What is the science behind the "kick in" concept?

Problem

Problem

Awards
  • Established
We all heard about steroids kick in 2 , 4 , 6 weeks.. or so...

Concenration of steroid in blood plasma? Or what is it?

:ugh1:

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
when ppl refer to a compound "kicking in" they usually mean that i took THEM personally THAT long to FEEL the compound actually working

Problem

Problem

Awards
  • Established
when ppl refer to a compound "kicking in" they usually mean that i took THEM personally THAT long to FEEL the compound actually working
Nos, i know that..

Science behind the kicking in is ?

In other words, what make each compound varys in length of kick in ...

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
yeah i figured ud know, lol.

im sure sethroberts will chime in here. i could have sworn i read one of his posts on this subject

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its a combination of things, but it has to do with reaching peak active plasma levels. Really for a lot of compounds the "kick in" time is sort of bogus, like halodrol not kicking in till week 4 or 3. Theres no reason behind it, so I think its mostly a placebo effect :)

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
its a combination of things, but it has to do with reaching peak active plasma levels. Really for a lot of compounds the "kick in" time is sort of bogus, like halodrol not kicking in till week 4 or 3. Theres no reason behind it, so I think its mostly a placebo effect :)
It is when the gains become measurable, or out of the ordinary. When this happens, people go "ah **** my hdrol kicked in, yaaaay" lol

Problem

Problem

Awards
  • Established
Haha..

Is that what you guys came up with? Placebo? :p

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
It is when the gains become measurable, or out of the ordinary. When this happens, people go "ah **** my hdrol kicked in, yaaaay" lol
i agree with this. if someone gains 1/16th of an inch on their arms they wont notice it, but if they gain that in a few increments it becomes noticeable and they think it kicks in. same thing with strength, if their bench goes up from 225-230 they think its the natural increase, but when it gets from 225-275, it kicked in.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
It is a function of reaching a therapeutic plasma concentration of drug that elicits a measurable effect and should be at least partially dependent on the half-life of the drugs being used -- that is, you should feel dbol before you would feel testosteorne enanthate. There are some other things that go into this -- I actually pin a lot of the "feel" that people get on water retention (not necessarily edema).

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
i agree completely. when you think about it, just because theres a steroid in your blood doesnt make you stronger/bigger, its the protein synthesis that the steroid incurs. so it "kicks in" when protein synthesis has built enough muscle for you to actually feel that additional strength, which takes a little time depending on which hormone your using.

Problem

Problem

Awards
  • Established
It is a function of reaching a therapeutic plasma concentration of drug that elicits a measurable effect and should be at least partially dependent on the half-life of the drugs being used -- that is, you should feel dbol before you would feel testosteorne enanthate. There are some other things that go into this -- I actually pin a lot of the "feel" that people get on water retention (not necessarily edema).
So steroids with short half lifes "kick in" faster than those who have long half life like test e?