Oral Steroids or Alchohol? - AnabolicMinds.com

Oral Steroids or Alchohol?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.

Oral Steroids or Alchohol?

So eveyrone always says that Oral steroids are harsh on your liver. What I want to know is just how harsh are they compared to say drinking alchohol?

I typically drink while off cycle or PCT. I drink once a week and have about 10 Pints of lager or a bottle of vodka so my liver takes a hit quite a bit anyhow.

Should I be worried about Oral steroids if I am not worried about the effect that alchohol is having on me?

Does anyone have any decent articles compareing the effects from both?

Thanks

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

well first off saying that on a forum like this youre just going to get flamed by everyone saying "if youre deticated to bodybuilding you won't drink"

however, i think i asked that question about 5yrs ago in my heavy partying days lol. the answer i believe someone gave me was that an average dose of d-bol was equal to about 4 beers a day. which is basically nothing

the bottom line is that people really freak out about cycle support supps on here... and im sure alot of it is overdone. thats if u want an answer from a realist and not a diehard healthfreak
  3. Elite Member

just dont binge drink and DO NOT drink on cycle. i still would keep drinking to a minimum if at all.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by orangutan View Post
    well first off saying that on a forum like this youre just going to get flamed by everyone saying "if youre deticated to bodybuilding you won't drink"

however, i think i asked that question about 5yrs ago in my heavy partying days lol. the answer i believe someone gave me was that an average dose of d-bol was equal to about 4 beers a day. which is basically nothing

the bottom line is that people really freak out about cycle support supps on here... and im sure alot of it is overdone. thats if u want an answer from a realist and not a diehard healthfreak
    Thanks thats exactly what I was after.

I would NEVER drink on cycle as thats just a waste. But I do enjoy drinking when off cycle. You have to enjoy the body you are building!
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

you also shouldnt drink while during your pct...body is recovering during that period and alcohol hinders recovery
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    you also shouldnt drink while during your pct...body is recovering during that period and alcohol hinders recovery
    Yep I am clean through PCT as well.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb123 View Post
    Yep I am clean through PCT as well.
    good choice
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

Steroids do not affect the liver the same way that Alcohol does. Alcohol affects the liver by accumulating fat within hepatocytes, which is the type of cells that make up one's liver. This build up of fat cells is what makes the Liver stop working.

Steroids damage the liver by making it work overtime to filter out substances that it is not used to filter. This is what causes the huge spike in Liver enzymes. You can tell how hard the Liver is working by the level of it's enzymes. If you take an unwise dosage of steroids for a certain amount of time, your liver will shut down and then you will need a transplant. you're up ****'s creek.

As long as YOU'RE WISE and pre-cautions are taken while taking a PH or Steroid you liver enzymes will return to normal after PCT.

But to compare alcohol harshness to Steroid harshness is comparing apples and oranges.
  9. Board Supporter

If your trying to be a pro bb then don't drink often, if u just work out and juice too look good and its a hobby of yours then go ahead drink.
  10. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stangtuner View Post
    Steroids do not affect the liver the same way that Alcohol does. Alcohol affects the liver by accumulating fat within hepatocytes, which is the type of cells that make up one's liver. This build up of fat cells is what makes the Liver stop working.

Steroids damage the liver by making it work overtime to filter out substances that it is not used to filter. This is what causes the huge spike in Liver enzymes. You can tell how hard the Liver is working by the level of it's enzymes. If you take an unwise dosage of steroids for a certain amount of time, your liver will shut down and then you will need a transplant. you're up ****'s creek.

As long as YOU'RE WISE and pre-cautions are taken while taking a PH or Steroid you liver enzymes will return to normal after PCT.

But to compare alcohol harshness to Steroid harshness is comparing apples and oranges.
    i'm fairly certain this is not accurate info. when friend whos an alcoholic went to the doctor the doctor explained to him what u explained in the second paragraph. perfectly....just replace steroids with alcohol
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.

i'm fairly certain this is not accurate info. when friend whos an alcoholic went to the doctor the doctor explained to him what u explained in the second paragraph. perfectly....just replace steroids with alcohol
    Yes surely alchohol would also put a strain on your liver as you are basically poisoning your body for 12-16 hours.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

60% of statistics are made up on the spot
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  231 lbs.

