Accutane dosage help....

Crinkle

Awards
Ok Bro's i'll cut this short, i've always had a little acne on my back that comes and goes since high school, nothin severe, and after this last cycle i got a tad more on my back and a little on my shoulders too, my question is, can i just take around 20mg of Accutane a day and see any results? will it help me any at that dosage since my acne isnt really all that severe? or does it only work at the higher doeses? I'm just really sick of having this problem and am willing to spend this amount on a drug to get rid of it. Thanks bro's, always appreciated....Crinkle

EatNphood

Awards
Bro -
I had to go on accutane for acne, and before I started I had to get some blood work done, as the doc told me that it can jack ya up.

But anyway I think my dosage was a bit higher that 20mg, but what I do know is that after about a wk or so on the stuff, i was drier than a desert. So I guess with that dosage you'd be o.k. but remember always carry around a tube of chap stick as you will use it! And again I'm not a medical expert just speaking from experience when on it, I'll look around to see if I can see what dosage I was on. I'll post it when I find it.

Crinkle

Awards
Thanks bro, i checked dosages on a few sites and for someone my size it says to take around 40-45mg, that was a doctor recommended dosage for severe acne so i hope just 20mg a day will help me out, dont wanna just be wasting my cash as you know this **** is expensive, thanks again.

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
When i weighed a whopping 155 lbs, i was taking 60mg a day. **** definately worked!

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Also, there are a few other ways of gettting the stuff now adays, seen a UG lab producing it aswell as a research site selling it aswell. A lot cheaper then i payed, but atleast mine was covered.

Crinkle

Awards
Oh really? Hmm, i'm thinking that this small of a dose isnt gonna do much for me, so Ketchen Chemist ya think you could gimme them site names so i could check it out, if you dont wanna post 'em on here then would you please mail 'em to me? [email protected]
thanks bro, i appreciate the help....Crinkle

Crinkle

Awards
Kitchen Chemist, you the MAN....thanks alot bro.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
This reply may be a little late, but if you want my 2 cents. I DO NOT reccommend accutane. I tried it a while back and was all messed up emotionally and my hair started falling out severely. Even for months after treatment and I only used 20mg./day for a month then I had to quit. This may sound bogus, but it is 100% true. Some people don't notice these side effects at all, but some do and they are no fun at all. It is some serious, serious stuff and shouldn't be taken lightly. Explore b5 and other options 1st.

sushibug

Awards
mf210 did you see a doctor for your accutane treatment or did you buy it "OTC" ?

theres a reason why theres a blood test every month. i would go to the dermatologist and get it done right. right now i am on my third month of accutane and everything is going along smooth. for the first month, the doc put me on 40mg. after my liver values came back fine she decided it was okay to up it to 80mg daily. i have health insurance and it only costs $15 for a month supply of accutane.

if you are serious about elimintating your acne you should do it the right way.

sepheus61

Awards
i feel you on the mood effect on accutaine MF...I got them really bad...

I have done 2 6 month cycles on the stuff and I can say it is the best drug and the worst drug at the same time...

I would definetly go see a dermatologist for it because it can be a very nasty drug...

One thing to keep in mind is to watch your emotions closely...i mean closely...i started taking it and in 2 months i had gotten into a fight with 3 of my best friends...hit one...and driven my parents up the wall...some nights i sat and cried for a few hours and i have never been a cryer..

So my point is....I would recomend this if you have triend EVERYTHING else i mean everything...in about a month i am going to have to go on my 3rd cycle and i am not happy about it...ask a dermatologist about Tretinoin (Retin-A) cream...right now i am on Retin-A, Doryx and Prascion wash...It works very well but i am just prone to acne and i have had it since 4th grade and i am now 19 so i would do anything to get rid of it...

Try the other alternatives first and if you are like me go on it...because it works and it feels great not to have that **** on your face and body...Just tell your family and friends about being on it because in my own experience when i got mad or sad i was a completely different person...people will be understanding about it if you tell them and you won't lose anyone close to you over a stupid little fuckin pill !!!

my rant is over :rolleyes:

and the reason for the blood test is that it fucks with your liver vaues mainly your cholesterol levels, you can't take any multivitamins on it or take any vitamin A...this is because accutaine is a vitamin A derivative, you should take vitamin E while on it to help with your skin drying and stuff like that, and buy some stock in the chapstick company and lubriderm because you will be using alot...and get vaseline because if you encounter nose bleeds you can put it on a q-tip and rub it on the inside of your nose and it will keep you from gettting nose bleeds...

i wouldn't recomend any dooing any AAS or PH's or drinking while on it because your lives will be going through enough...and you don't need any other mood altering substances....

later

Last edited:

sepheus61

Awards
oh yeah and i thought about jumping off a building when i was in one of my "MOODS" as I call them now...

I came to my senses thankfully...

I wasn't going to add that but i might as well so everyone knows what they could be getting themselves into...

BE CAREFUL

out

txwakeskater

Awards
I must say that i took this for awhile and i went upwards of around 100mg because i had no sides whatsoever. I didnt even use chapstick. I still have some extra packs so if i do break out during my first cycle or something i might take, but i must agree with everybody else and say to go get your blood tests done.

