M1-t and Zocor

Pauly

Awards
I'm about to start a 2 week M1-t cycle. I have a question about using it along with prescription Zocor. My normal total cholesterol is around 230, and my ratio of good to bad cholesterol is favorable. Still my doc has me on Zocor to lower the overall.

My question is, I have heard Zocor is not easy on the liver. Should I stop taking it while doing the cycle? On one hand it should keep my cholesterol at decent levels while doing the M1-t, but I'm worried about liver toxicity. I have done 3 other PH cycles without any apparent problems (1-AD, transdermal 1-test/4-AD), but not methyl 1-test. Also, I need to have a cholesterol check beginning of the year. How long after the cycle end should I wait before doing the blood work as to see accurate results?

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
My question is, I have heard Zocor is not easy on the liver. Should I stop taking it while doing the cycle?
UNQUOTE

I did. I recommend you do also.

On one hand it should keep my cholesterol at decent levels while doing the M1-t,
UNQUOTE

I don't beleive there are any studies to back up this theory. Zocor helps your lipids profile and M1T will F it up. Which drug will win?

but I'm worried about liver toxicity.
UNQUOTE

Good, you shold be...

UNQUOTE
How long after the cycle end should I wait before doing the blood work as to see accurate results?

I don't know quite what you mean by "accurate" results. The accuracy of your test will be determined by the quality of the lab work. If you mean "normal" results, I still don't know.

I finished a 3 week 10mg cycle on 15 NOV and just had my blood drawn yesterday, 4 DEC. I will post my liver enzyme results and HDL/LDL when I get them.

Good luck,

Greenguy

Pauly

Awards
Thanks Greenguy. I was suspecting that ceasing the Zocor would be a good idea.

I did mean 'normal' rather then accurate. What I didn't say is that I was on Lipitor until my healthcare provider decided to not cover that anymore and switch to Zocor. So my doctor wants to see how Zocor affects me after 10 weeks. That would be 2 weeks after the cycle end.

Will be REAL interested in seeing your posted results.

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Greenguy. I was suspecting that ceasing the Zocor would be a good idea.

I did mean 'normal' rather then accurate. What I didn't say is that I was on Lipitor until my healthcare provider decided to not cover that anymore and switch to Zocor. So my doctor wants to see how Zocor affects me after 10 weeks. That would be 2 weeks after the cycle end.

Will be REAL interested in seeing your posted results.
OK. My 3 week 10mg/day M1T cycle ended on 14 NOV 2003. I had my blood drawn 20 days later on 4 DEC.

My liver enzymes were normal (for me). Only my ALT was slightly high (51, normal is 0 to 48), but that is what is has been since long before I ever took M1T. It was like that 2 years ago before I had ever done any prohormones. I took a LOT of a premium Milk Thistle extract and NAC and ALA. I always am taking a lot of the regular range of vitamins b, c, e, etc.

My HDL (good chol) decreased from 38 to 36. It used to be 51 before I started prohormones. My LDL (bad chol) increased from 67 to 92. But that will easily be brought down when I resume Zocor. This is the most worrisome aspect of it for me, as the doctors have no good drugs to raise HDL.

I am going to try niacin for awhile before my next blood test in May to see if I can bring it up. Niacin is also hard on the liver so I may have to go off the zocor again to try that.

So although I would bet that my liver enzymes were extremely elevated while on M1T, I seem to have recovered to normal in 20 days.

Hope this info helps someone,

Greenguy

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
I was about to ask the same thing and I have to agree with you both. I take Zocor 20mg. I was planning on doing a M1T cycle in the near future. My plan was to discontinue the Zocor while I took the M1T (2wks), then restart after cycle. All while taking liver protectors of course. Good info, thanks guys!

JerseyDevil

Awards
I recently did a 4 week transdermal 1-test/4AD cycle. The last two weeks I also ran M1-T. 20 mg ED first week, 30 mg ED second week. I also am on Zocor. This is the advice I received from a doctor who works with athletes concerning the use of Zocor while 'on'.

"First of all, of all the statins out there, Pravachol and Zocor have never been associated with any significant liver injury by themselves. In fact, no cases of liver failure has been associated with Zocor. They, Pravachol and Zocor, are probably two of the safest cholesterol meds out there. You just can't take them with certain medicines (like some antibiotics etc.) The few bad liver probems that occurred were in association with taking antirejection (immunosuppresants) drugs in people who have had kidney transplants. By itself, it is much safer than tylenol! I treat alot of athletes on Zocor and quite a few use anabolic substances to one extent or another, and I have yet to see any significant liver problems associated with the two. My medline search shows no association between using the Zocor and anabolic compounds."

Considering this, I continued to use Zocor during the cycle. 21 days after the cycle end, here are some my blood work results.

Triglycerides 45, total Cholesterol 133, HDL 44, LDL 80, total protein 7.1, Albumin 4.7, Globulin 2.4, total Bilirubin 0.8, ALP 71, AST 37 and ALT 53. On my lab report ALT reference range is 2-60 U/L.

FOXDIE

FOXDIE

Awards
I took lipitor for a few days, and i felt like my body was sore, but it may have been me just being sick at the time. so i switched to zocor, and am on my third day of that. If i use Coenzyme Q10 won't that negate teh myopathy (the muscle pain, breakdown) that people experience on statins? I know that statins are horrible for some people with muscle, and can eat it away real fast. Am i safe to assume that by replacing the Coenzyme Q10 that statins reduce to a severely low level in the body by taking 150mg of Coenzyme Q10 a day i will be safe from the musculoskeletal effects? Thanks! Figured i'd get better answers here than from my doctor. Please don't give me your educated guesses either, please have some knowledge on this material.

Have any of you taken zocor or lipitor? if one will cause muscle problems, would the other cause them for you too? Will i know before it's too late if they're ruining my ever-so-muscular body?

Thanks so much!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ziquor Anabolics 2
Anabolics 5