WUT DOES ATD STAND FOR ?

1. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Answers

WUT DOES ATD STAND FOR ?

ok ..i been searching all over to try to find out wut ATD is ? now.. AI is "aromatase inhibitor " right ? wut is ATD ? now the big question..wuts the difference between the 2..which products are ATD'S and which ones are AI'S..which is better for PTC ?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Answers
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

1,4,6-Androstatrien-3,17-dione (ADT)

From what I understand, and please correct me if I'm wrong, ATD is a type of AI. ATD is a type of AI that is known as a Suicide Inhibitor. Most that I know of don't like using ATD's due to the fact that it kills the aromitase enzyme. Another and more popular AI you should read up on is a Competitive Inhibitor. In a Comp Inhibitor the molecule just fills the active binding site of the aromatase enzyme and won't let it act on your free test. This means the body still sees the aromatase enzyme floating around and doesn't register to make more enzymes. On the other hand, with something like ATD a suicide inhibitor, the body sees the lack of enzymes (due to ATD killing them) and makes more aromatase enzymes for use. Both will work for PCT, but again most will recommend a competitive AI. Do some reseach on Advanced PCT by Anabolic Xtreme. It contains 6-Bromo which is a Comp AI. Good luck.
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Answers

so inhibit-e and reversitol have 1,4,6-Androstatrien-3,17-dione so its an ATD..reversitol says its has an ATD right on the supplement facts but it has 6-bromo also... novedex xt doesnt have 1,4,6-Androstatrien-3,17-dione so that makes it an AI... so if the first 2 are a suicide inhibitor then the novedex xt would be the best bet because its not an ATD...RIGHT ?

ok so reversitol is both an ATD and a AI because it has 1,4,6-Androstatrien-3,17-dione and 6-bromo.. BUT PCT ASSIST BY CEL has trans-reversitol so is that one an AI also ? so the best ones would be : novedex xt,advanced pct and pct assist because they are AI's and dont contain 1,4,6-Androstatrien-3,17-dione . so an AI doesnt destroy the aromatase enzymes in ur body it just makes the in- active..where an ATD does and can cause delayed gyno later on because once ur off the ATD your body sees tha lack of aromatase enzymes so it produces more and can cause gyno later when ur not taking anything...is that right ?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jtnixit View Post
    so inhibit-e and reversitol have 1,4,6-Androstatrien-3,17-dione so its an ATD..reversitol says its has an ATD right on the supplement facts but it has 6-bromo also... novedex xt doesnt have 1,4,6-Androstatrien-3,17-dione so that makes it an AI... so if the first 2 are a suicide inhibitor then the novedex xt would be the best bet because its not an ATD...RIGHT ?

ok so reversitol is both an ATD and a AI because it has 1,4,6-Androstatrien-3,17-dione and 6-bromo.. BUT PCT ASSIST BY CEL has trans-reversitol so is that one an AI also ? so the best ones would be : novedex xt,advanced pct and pct assist because they are AI's and dont contain 1,4,6-Androstatrien-3,17-dione . so an AI doesnt destroy the aromatase enzymes in ur body it just makes the in- active..where an ATD does and can cause delayed gyno later on because once ur off the ATD your body sees tha lack of aromatase enzymes so it produces more and can cause gyno later when ur not taking anything...is that right ?
    Sounds like your starting to pick it up. Just keep in mind that ATD is just a AI. Mind you a SUICIDE AI, but still an AI. I personally don't like the suicide AIs, as they can cause a sharp drop in libido (NO ESTROGEN = NO LIBIDO) and have been known to much more influence MPB. Competitive AIs tend not to drop your estrogen so hard so these problems are minimized. Like I said I personally like aPCT by AX.

So all this talk about AIs for PCT........... what are you looking at needing a PCT for?
  6. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Answers

[QUOTE=BigFish80;1806047]Sounds like your starting to pick it up. Just keep in mind that ATD is just a AI. Mind you a SUICIDE AI, but still an AI. I personally don't like the suicide AIs, as they can cause a sharp drop in libido (NO ESTROGEN = NO LIBIDO) and have been known to much more influence MPB. Competitive AIs tend not to drop your estrogen so hard so these problems are minimized. Like I said I personally like aPCT by AX.

