Semi pulsing?

deadikated

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone every thought of or tried a sort of "semi" pulse?

Basically, say one is taking hdrol and wants to run from 50-100mg for 6 weeks. In a 50mg week, you'd run 50 on the on days, and 25 on the off.
75mg week, you'd run 75 on and 50 off.
100mg week, you'd run 100 on and 75 off
etc....

My question, is would running the compound be effective in this manner?

Assume the same question is posed for Epistane

30mg week: 30 on, 20 off
40mg week: 40 on, 30 off
50mg week: 50 on, 40 off
etc...

Would one be able to still reap the benefits of a straight cycle, or would it be more comparable to that of a standard pulse cycle?

Could Dr. D maybe give some input seeing as he's the one who launched the whole pulsing thing?

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
the reason people pulse is because they dont want to get shut down and dont want to stress their liver every day....this defeats the purpose of both reasons to pulse and just sounds like a dumb idea to me...just run a straight cycle....its not that bad...take my word for it....some people actually like it....

deadikated

Awards
  • Established
the reason people pulse is because they dont want to get shut down and dont want to stress their liver every day....this defeats the purpose of both reasons to pulse and just sounds like a dumb idea to me...just run a straight cycle....its not that bad...take my word for it....some people actually like it....
It helps you get more out of each bottle, and you're still getting the compound in on your off days, just not as much since you don't need as much.

Yeah it probably won't make a huge difference on the sides, but you could run a bottle longer or at a higher dosage than if you ran the same dose the whole week through.

Would it seriously take away from your gains though? I mean on your off days do you really need the same amount as you on ones for the PH/PS to be effective?

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
It helps you get more out of each bottle, and you're still getting the compound in on your off days, just not as much since you don't need as much.

Yeah it probably won't make a huge difference on the sides, but you could run a bottle longer or at a higher dosage than if you ran the same dose the whole week through.

Would it seriously take away from your gains though? I mean on your off days do you really need the same amount as you on ones for the PH/PS to be effective?
i think it would....having the steroid in your system really helps recovery and nitrogen retention....protein synthesis...etc...etc...so yes you really do need it on your off days as well....i think this is a big reason why people running pulses dont get hyoooge....if you want to get the most out of your bottle run an upward taper....start low end high....but then again....bro most otc orals are like 25 bux at nutra....just buy a second bottle

deadikated

Awards
  • Established
i think it would....having the steroid in your system really helps recovery and nitrogen retention....protein synthesis...etc...etc...so yes you really do need it on your off days as well....i think this is a big reason why people running pulses dont get hyoooge....if you want to get the most out of your bottle run an upward taper....start low end high....but then again....bro most otc orals are like 25 bux at nutra....just buy a second bottle
That's the thing though, you're still getting it on your off days, just not as high of a dose. And at 100mg on/75mg off...would that not be sufficient?

If I run no lower than 50mg of hdrol, or 30mg of Epi would my gains not be appropriate?

I already have two bottles of each. Just trying to figure out how to get the most out of product without wasting.

Also had a buddy mention that a standard 2 days on/2 days off pulse of mdrol could possibly yield a recomp like effect. With Mdrol it seems like water weight seems to be the reason most don't like the gains for a recomp/cut...but couldn't a diuretic help out with that near end cycle?

Just brainstormin man.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
i dont know man...im old school...i just run straight cycles....pulse cycles and this sort of non-standard pulse your talking about just seem like a great way to get gyno to me....with your blood levels all over the place i can see the sides being really bad....every month or so these fads kick up and somebody runs a wierd cycle like this....sometimes it works out sometimes it doesnt.....but in my experience a straight cycle works every time....

deadikated

Awards
  • Established
i dont know man...im old school...i just run straight cycles....pulse cycles and this sort of non-standard pulse your talking about just seem like a great way to get gyno to me....with your blood levels all over the place i can see the sides being really bad....every month or so these fads kick up and somebody runs a wierd cycle like this....sometimes it works out sometimes it doesnt.....but in my experience a straight cycle works every time....
People on pulses are more likely to get gyno than those on straight cycles?