My doctor was hot also :D

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
I did not take them under a doctor's supervision. My derm said my acne wasn't bad enough and wouldn't even consider it. I took matters into my own hands and ordered from pharmagroup.com I figured I'd be straight if I only took 20mg./day for a couple months. I did however get my bloodwork done through my normal doc as I always do once a year (all my insurance covers) Liver levels were slightly elevated, cholesterol was excellant. I must be one of the bad reactors to this drug b/c even at my low dose and short duration of 1 month, I had the depression side effects along with hairloss/shedding. Which to my understanding, the shedding is only common in about 10 % of users, but let me tell you I've heard some horror stories about those 10% losing serious amounts of hair. Even after discontinuing the meds. Nothing to do with genetics either. I had never lost a hair on my head until accutane, and when I was on it became so think you could see my scalp when I cut my hair short. It is much better now and has thickened up, however I personally believe that it permanently made my hair thinner and weaker.

COLOSSUS

Awards
i take 40mg a week and it keeps me under control............strong stuff. my dermo checks my live every 4 months.

DobermanXXL

Awards
I'm 185-190lbs and I'm on 90mg/ED... most people take 80mg/ED but it relies on your weight. anything under 40mg probably won't do anything

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
I'm 185-190lbs and I'm on 90mg/ED... most people take 80mg/ED but it relies on your weight. anything under 40mg probably won't do anything
Accutane and M1T is a liver killing combo.

westniles

Awards
A couple of my friends who were on it in highschool experienced hairloss... I think its pretty common.

sepheus61

Awards
i am probably going to have to do my third 6 month cycle of this ****...i hate it but you have to do what you have to do...

has anyone here been on it and kept on it for longer than 6 months...the reason i am thinking this is it always comes back and i am wondering if i could do the 6 month and then go on a lower matence dose until i am in my mid 20's

anyone

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, I haven't.

Did you experience any changes in hair whatsoever sepheus? Since you have had quite a deal of experience with it, I'm just wondering how your sides were?

sepheus61

Awards
i don't remember seeing any but i wasn't really looking...there wasn't enought that it caught my eye...so i wouldn't say it was really bad...

my question before about people being on it for a while is because the last 2 times i have been on it i have been clear for about 6 months after i got off (the amount of time it takes for it to be completely out of your system and you to go back to normal..according to my Dermo) and then i would start breaking out again...

i know that in european countries they go on accutaine at lower doses for longer periods of time like 20mgs/day for a year...while in america they do it a higher doese for less time 40+mgs/day for 6 months....

my dermo told me that there hope is that after the 6 months it goes away and never comes back but it isin't that way for me...

so i was thinking that i could do the 6 month heavy dose and then go on a maintence dose of like 10mgs/day until i am much older (i am almost 20 now...i would probably want to go until i was like 23 maby older) when my hormones calm down and hopefull i can naturally be clear...as you saw from my earlier posts the sides hit me pretty hard but i would think that most of the sides would die down especially the emotional sides (they were most present in months 4-6 when i was at my highest doses) at the lower dose...

anyone ever had this kind of therapy or maby heard of anyone...any opinions or help would be appreciated so when i go in a few weeks i can have some knowledge so i can argue with her...haha

thanks guys...

on a side note i have been a member of this board for getting close to a year and i don't post much just sit back and read the posts everyday but this is a great board compared to some others....everyone seems to really care about the health of the members and if you are going to do something stupid people put you in your place...this is a great place to gain knowledge and not stupidity

DobermanXXL

Awards
I wouldn't go above 5 months, the sides will only get harsher.

some people have to do a second course.. but I haven't heard anything more than that. how much do you weigh? make sure you're taking enough for your weight. I'd go with 5 months at a correct dose.

What types of mental/emotional sides haev you experienced? I'm in month 3 I believe. I have experienced some depression, lots of anger, and some emotional things. Some times I'll be watching/reading something and it will make me feel like crying for an odd reason, its bizarre I feel like a little girl. must be from the accutane.

Also Im going through a bad breakup w/ my ex gf so that just makes it even worse.. and also could make me think accutane is affecting me when it isn't

sepheus61

Awards
yeah those are the lovely emotional side effects...they hit me around month 3 also...and they got pretty bad for a while...

i was reading some online about accutane and from what i can get they don't go above 8 months on the stuff because there are some serious side effect issues (like your skin becoming as sensitive as it is and never going away...it more seems like they are scared of side effects staying after you get off)..i was reading that they also recomend the dose be between 1 mg to 2 mg per kg or of bodyweight...

i figured out that i was on the 1mg per kg of bodyweight both times...and i think that i am going to tell her to put me on the 2 mg course...

i read also that the higher the dose the better chance of the acne going away and staying away for the longest time...

scooby

Awards
Ok Bro's i'll cut this short, i've always had a little acne on my back that comes and goes since high school, nothin severe, and after this last cycle i got a tad more on my back and a little on my shoulders too, my question is, can i just take around 20mg of Accutane a day and see any results? will it help me any at that dosage since my acne isnt really all that severe? or does it only work at the higher doeses? I'm just really sick of having this problem and am willing to spend this amount on a drug to get rid of it. Thanks bro's, always appreciated....Crinkle
Hey crincle have u taken the 20 mg accutane dose while on your cycle if u have and have any feedback let me know.

scooby

Awards
i take 40mg a week and it keeps me under control............strong stuff. my dermo checks my live every 4 months.
Hey'' colossus have u ever taken it while on a cycle,mabey at a low dosage???I know some people have and have reported to being ok,then u have others that are scared to death from the stuff.

Crinkle

Awards
Yeah dude ijust done 40mg ED for awhile then 20mg for the rest and it worked out great.