or NOlva to reduce the size. Whether its compeltey gone is unknown. I suspect not because I can reduce it to where its undetectable but it does flare up when using aromatizing hormones.

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bobo what AAS were you taking at the time when you got it?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Test/Dbol.

neurotic

Awards
Yes for some. It really dpeneds on the person but many people have used topical DHT gels and/or NOlva to reduce the size. Whether its compeltey gone is unknown. I suspect not because I can reduce it to where its undetectable but it does flare up when using aromatizing hormones.
So, once the hard lump has disappeared and has been converted into those mammary soft lumps which are similar to a woman's breast... what we usually call "permanent gyno", there's still a chance of reducing it, isn't it? hmm, that's very very interesting.

Thank you Bobo.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There have been many people that has used certain topicals to reduce the fatty tissue buildup (Lipoderm, Skulpt, DHT creams) but I'm not sure if the actualy growth has completely disappeared. I don't have any fatty tissue whatsoever. THe lump just appears then disappeares with treatment. Its seems to be highly subjective on the individual. There really is no clear cut answer to it. This is just from my experience. I think JGUNS over at CEM successfully reduced his lumps with Nolva also.

DobermanXXL

Awards
If you have natural gyno will using nolva help? thanks
I had natural gyno, just puffy nipples actually. I tried using nolva, but it did nothing. If the gyno has been there for over a year, it's probably not going anywhere. I ended up having the lumps removed. it's a super fast and easy surgery, and the scars and virtually invisible. only problem is it costs almost 3 grand. insurance won't cover it, but i've heard if you can convince them that it's painful for you, they will cover some. Otherwise, it's considered cosmetic

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quick update:

I'm on day 17 @ 40mg/day of Nolva. Hard to say if the lump has gone down or not. It kinda messes with your mind after a while.

Bobo, did your lump go down gradually or did you notice a big change after 3 weeks or so?

How long should I keep running the Nolva @ 40mg/day? If the lump is still there after 4 weeks is it safe to continue or should I start cutting it back?
It gradually went down. It basically felt like a hard pea sized lump then the size of a BB then dissappeared and then stays that way when I'm not on. If you don't see results in 4 weeks then you should definetly seek a Dr.'s opinion. If you respond to the drgu you should see some sort of change.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
"F" it...I'm going break down and save up $3,000.00, let myself get gyno, have the surgery, and never worry about it again! :p