spot reduction - by michael gundhill

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. It just sounds like gross overtraining to me. Abs are muscles just the same. You want to see your abs, diet and cardio is the way.

2. Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    It just sounds like gross overtraining to me. Abs are muscles just the same. You want to see your abs, diet and cardio is the way.
    Not exactly b/c you are training in a completely different method.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by size
    Not exactly b/c you are training in a completely different method.
    how so by not using weight? This method has you doing an insane amount of reps using a specific muscle (abdominals). Don't you think they need rest like any other muscle.

4. the fibre type of the muscle matters as well , again , we arent really trying to build it are we ?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Greyvolk
    raybravo. It sounds like you believe that an increase in abdominal
    work would actually have an effect on the FAT in the area worked.
    It has something to do with an increased number alpha 2 adrenoreceptors that bind catecholamines in the midsection of males or thighs in women that do not allow fat
    metabolism.
    That is why your fat gut has a clammy cold feeling while the rest of
    you is burning up, even in the summer.
    its what michael gundill believes , which intruiged me , so i posted it for everyone's opinion bro .
    eithr way , i think gundill believes that there might be some alteration of chemistry site specifically due to working the abs in this particular way .

6. Quote Originally Posted by raybravo
    the fibre type of the muscle matters as well , again , we arent really trying to build it are we ?
    I understand that, but my thinking is the reason for this is to get the six pack right? Well the bigger and more developed your abdominals are the more your gonna see that six pack. I know your abs don't grow like many of the other muscles in your body but they still grow. Anyway that's where I'm coming from.

I think it couldn't hurt to try if you wanted to and it's always nice to read new idea's and theories. Good post Ray.

Similar Forum Threads

1. spot reduction/weigth loss
    By jbray in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 04:14 AM
  2. REduction by controlled labs
    By stfdkd37 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 12:19 PM
  3. REduction by controlled labs
    By stfdkd37 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3