why exactly is the age 21?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MuscleMac

MuscleMac

Awards
Well the title says it all. But really, why is it 21 and up to try ph's/aas/ds's?
I mean i've heard countless of bodybuilders started to take it when they were 15-17, Arnold Schwarzenegger for example. I'm 18, although I'm not at my genetic potential, i've been training for 2-3 years and i'm 6'1 195 roughly 10-12%, i'd say i'm, somewhat close to my genetic potential. I'm really curious and want to try them, i'm probably going to wait till 21 to be safe and not stupid about it. I've also done lots of research in the past half a year about them. So any input would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

G

gymrat8807

Awards
I feel you on playing the waiting game. I didnt start taking M1-D and MMv2 till now and Im 20. I knew i was done growing; Ive stayed the same height for 3 years and my weight stayed the same for awhile. I would take the same stack that I'm taking. Ive put on 22lbs in a month in a half its not all lean, but that is ok with me because thats why people call it bulking and not cutting. Good luck with everything

MuscleMac

MuscleMac

Awards
Yeah, I mean, I havent grown in height for the past 6 years, no joke, I was done growing when i was 14, I hit puberty very early. My body is probably at the maturity of a 20 y/o, but i'm still going to be safe and learn as much as possible before I try my first cycle.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Well the title says it all. But really, why is it 21 and up to try ph's/aas/ds's?
I mean i've heard countless of bodybuilders started to take it when they were 15-17, Arnold Schwarzenegger for example. I'm 18, although I'm not at my genetic potential, i've been training for 2-3 years and i'm 6'1 195 roughly 10-12%, i'd say i'm, somewhat close to my genetic potential. I'm really curious and want to try them, i'm probably going to wait till 21 to be safe and not stupid about it. I've also done lots of research in the past half a year about them. So any input would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
You want to maximize your potential. Plus you don't want to be put into certian situation with the side effects. They say about 60% of the male population is proned to male baldness. I would have to say that it's higher more like 80%. It seems that way as that whole crap about the gene coming from your mothers father side is bs.

Anyhow, you wouldnt want to experience a ton of side effects while being so young. I don't think it would be fun to go bald when your 18. The only way to prevent balding would be finastride and some other topicals. If your going to gear, the topicals probably wont be that useful to you. Finastride can come with some major sides as it seems some have said 25% of the people who use it experience some heavy sides. And seeing as how when you experience the sides also varies, and the fact that you have to use finastride for life, you might end up at a very age deciding hair or your manhood. (libido)

Thats just one of the situations you could end up in. I hope that scared you a little.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
The age is 21 for as much legal reasons as hormonal maturity. At 21 your responsible for your own health in virtually every country in the world so if something goes wrong you only have yourself to blame and the responsibility is on yourself to get the proper medical attention.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
maturity in most cases. sure training and experience are important as begineers tend to respond well to whatever they do so obviously ph's arn't important at that time.

basically 'kids' or most of them at least, don't have the discipline or knowledge to execute a proper cycle, pct, and proper use of support supps.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are free to do to your body what you will. You are not free to openly discuss it here on the board. The rules simply state: AnabolicMinds requires that you must be at least 21 to engage in steroid discussion.

None of the staff a particular interest or concern in the choices you make for yourself and the risks your take with your body but we certainly due have a great regard for the liability your under aged steroid discussion brings to the board.

BTW...no one really cares how Arnold trained, juiced or achieved whatever success he did. I'm sure his cardiologist is well impressed.

