Injection Soreness

Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson

Awards
I have injected 4 times with 250 mg test cyp / 200 mg EQ (in the same syringe). The first 3 time there was only mild soreness, but the last time seems to be much worse. I changed my injection position and I am fairly certain it went much deeper this time. I honestly think everything is ok, but I have never used either of these 2 things before so I am not sure how much soreness is usual. It is also possible I moeved the syringe too much. If it was an abcess or infection, what would be some other signs? There is no discoloration or anything. The injection was Monday btw.

Thanks,

TF

shadow_manifest

Awards
I personally like to use new syringes everytime I inject. Did you use a new needle? Where did you inject at. You should also rub the injection site a little bit when you inject. Give it a few more days and see how it is.

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You are putting a needle in yourself, normal shots normally hurt for a while. Make sure you are holding completely still and try other spots as well.

Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson

Awards
Injected into the upper glute (which is where it is sore), new needle ( 1.5" 22g), used 18g to draw, wiped area w/ alcohol. It is also more sore today Wed. than it was on Mon.

-TF

Last edited:

dingling

Awards
Whenever I do glutes, I have quite the time trying to keep my hand still and maneuver into a comfortable position. If I move it around any i can definitely feel it for the next couple days. Thats why I usually dont do them and stick with quads, delts, bis, chest. Good luck

EatNphood

Awards
Bro -
Yea I feel your pain...I just did a site inject in my calves, and they hurt bad, every time I walk I wish I would have shot it somewhere else...
They hurt really bad yesterday, and not so bad today. I moved the needle a little in my left calf, and it hurts the worst..
I think I am not going to shoot calves again...

Judo Tom

Awards
what do you think causes more sorenes... shaky hands or fast injections.. whats the trade off..

recently i have injected much faster with much warmer gear.

i kinda have shaky hands so i just inject faster now.. i mean like 30-45 secs for 2ml.. maybe thats real fast for some or real slow for others...

Future

I believe an abcess would be a hard sore lump. But, how often did you inject? That much test in a week might do it although I havent read cyp hurting...not like prop. Still what gauge needle are you using as well. Hopefully not the 18 gauge you mentioned.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
I believe an abcess would be a hard sore lump. But, how often did you inject? That much test in a week might do it although I havent read cyp hurting...not like prop. Still what gauge needle are you using as well. Hopefully not the 18 gauge you mentioned.
Actually, an abcess will first present as not only soreness but also an itching feeling just beneath the skin that will not be relieved with scratching. Within 24 hours of the itching presentation it will turn red and become warmer to the touch. By the time it is red and itchy the abcess will start to become more solid (the lump that some report) and over time will definitely be of substance.

It sounds like Turd is NOT abcessing but rather had the shakes when pinning. Consider hitting quads, delts, pecs, and bi's for your rotation. IMO, hitting glutes are not ideal since positioning is somewhat inconvenient (at least for me) and the rotation schedule for other areas will keep them to once per 2 weeks.

Also, in reference to the inject time question: slower is better. The rate is individual and nobody can tell you what is right for YOU. 30 seconds is fast for ANYBODY however. Use light, consistent pressure and LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. If you can feel it entering your muscle you are most likely injecting to fast. Slow it down.

Chemo

Judo Tom

Awards
Thanks Chemo... I will definately slow it down... at times i can actually feel it going through the muscle.. like the warmth of the oil thats when i figured i was pressing to hard and i back off a bit...

size

Awards
  • Established
Reduce the gauge of your needle, preferably to 25.
Always use a new needle.
Relax and try to remain steady.

Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson

Awards
ASS UPDATE:

Feels fine now, only mild soreness. I must have moved the needle while injecting. I shot the delts w/ a 25 g yesterday ( .5ml test, .5ml EQ each) and today no problems.

Thanks to all,

TF

Judo Tom

Awards
I am using a 25 and plan on keeping with that..

I will be switching to QV test E soon and wondering if i should pick up some sterile oil to dilute it.. maybe ill wait to see how bad the sting is.. or ask my source how bad it is cause i think he is using the same batch...

T-Bar

Awards
Originally posted by Chemo

Actually, an abcess will first present as not only soreness but also an itching feeling just beneath the skin that will not be relieved with scratching. Within 24 hours of the itching presentation it will turn red and become warmer to the touch. By the time it is red and itchy the abcess will start to become more solid (the lump that some report) and over time will definitely be of substance.

It sounds like Turd is NOT abcessing but rather had the shakes when pinning. Consider hitting quads, delts, pecs, and bi's for your rotation. IMO, hitting glutes are not ideal since positioning is somewhat inconvenient (at least for me) and the rotation schedule for other areas will keep them to once per 2 weeks.

Also, in reference to the inject time question: slower is better. The rate is individual and nobody can tell you what is right for YOU. 30 seconds is fast for ANYBODY however. Use light, consistent pressure and LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. If you can feel it entering your muscle you are most likely injecting to fast. Slow it down

Do you have any more info on abcesses? That sounds like my left bicep right now.

Elijah

Awards
re

Should one heat Mexican Test and then inject it to prevent infection?

I couldn't find a good description of how to heat it...

bellicose

Banned
Awards
Here you go guys:
First off you shouldn't be shaking, if you are you need to chill out and relax
Use 25 guage needles, much less pain
Load the syring up and run it under warm water. Or put a glass of water in the microwave to 3 minutes, and then put syringe in water and leave for a couple min.
Inject slowly, 2cc's per minute
Rub injection site after injection

Soreness fades over time. Once i was at the point where i was injecting 4cc's per tricep and only getting mild soreness, whereas my first shot of sustanon almost crippled me.

Judo Tom

Awards
i will be doing my first shot of QV test E 2nite or 2morrow.. not sure if anyone else uses QV but if so let me know and ill post lot/batch numbers and how things go..

DoGMaN

Awards
First off you shouldn't be shaking, if you are you need to chill out and relax.
Some of the best advise I have seen. Personally I use a 22g and have no probs. Some times I have some soreness in my tris if I shoot more than one cc, but not normally. Just take your time, move slow and relax. Also don't tense the muscle when you push through. This will give you major pains later. The more relaxed the muscle the less you will notice.