Nolvadex as a standalone? Results?

DaveWalton

Awards
Hey guys. I've been prescribed Nolvadex to get rid of some post puberty gyno, and I'm wondering if this could boost muscle mass gains in any way? I will be taking 20mg a day for 4 weeks.

Stats:

6'3
208 pounds in the AM
20 years of age

I've been reading up on this and I've seen some people say yes, you can experience some decent gains, while others say it can inhibit gains. I did notice one study demonstrating a 150% increase in total and free T (in 9 patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia).

So, what do you guys think? Will Nolvadex alone help provide some overall muscle gains? I will likely be taking it with Trib.

Thanks for any replies

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
no...you are not going to see any mass gains from the use of nolvadex....

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So, what do you guys think? Will Nolvadex alone help provide some overall muscle gains? I will likely be taking it with Trib.

Thanks for any replies
You'll probably gain between 15-20 pounds and your major lifts should all go up...:dl::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

DaveWalton

Awards
no...you are not going to see any mass gains from the use of nolvadex....
How can you be so positive? Anecdotally it's been said to provide mild strength and mass gains (from what I've read), although others do say it does nothing for mass or strength.

From an article on Nolva vs Clomid: "Nolvadex also seems preferred from long-term use, for those who find anti-estrogens effective enough at raising testosterone levels to warrant using as anabolics. Here Nolvadex would seem to provide a better and more stable increase in testosterone levels, and likely will offer a similar or greater effect than Clomid for considerably less money."

http://www.trainwiser.com/f48/nolvadex-vs-clomid-136/

DaveWalton

Awards
You'll probably gain between 15-20 pounds and your major lifts should all go up...:dl::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
You're hilarious. Look, obviously i'm not expecting to see dramatic results, if any (which is why I'm asking), but since I'm taking it anyway its a fair question especially considering I've heard different opinions about it.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
look....im not gonna launch into studies or anything like that.....but i will tell you this....you are beating up the wrong bush....it will stop estro from binding....probably lean you out some while you are on it....but your not gonna get hyooge....on the other hand i would use and ai to prevent rebound....

DaveWalton

Awards
look....im not gonna launch into studies or anything like that.....but i will tell you this....you are beating up the wrong bush....it will stop estro from binding....probably lean you out some while you are on it....but your not gonna get hyooge....on the other hand i would use and ai to prevent rebound....
Okay. Well either way it's what I've been prescribed and I'll be taking it anyways so I thought I'd ask and see if it could be of any benefit to bodybuilding.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
like i said you will notice a nice leaning out....but id def take an ai to control the rebound estrogen when you get off....

DaveWalton

Awards
like i said you will notice a nice leaning out....but id def take an ai to control the rebound estrogen when you get off....
Damn. What side effects can I expect from rebound estrogen. Thanks for the input btw.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not a good idea. You're better of going with a natural test booster or an AI like Formex

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
Not a good idea. You're better of going with a natural test booster or an AI like Formex

if you read the whole post you would have seen he was prescribed this for pubertal gyno and was trying to make the most out of it....still a good idea for his application...

Damn. What side effects can I expect from rebound estrogen. Thanks for the input btw.

as far as rebound estro...what happens is the nolva stops estro from binding at the receptor site...basically making it useless....it does not stop it from being aromatized from test tho...so while your on nolva your estro keeps being made but cant be used....when you get off all this unused estro attacks the receptor site....this can give you gyno all over again...i would run an aromatase inhibitor to control estro production so you dont have a rebound...honestly...a very strong ai like letrozole would be better at getting rid of your gyno...but i hate to go against a doctors word....

DaveWalton

Awards
if you read the whole post you would have seen he was prescribed this for pubertal gyno and was trying to make the most out of it....still a good idea for his application...

as far as rebound estro...what happens is the nolva stops estro from binding at the receptor site...basically making it useless....it does not stop it from being aromatized from test tho...so while your on nolva your estro keeps being made but cant be used....when you get off all this unused estro attacks the receptor site....this can give you gyno all over again...i would run an aromatase inhibitor to control estro production so you dont have a rebound...honestly...a very strong ai like letrozole would be better at getting rid of your gyno...but i hate to go against a doctors word....
Thank you for both replies :). I'll be asking doc about letro. Thanks a lot. Repped.

SeanyK

Awards
  • Established
i actualy have used nolva on its own at 40mg for 4 weeks, and saw a great leaning out effect, increased vasuclarity, increased libido, energy level, etc... not like being ON, but a similar good feeling. more specifically, this was not a pct, but began 4 weeks after a 4 week pct i did after my first ph. i've had pubertal gyno for as long as i can remember, maybe 11 years old. anyone who's ever had the pleasure of enduring gyno, you can image how f*cking annoying it can be. 10 years of lumpyass breast tissue. decided to try and get rid of it. week 3 i began tapering up AI's, ATD, 3OHAT, and 6bromo, while tapering down the nolva to 10mg on the last day of week 4. I never planned on making gains but actually did notice my lifts go up a little. then again, could have very well been due to training and diet alone.

DaveWalton

Awards
i actualy have used nolva on its own at 40mg for 4 weeks, and saw a great leaning out effect, increased vasuclarity, increased libido, energy level, etc... not like being ON, but a similar good feeling. more specifically, this was not a pct, but began 4 weeks after a 4 week pct i did after my first ph. i've had pubertal gyno for as long as i can remember, maybe 11 years old. anyone who's ever had the pleasure of enduring gyno, you can image how f*cking annoying it can be. 10 years of lumpyass breast tissue. decided to try and get rid of it. week 3 i began tapering up AI's, ATD, 3OHAT, and 6bromo, while tapering down the nolva to 10mg on the last day of week 4. I never planned on making gains but actually did notice my lifts go up a little. then again, could have very well been due to training and diet alone.
Wow, would be pretty cool to experience the effects you did. Thanks for your reply, pumped me up a little!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You'd be better off with Letro. 0.25mg tapered up to 1.25mg and then tapered back down over four weeks. There's a post on here about using Letro solo and it's effect on test levels.

DaveWalton

Awards
Alright so it looks like I'll be taking 40/30/20/10 by week respectively. I'll also be taking bulgarian trib with it. I figure I'll try to make the most out of this puberty-induced gyno prescribed nolva!

Going by what I've read and seen I obviously won't expect dramatic results lol, but maybe some leaning out and increased vascularity. With nolva/trib stack (lol) can I expect a bit of a boost in terms of mass gain?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright so it looks like I'll be taking 40/30/20/10 by week respectively. I'll also be taking bulgarian trib with it. I figure I'll try to make the most out of this puberty-induced gyno prescribed nolva!

Going by what I've read and seen I obviously won't expect dramatic results lol, but maybe some leaning out and increased vascularity. With nolva/trib stack (lol) can I expect a bit of a boost in terms of mass gain?
I'll tell you this...

If Nolva doesn't work, try Letro. Supposedly that's a must for stubborn gyno...but what DID zap my gyno (including pubertal gyno) was Epidrol.

I recently had it return because of ATD-rebound, and am running epithio again. Hopefully it will clear it up a second time.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
yes...this tactic has worked for some....but its also backfired for just as many...i dont think its a great idea to run a steroid to get rid of gyno....how did you do it tho....stay under 20mgs?

Mike2121

Awards
Legal Steroids - track.moreniche.com/hit.php?w=101404&s=2006&a=39559
I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.