I agree with Joeymutz, if you arent trying to compete then have a couple drinks. Nothing crazy like an entire bottle of vodka, but a 2 or 3 beers once a week isnt gonna kill you!
  15. Banned

why drink.
    either ur a party animla or bodybuilder, u cant be both, and if ur not bodybuilder in my opinion u shouldnt use roids. too much damage to body. but thats my opinion as far as drinkin i belive it is worse?
  16. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by jay21 View Post
    why drink.
    either ur a party animla or bodybuilder, u cant be both, and if ur not bodybuilder in my opinion u shouldnt use roids. too much damage to body. but thats my opinion as far as drinkin i belive it is worse?
    so baseball, track atheletes, wrestlers, MMA fighters, football players all shouldn't use steroids? Steroids are used for many reasons; faster recovery, strength, size, etc. to say only bodybuilders should use them is ignorant.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

seriously, we're talking about a couple of drinks here.. everyone knows or should know to stay away if your using orals. but theres nothing wrong with having fun when your not on. arnold use to party like a mofo off season and he owned bb. people totally blow drinking way out porportion
  18. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Comparing apples to oranges, really. It's impossible to determine exactly. Different steroids have better or worse effects. Everyone responds to alcohol toxicity differently. But if I had to put some type of EXTREME general comparison to it, I would say that a LOW dose of dbol every day is equivalent to 4-6 beers a day. But when it comes to things like 30mg of M-drol, I would compare it to a 750 of everclear
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  19. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by nsmoney1 View Post
    seriously, we're talking about a couple of drinks here.. everyone knows or should know to stay away if your using orals. but theres nothing wrong with having fun when your not on. arnold use to party like a mofo off season and he owned bb. people totally blow drinking way out porportion
    well thats true... i know guys who party like rockstars, are straight drug addicts... i mean painkillers everyday in their protein shakes (no joke).... they also take crystal meth to cut up.... tan every single day of their life.... and look better than anyone i know. but thier insides might be a different story. i mean u can push it however far u want really
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by nsmoney1 View Post
    arnold was a freak of nature
  21. Banned

Yah and used dbol from age 15. greg valentino mentioned it in one of his articles. and if u read arnold biography he wrote few yrs back he mentions he trained with big men and his good friend in austira and training partner was a doctor.

22. Banned

and my coworkers told me he saw a video were he admitted takin it from a veryy young age

23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Comparing apples to oranges, really. It's impossible to determine exactly. Different steroids have better or worse effects. Everyone responds to alcohol toxicity differently. But if I had to put some type of EXTREME general comparison to it, I would say that a LOW dose of dbol every day is equivalent to 4-6 beers a day. But when it comes to things like 30mg of M-drol, I would compare it to a 750 of everclear
    holy ****
  24. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yah and used dbol from age 15. greg valentino mentioned it in one of his articles. and if u read arnold biography he wrote few yrs back he mentions he trained with big men and his good friend in austira and training partner was a doctor.

There was a statement from someone who used to train with him (one of the other bodybuilders) who said they'd sprinkle dbols like raisins on their wheaties for breakfast....

This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    60% of statistics are made up on the spot
    Haha

and 50% off the time it works every time too.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  26. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Haha

and 50% off the time it works every time too.
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

http://www.sex-panther.com/
    This space for rent

27. New Member
    Stats
    5'0"  190 lbs.

omg i didnt know you could buy the ****.. lol
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

see that is the difference. arnold and those guys back then used it UNDER DOCTOR'S SUPERVISION. u think the bb'ers now do that? let alone normal people like ur friend here?
  29. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by muller View Post
    omg i didnt know you could buy the ****.. lol
    I don't think it has real bits of panther in it tho
    This space for rent

30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Best movie!!!
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  31. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer82 View Post
    Really? Cause i'm both.
    so was i at one time, im not against it or anything. i think mesomorphs get away with it the easiest
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

no doubt drinking is terrible for you on OR off cycle... but lets be real here. 2-3 beers on OR off is not going to kill you or do any long term damage. i'm not talking about pounding 15 beers and doing lines of M-drol while you're bro shoves m1t up your butt.. but cmon.

don't yah think frat boys would be dropping dead by the day if this was the case?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Oral steroids vs. Oral PH's
    By AsylumLifter in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 12:06 PM
  2. Oral Steroids...
    By springfield12 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 08:12 AM
  3. Prevacid and oral steroids/pro-steroids
    By kkcinc in forum Anabolics