hairloss & beard-hairloss

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hey guys, I'm not prone to hairloss at all. I've never shed on cycle and my hair is very thick, no retreating hairline etc. etc...

However, i've noticed that when i'm on AAS that my facial hair tends to fall out more. Not just on AAS, but sometimes on AI's (aromatose inhibitors)... so it may also be a function of high natural test levels.

Basically I can run my hands through my hair all day and not pick up a hair. But i've noticed quite often I can be sitting down and stroking my beard, and I'll look down and 2-3 beard hairs have fallen into my lap.

I'm just wondering, to those of you sporting facial hair, if you've ever noticed anything like this?? Thanks in advance.

For the record, this has not resulted in any "thinning" of my facial hair lol... it is very thick.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since facial hair reacts positively to androgens, you might be accelerating the growth phase pace - and the hairs you are shedding were in telogen phase, being shed to make room for new hairs.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks Dsade that makes perfect sense to me now. I knew there's a connection between androgens and facial hair, but i didn't realize that acceleration of the growth cycle would make the hairs fall out more rapidly as the cycle terminated. I seemed to instead conclude that the hairs would just grow longer.

I wasn't worried per se but when I was just in class and I looked down at my notes and there's 3 fat beard hairs sitting there it just made me wonder if anyone else with a beard and AAS is going through this.

I am pretty sure my body hair growth is accelerated as well.

Hair on my head, not noticing anything (but harder to tell cuz it's longer).

Thanks again

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Correct...follicles already in both catagen and telogen will need to be shed before a new follicle can form and new cells proliferate.

Careful, though, you might get what you wish for - with a vengeance. Ideally, I should be shaving twice a day... and my face, too.

/gross

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I'm just wondering, to those of you sporting facial hair, if you've ever noticed anything like this?? Thanks in advance.
What kind of facial hair do you have, like a beard/goatee? Or just a few days of not shaving? I thought in the last pic you put up you were clean cut.

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
hmm so i should take AAS to thicken my beard? lol i have a beard but the left side of my face doesnt grow as much as my right side i seem to be the only one that notices but it bothers me

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hmm so i should take AAS to thicken my beard? lol i have a beard but the left side of my face doesnt grow as much as my right side i seem to be the only one that notices but it bothers me
Left Cheek Site injections?

>shiver<