Epistane side?

SHaneA655

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i took this about a year half ago. I got hot flashes and sensitive to sunlight,etc....ever since. I am thinking it did something to my hormones of some sort just trying to figure out what? Can someone help? Possibly something minor is causing this and hasnt straightened itself out? Let me know
thanks

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
im no doctor but i dont think hormones have anything to do with sensitivity to light

SHaneA655

Banned
Awards
  • Established
mean sunlight.....far as sunburn easily, etc...or feel hot faced in sunlight. Never happened before. I feel like i have rosacea but i dont. Been to many dermatologist who said I didnt.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know IBE said that Epi contains sulfur of some sort. You may want to consult your dermatologist about a possible long-term allergic reaction.

What symptoms are common in sulfa allergy?

Skin reactions. Skin reactions are the most common adverse reactions to sulfa medications, ranging from various benign rashes to life-threatening Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis. Hives and increased sensitivity to sunlight (photosensitivity) are also possible. There is a possibility that if the sulfa medication is continued despite a mild rash occurring, the rash could progress to a more severe form of skin reaction.
http://allergies.about.com/od/medicationallergies/a/sulfa.htm

muller

muller

Awards
Regarding your sensitivity to light, do you or have you been taking stimulant products? Anywhere from cocaine to no-xplode falls in this category, and these will shoot your adrenal glands leading to sunsitivity. If so, stop taking for a few months and put yourself on a natural adrenal support supplement.

EDIT: oh, if you meant your skin is sensitive to sunlight, disregard my post. I thought we were talking about eyes

SHaneA655

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what natural adrenal supplement could I take? Or what are some adrenal supplement??

muller

muller

Awards
what natural adrenal supplement could I take? Or what are some adrenal supplement??
try Nature's Sunshine Adrenal Support for a couple months
throw some GTF Chromium in there if you want to get back your natural energy faster.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I know IBE said that Epi contains sulfur of some sort. You may want to consult your dermatologist about a possible long-term allergic reaction.

What symptoms are common in sulfa allergy?

Skin reactions. Skin reactions are the most common adverse reactions to sulfa medications, ranging from various benign rashes to life-threatening Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis. Hives and increased sensitivity to sunlight (photosensitivity) are also possible. There is a possibility that if the sulfa medication is continued despite a mild rash occurring, the rash could progress to a more severe form of skin reaction.
http://allergies.about.com/od/medicationallergies/a/sulfa.htm
Im allergic to sulfa in antibiotics, I have been assured its different stuff in epi and people who are allergic wont have a proble. Plus Im on it right now no problems at all.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
are we allowed to trade prohormones on here if they are legal? eg. epi for h drol?

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im allergic to sulfa in antibiotics, I have been assured its different stuff in epi and people who are allergic wont have a proble. Plus Im on it right now no problems at all.
Who assured you? IBE? LakeMountD, one of their reps, explicitly said that there is a form of sulfur in Epistane. That's the reason it smeels like eggs. Now, I'm not sure if people who suffer from sulfa allergies will be effected... but I'm absolutely sure a person can be allergic to sulfur... which will cause the same effects mentioned.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Who assured you? IBE? LakeMountD, one of their reps, explicitly said that there is a form of sulfur in Epistane. That's the reason it smeels like eggs. Now, I'm not sure if people who suffer from sulfa allergies will be effected... but I'm absolutely sure a person can be allergic to sulfur... which will cause the same effects mentioned.
dude I said im allergic to sulfa not sulfur. different compound for sure. I m using E-stane from C.E.L., one of the few labs I trust

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dude I said im allergic to sulfa not sulfur. different compound for sure. I m using E-stane from C.E.L., one of the few labs I trust
Hey... dude... you didn't start this thread. My original reply was that the OP could be having a reaction to the sulfur in Epi. It has happened. You chime in with "I'm allergic to sulfa drugs, but I'm taking it with no problems." Well... great. I simply responded by pointing out that one CAN still be allergic to sulfur (whether or not he's allergic to sulfa drugs), and that this could be what the OP is experiencing.

Reading is fundamental... dude.:rolleyes:

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
As with any possible medical condition its usually best to consult a qualified Dr. and save the internets discussion for after :)

Blood panel / hormone panel / dermatologist etc :)

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok dude fair enough, I only said that , because people have been asking all over the internet about SULFA allergies with epi not sulfur, the reason dude? Sulfa allergies can be oh 1000x more serious than sulfur allergies. so anyways....

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not like before I did epistane I didnt research the living hell out of it seeing as im allergic to sulfa. So if reading is fundamental, ive done me share.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
His problem does not sound hormonal at all. Even if for some EXTREMELY 1 in a million chance he was allergic to epistane, he wouldn't still be having the symptoms. The half life is less than 12 hours. It would be 100% out of his system within days. I have a feeling it is complete coincidence, or because he was on epistane he was becoming more aware of his body and looking for side effects, and this had actually already been happening.

Talk to your doctor. And no, this has nothing to do with epistane or any type or hormonal product you may have taking. It could however be due to other things like stimulants.