Natural Testosterone Level Chart

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know where to find a pretty detailed chart of avg. natural test vs. age??? I've looked pretty hard on google and stuff but haven't found anything good yet.

Thanks,

Chris

A

aquarius23

Awards
average for 18 year old male should be around 800 ng/dL for total testosterone.
it depends on person however.
mine was 520 ng/dL at age 20 which kinda sucked (normal range also depends on lab but average is 300-1000 ng/dL).
so there are no rules, but i would say average is around 800 (for 18 y/o) , but there are also persons as low as 400-450 and freaks with 1000+ ng/dL ;)

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys those are both really helpful

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
I would love to see a reference for the graph they are providing. Some men do begin to decline in their thirties (some sooner) but to say that what is displayed in this graph is the norm is a little biased. Also, to say that a plasma test level of 650 is unhealthy is laughable especially outside of the context of free and bioavailable test.

B

bigshoulders

Awards
in my opinion average testosterone level for 21 year old is about 700 (not 800). And the level goes down by about 60ng/dl per decade:

age 30 - 640
age 40 - 580
age 50 - 520
age 60 - 460
age 70 - 400
age 80 - 340

Thats based on what i know from my general reading over the years, articles/studies etc, so i don't have a source, just an informed opinion!

Also, in my opinion testosterone levels of 18 years aren't like WAY higher than 30 year olds, maybe 100ng/dl at most.

B

bigshoulders

Awards
Also for 21 year olds, I'd say 95% men would be between: 400 -1100ng/dl
For 30 year olds, that figure would be about 350-1000ng/dl.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
in my opinion average testosterone level for 21 year old is about 700 (not 800). And the level goes down by about 60ng/dl per decade:

age 30 - 640
age 40 - 580
age 50 - 520
age 60 - 460
age 70 - 400
age 80 - 340

Thats based on what i know from my general reading over the years, articles/studies etc, so i don't have a source, just an informed opinion!

Also, in my opinion testosterone levels of 18 years aren't like WAY higher than 30 year olds, maybe 100ng/dl at most.
I would say that your numbers represent a good average for the ages indicated.

T

Tom Marks

Awards
Total Testosterone Chart For Men

Does anyone know where to find a pretty detailed chart of avg. natural test vs. age??? I've looked pretty hard on google and stuff but haven't found anything good yet.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris,

I'm am a bodybuilder Biophysicist studying bimolecular medicine. Biophysics is the branch of biology that applies the methods of physics to the study of biological structures and processes. I'm currently investigating the relationship between sea sponges, and their potential benefit in oncologic use (cancer treating).

The oceans and rain forests of the earth remain 99% investigation free for their potential to yield undiscovered plants for use in the pharmaceutical industry. The future will yield many cures for common disease and pathology as our research progresses.

Here is the standard table for measuring testosterone levels in men. If you fall below your range, your doctor will determine if testosterone therapy will be beneficial. If your levels are high (or off the chart), this is indicative for the use of anabolic steroids and is illicit.

The letters 'ng/dl' following the number indicates quantity, and stands for 'nanograms per deciliter' of blood. These are extremely small quantities only detectable by complex medical laboratory tests:

AGE MALE:

7 months to 9 years: Less than 30 ng/dL (less than 1.04 nmol/L)

10–13 years: 1–619 ng/dL (0.04–21.48 nmol/L)

14–15 years: 100–540 ng/dL (3.47–18.74 nmol/L)

16–19 years: 200–970 ng/dL (6.94–33.66 nmol/L)

20–39 years: 270–1,080 ng/dL (9.00–37.48 nmol/L)

40–59 years: 350–890 ng/dL (12.15–30.88 nmol/ L)

60 years and older: 350–720 ng/dL (12.15–24.98 nmol/L)

The risks of anabolic steroid use by far out weighs the risks;high blood pressure, cancer, kidney and liver disease, heart attack, stroke and a host of other age limiting degenerative disorders can befall you. Bodybuilders who 'experiment' with these drugs, take enormous risks with their health, have short careers and generally develop degenerative disorders later in life otherwise avoidable. If you're 20 now, turning 50 comes very quickly. You will want to maintain your health as much then, as you do currently.