So all this talk about AIs for PCT........... what are you looking at needing a PCT for?[/QUOTE

cuz i have a bottle of inhibit-e and a bottle of novedex xt... wanna use the one thats gonna be best..so i guess its gonna be the novedex xt because it doesnt have the 1,4,6-Androstatrien-3,17-dione in it..but it got confusing because i was still researching the ATD and AI thing i read someone elses post and he listed a few otc's that he said where ATD's and novedex xt was one of them but u metioned that ATD is 1,4,6-Androstatrien-3,17-dione..novedex xt doesnt have that so im assuming thats its a COMPETITIVE AI and not an ATD .. i would and will next time get advanced pct by ax but i just dont want the novedex xt to go to waste..
  7. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Key advice with ATD - LOW DOSE!

We don't yet know how long it takes the body to resynthesize ATD, but a low dose will reduce without completely killing it - thus preserving libido.

I do not ever go over 25mg every day or two.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  235 lbs.
    Answers

3,17-keto-etiochol-triene
    this is also atd...look at your novadex
  9. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

cuz i have a bottle of inhibit-e and a bottle of novedex xt... wanna use the one thats gonna be best..so i guess its gonna be the novedex xt because it doesnt have the 1,4,6-Androstatrien-3,17-dione in it..but it got confusing because i was still researching the ATD and AI thing i read someone elses post and he listed a few otc's that he said where ATD's and novedex xt was one of them but u metioned that ATD is 1,4,6-Androstatrien-3,17-dione..novedex xt doesnt have that so im assuming thats its a COMPETITIVE AI and not an ATD .. i would and will next time get advanced pct by ax but i just dont want the novedex xt to go to waste..
    Novedex XT does contain ATD, Gaspari just uses different nomenclature on the bottle.
  10. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mooch2321 View Post
    3,17-keto-etiochol-triene
    this is also atd...look at your novadex

ur absolutly right..just found that out and was on my way to post it...damn ! so i guess im buying a new bottle of something else..something with a 6-bromo...wut about a trans-reversitol like (cel) PCT ASSIST ? i got serm on hand but dont wanna use it if i dont have too.. so if i low dose the ATD..how should i dose it..novedex xt suggests 2 caps a day and doesnt say anything about tappering down and inhibit-e says start with 3 and tapper down to 1 on the 4th week ...
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  235 lbs.
    Answers

use the serm....
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

ok ..i been searching all over to try to find out wut ATD is ? now.. AI is "aromatase inhibitor " right ? wut is ATD ?
    Well, I'm sure by now you've picked up a lot of good information about ATD in this thread.

The abbreviation "ATD" is just shortening the name AndrostaTrienDione (Androsta-1,4,6-trien-3,17-dione)
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mass_69 View Post
    Well, I'm sure by now you've picked up a lot of good information about ATD in this thread.

The abbreviation "ATD" is just shortening the name AndrostaTrienDione (Androsta-1,4,6-trien-3,17-dione)

Here ya go

Androsta- two double bonds on A-ring (1,4)
    Triene- three double bonds total for molecule- two on A-ring (1,4), one on B-ring (6)
    Dione- 2 ketones, one at 3rd carbon, one at 17

Alteration @ 6 produces some type of binding to aromatase- generally irreversible (suicide)- 6-bromo has a bromination @ 6, 6-oxo has an oxygenation @ 6, chlorine and flourine and maybe sulfur (works best in an epithio bond on A, but might work- sulfur is very easily glucorinidated) could also be potential choices- F and Cl might not be the best choices due to high electronegativity.....alterati on at 6 also negatively affects AR binding (poor binding affinity)- the more electronegative you go, the better the binding potential tho...

As for the dione- a reduction at 17 would yield a hydroxyl- making this structure more like boldenone (at least on the A ring- a 1,4 diene)- and the 17 reduced before the 3 keto b/c of the diene on the A ring (protected), even though 3alpha reduction is more prevalent in skeletal muscle than 17- but the en @ 6 will still keep this from binding the AR very effectively- it would probably have (and I have seen some data confirming this) more of an anti-androgenic effect than anything- it can actually compete with other circulating androgens in binding the AR.......
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Show off!
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mass_69 View Post
    Show off!
    lol
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. If you can't stand the H.E.A.T. ...
    By Smitty77 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 06:31 PM
  2. PCT as stand alone?
    By srocco112 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 03:30 PM
  3. I can't stand it.
    By poison in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 12:13 AM
  4. X-Men: The last stand, did you see it?
    By snakebyte05 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 12:18 PM