I thought the idea of a pulse was to minimize sides. How then would a pulse or "semi-pulse" cause sides to show up more so than a straight cycle? You're dosing less.

I'm sure a straight cycle works everytime (with all other variables being in check that is), but science is all about trying to find out what works better.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it" is nice and all...but the fact is, sometimes a better option exists. You can't find it if you constantly revert to "traditional wisdom."

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
People on pulses are more likely to get gyno than those on straight cycles?
ive never run a pulse...but to me the flucuating blood levels...on days, off days..etc...etc...would create more sides....constant blood levels equals less sides....
I thought the idea of a pulse was to minimize sides. How then would a pulse or "semi-pulse" cause sides to show up more so than a straight cycle? You're dosing less.
if im running a straight cycle and start missing days, which is basically what happens on a pulse, i get sides...like my gyno flairing, acne...ect....for me its all about trying to keep consistent
I'm sure a straight cycle works everytime (with all other variables being in check that is), but science is all about trying to find out what works better.
i agree with that...but i dont want to be the guinea pig....what if it goes wrong?
"If it ain't broke don't fix it" is nice and all...but the fact is, sometimes a better option exists. You can't find it if you constantly revert to "traditional wisdom." ever hear the term "hair-brained scheme"?....lol just messin with ya man

deadikated

Awards
  • Established
ive never run a pulse...but to me the flucuating blood levels...on days, off days..etc...etc...would create more sides....constant blood levels equals less sides....
constant blood levels equal less sides? Are you sure this is accurate? So constantly high blood levels would not cause more sides than constantly low blood levels, or even blood levels that fluctuate slightly from low to med to high? I would think that high blood levels all the time is what causes the most sides to come about. Can you link me to some information where I can learn more about blood level fluctuations and appearance of sides?

if im running a straight cycle and start missing days, which is basically what happens on a pulse, i get sides...like my gyno flairing, acne...ect....for me its all about trying to keep consistent
On those off days are you running a test boost and cort blocker like they do in a pulse? Some even run low dose of ATD during a pulse if they're prone to gyno.

i agree with that...but i dont want to be the guinea pig....what if it goes wrong?
I don't really see running lower doses on off days increasing your chances of bad things happening. I would imagine though, that someone running these compounds should be prepared enough to have various support supps and serm on hand should it be needed.

ever hear the term "hair-brained scheme"?....lol just messin with ya man
Yeah...but I don't see how when one looks at the benefits of a straight cycle, and looks at the benefits of a pulse cycle, how a sort of common ground cycle wouldn't share some benefits of both a straight cycle AND a pulse cycle.

I mean, straight cycles usually yield more gains with the consequence of more sides. Pulse cycles can be ran at higher doses for longer but require pauses on off days with the substitution of test support/cort/anti-e/what have you.

Do you know of someone on here who would have the scientific expertise to look at this type of cycling method and assess it for themselves? I'd really appreciate it if we could get someone like Dr. D in here.

On a side note...I'm not arguing with you. Just trying to get some answers. Best way to do that IMO is asking questions.

:)

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
yes its true when running a steroid cycle you need to keep blood levels constant....i was bieng nice before but it looks like you dont want to listen to reason you just want someone to agree with you...as i told you on your other thread you have a lot of research to do....you dont understand whats going on in your body when you take steroids....

deadikated

Awards
  • Established
yes its true when running a steroid cycle you need to keep blood levels constant....i was bieng nice before but it looks like you dont want to listen to reason you just want someone to agree with you...as i told you on your other thread you have a lot of research to do....you dont understand whats going on in your body when you take steroids....
Like I said earlier...I'm not arguing with you.

I just have an idea, and I'm trying to see if it would work. If you don't think it will...cool...I'm just asking questions so I can get answers.

Sorry if I offended you.

I just didn't know that the change in blood levels made sides more apparent. I realize now, that hdrol has too long of a half-life to be pulsed effectively, since bounce back won't work the same as it does with something like mdrol.

Probably going to do a 2 on/2 off of mdrol, or a straight cycle of hdrol. Thanks for your help though brah.