Something to ponder....

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Ok I've been thinking about this for a while now and it's time to put it on here and see what you all think about it.

The overall idea when taking a PH is to bulk while doing it and put on as much muscle as possible in that 3-4-5-6 week cycle. Most people gain say 12-15 pounds on a well ran cycle with probably 2-3 of those pounds being fat. So +10 pounds of Lean Muscle in that time period, great!. Ok well not as many people cut on these as bulk. For some people they think of it as a waste. They think that they are gaining only 4-6 pounds instead of the 12-15 which is a waste. However, if you gain 5 pounds and lose 8 pounds of fat that is a +13 pounds of LBM. Which is highly possible in my opinion. Even if you gained only 8 pounds of LBM while cutting on the cutting cycle, wouldnt the other few pounds definitely be made up for when the person eventually tries to cut the weight off as it is extremely tough and time consuming to be able to cut while not losing any muscle. So why aren't PH's used more often for cutting? This is my question!

mmzawa

mmzawa

Awards
Ok I've been thinking about this for a while now and it's time to put it on here and see what you all think about it.

The overall idea when taking a PH is to bulk while doing it and put on as much muscle as possible in that 3-4-5-6 week cycle. Most people gain say 12-15 pounds on a well ran cycle with probably 2-3 of those pounds being fat. So +10 pounds of Lean Muscle in that time period, great!. Ok well not as many people cut on these as bulk. For some people they think of it as a waste. They think that they are gaining only 4-6 pounds instead of the 12-15 which is a waste. However, if you gain 5 pounds and lose 8 pounds of fat that is a +13 pounds of LBM. Which is highly possible in my opinion. Even if you gained only 8 pounds of LBM while cutting on the cutting cycle, wouldnt the other few pounds definitely be made up for when the person eventually tries to cut the weight off as it is extremely tough and time consuming to be able to cut while not losing any muscle. So why aren't PH's used more often for cutting? This is my question!
I'm pondering!
Different Prohormones do different things...

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
I dont think they make as much difference as people make them out to be. Some are wetter and drier than others, however how you eat decides whether you will gain fat or if you will lose it.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Other than the wet/dry aspect (which is alterable with support supps) i see no reason why there wouldnt be more people doing so. I've always loved the recomp over a wet heavy gain cycle. BF isnt the fastest thing to shed so why not bypass all that wasted time! I'm in to hear others thoughts but i totally agree man!! Great thread

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
thank you, good to see what goes on my mind really does make sense to other people and I am not a luney! haha

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Not at all. I get that many people including some of my friends just want the number on the scale as high as possible. and thats all good and well for hardgainers (yes opening a whole new can of worms here...) but for comp grade gains i see no point in going that route

mcssassin

Awards
im just a noob but i would say ph's are designed to ramp your bodys deliciate hormone systems up to add more weight. and there are risks involved to your hormonal systems from them.(permenent) so it would make more since for you to use a thermo or other product designed for weight loss to cut with. less risk of long term damage. of course tho this is just my opinion

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
im just a noob but i would say ph's are designed to ramp your bodys deliciate hormone systems up to add more weight. and there are risks involved to your hormonal systems from them.(permenent) so it would make more since for you to use a thermo or other product designed for weight loss to cut with. less risk of long term damage. of course tho this is just my opinion
I get what you're saying but the gains will be determined more from diet and cardio than just off input of the ph itself. What we're getting at is why put all the extra stress on the body of holding simple bodyfat on your structure? Yes a thermo, or eca, or ..... can set your body into a higher metabolic rate or ensure greater thermogenisis but at the core why gain essentially unnecessary bodyfat?

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Increasing testosterone helps reduce fat just as much as it builds muscle. If you are a hard gainer and are desperately looking for any kind of muscle then yea it's the way to go. However if you are a "BodyBuilder" your goal is to put on LBM, not to weigh as much as possible.

mcssassin

Awards
yea i see what your sayin. some how in my mind i though the post ment why not use a ph as a weight loss sup? i think i understand what was meant now im a little slow its 230 am here

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Increasing testosterone helps reduce fat just as much as it builds muscle. If you are a hard gainer and are desperately looking for any kind of muscle then yea it's the way to go. However if you are a "BodyBuilder" your goal is to put on LBM, not to weigh as much as possible.
Which is why im struggling daily with a clean diet, and very rough regimen. I've got BIG goals in mind and its a day to day thing. im holding off on the ideas of clen and stuff until its a last resort.
As for my friends yeah they could care less about overall lbm v. overall mass percents. But they also have no plans on competing so its alright

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
yea i see what your sayin some how in my mind i though it was meaning to use a ph as a weight loss sup i think i understand what was meant now
i hope i didnt sound like a ****, my goal really was just to clear things up a bit

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Meant to use all aspects of what it does positive (Recomp) instead of just using the bulking and ease of building muscle portion.

mcssassin

Awards
oh dont worry about it. i understand what u guys meant now that you spelled it out real slow for me. in my defence i am a noob

mcssassin

Awards
as a matter of fact i recently got sick while on a ph and lost 20lbs in 5 days really wasent able to hold down much food or water for 3 of those days and poof all that weight gone (i like the weight) im still heart broken

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
oh dont worry about it. i understand what u guys meant now that you spelled it out real slow for me. in my defence i am a noob
everyone starts somewhere, thanks for trying to throw in some input though. you can learn something new everyday on here if you're willing. It's really nice!

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Meant to use all aspects of what it does positive (Recomp) instead of just using the bulking and ease of building muscle portion.
The illusive, recomp. What we're all after, but it only comes when all aspects of your training are dialed in. No bulk or cut will ever equal the visual results of a recomp though!

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
I could definitely use one .. that's for sure.

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
I never do all out bulks with PHs. I always cut or recomp with them. They aid in accruing small amounts of LBM and make it easier to hold onto LBM during a fatloss cycle. Accruing LBM takes a period of months to make any REAL solid gains. In a 4 week PH cycle, how much actual muscle mass do you really expect to accrue? This is why I say they can be utilized for recomping or aiding in retaining LBM on a cut, but aren't all that great for "bulking."

BEAST