MuscleMac

MuscleMac

Awards
Wow, so wait you dont ****ing care about one of your board members health?COOL THANKS, I FEEL VERY WELCOMED..2nd of wtf!?!!?how do you not care about arnold?!?! i hope your being sarcastic...That was a very,very rude statement saying you dont give a **** about my health, you really could of put that nicely and said..."Hey man, this is for 21+"???? i did read all the stickys, must of buzzed by me for the age limit to post...and i highly ****ing doubt, no i know for 100% that this post will ****ing do NOTHING to this website in terms of liability.. seriously, that was ****ing rude.

o an btw, I GREATLY appreciate everyone else that helped me, thank you.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Just say your 21. haha. But honestly im going to engage in this just because i was in your boat not too long ago. I started experimenting with p/h's, steroids, early at 18. I dont regret it cause i certainly learned alot. Yeah i probably could have waited till i became older. But i look great compared to other 21 year olds. But thats not saying it was jsut the products. It was also from dieting and training very very hard! This is a decision that you will have to take very very serious mate! Consider all research, how to take stuff correctly, ask as many noobie questions as you can! ha. There is never a dumb question, plus you always learn something with an answer. As for me my health is very very fine! I go to the doctor every 3 mnths. Everything is very healthy, for im a health concious nut anyway. i also run everything "correctly". Send me message anytime boss, i will be more than happy to answer ANY questions.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
maturity in most cases. sure training and experience are important as begineers tend to respond well to whatever they do so obviously ph's arn't important at that time.

basically 'kids' or most of them at least, don't have the discipline or knowledge to execute a proper cycle, pct, and proper use of support supps.
maturity, natural gains, learning a proper diet. these are things that you will just beginning to master at 21 if you're lucky.

and this says nothing about your natural testosterone levels which stabilize somewhere around 20+/- a couple years.

steroids aren't the quick fix to muscles, and it takes a lot to realize that. food is the anabolic in any equation. steroids can make any gains come faster, but without food, there's no growth, no maintenance of that growth, and no point to cycling. the proof is that you can use the same compound to bulk as you can to cut - even superdrol. hopefully at 21 years old, you'll have learned that - though i didn't until i was 30 :)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, so wait you dont ****ing care about one of your board members health?COOL THANKS, I FEEL VERY WELCOMED..2nd of wtf!?!!?how do you not care about arnold?!?! i hope your being sarcastic...That was a very,very rude statement saying you dont give a **** about my health, you really could of put that nicely and said..."Hey man, this is for 21+"???? i did read all the stickys, must of buzzed by me for the age limit to post...and i highly ****ing doubt, no i know for 100% that this post will ****ing do NOTHING to this website in terms of liability.. seriously, that was ****ing rude.

B was implying that the Administration does not have a vested interest in the choices you make, which may or may not put your health at risk - i.e., the decision to limit steroid discussion to 21 is made to protect the board, assuming you are a competent enough individual to protect yourself.

In regards to the liability issue, that is a sticky subject; the standard of proof in civil cases is much more, shall we say, relaxed, than in criminal proceedings; the evidential rules in place permit verbal and implicit contracts, heresay and the like to be admissable evidence. One could hypothetically argue that, as an underage poster, the condoning of underage discussion related to anabolics misled them in a direction which caused physical harm. At 21, though, such grounds become inadmissable as - like each person has said here - that age is the "you are on your own" age, so to speak.

I do not understand your logic, here: B was not denying he cares about you as a member and/or person, but merely rightfully asserted that off this board, you are entrusted with maintaing your own health.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

B was implying that the Administration does not have a vested interest in the choices you make, which may or may not put your health at risk - i.e., the decision to limit steroid discussion to 21 is made to protect the board, assuming you are a competent enough individual to protect yourself.

I do not understand your logic, here: B was not denying he cares about you as a member and/or person, but merely rightfully asserted that off this board, you are entrusted with maintaing your own health.
Sorry if I was rude to you.

The rules are 21 to post in the steroid section.

What Mullet stated is what I was implying. I'll speak for myself, and not the staff, and say; I cannot get emotionally attached to every responsible or irresponsible decision an anonymous internet entity partakes in, whether it be steroids, drugs, unprotected random sex partners, watching American Idol, MTV's Real World or Dancing With The Stars. There are literally thousands of members and I sometimes need to enforce the rules without personal or emotional attachment.

I wish you and Arnold the best of health :)

Status
Not open for further replies.