1st cycle help, I'll wait for your proper info before starting.

dbsb

dbsb

Awards
I am new to the board so forgive any formalities I may skip or be unaware of.

I am 25, been training since 15/16 for football and have a bit of a family history of serious gym rats. As I sit I am currently 258LB, 6'. I should be about 220... desk jobs kill!

My diet is under control with the exception of alcohol, I have no problem not drinking but when I do I tend to go overboard and those calories add up quickly.

I run 2-3 miles every day. Lift every other day as well as taking ephedra daily in the AM for the past several weeks.

Outside of 6-oxo and ephedra, I have never taken anything. I have no problem with living off of syntha-6 or muscle milk for a long period of time and I understand if I choose to take anything I will be forgoing any alcohol during and after the period.

So for losing weight and maybe gaining a little extra in the right places. what would you far more experienced folks out there recommend?

I ordered methyl-1d before reading into it and finding out its nothing more then dhea with 6-oxo... so now I'm asking for direction.

thanks.

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
How old are you now? Everyone will advise you that drinking and a cycle is a big NO!

nickrut

Awards
  • Established
How old are you now? Everyone will advise you that drinking and a cycle is a big NO!
I think he said he was 25

OP...you seem to want to drop some fat while gaining some muscle?

If so, I'd go with hdrol for a first cycle. You'll have to cut out drinking because its methylated so drinking is definately a no no (drinking is bad even on non methyl cycles, but worst on methyl ones).

I'd go with seomthing like: 50/50/50/75/75

but look around for sample Hdrol cycles, as people dose it slightly different. You should look into something like cycle support for during cycle health and I'd probably suggest reversitol + Stoked (or Act xtreme) for PCT. Could go nolva too, but it isn't necessary IMO.

dbsb

dbsb

Awards
Yes I am 25 and as I stated I understand I will not be drinking during or after the cycle. I was just being completely honest about my caloric intake.

I will look into hdrol. thanks

nickrut

Awards
  • Established
Yes I am 25 and as I stated I understand I will not be drinking during or after the cycle. I was just being completely honest about my caloric intake.

I will look into hdrol. thanks

Good deal...if you have any questions let me know.

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
My first cycle last year was H-drol. I ran it 50/50/75/75/100 from what I remember. I had been lifting a lot and not focusing on any cardio and peaked. It is definitely a great recomp from my experience. I put on some weight and of course lost a bit in PCT but it did help me lean out.

currently running and logging havoc now. Been on it 12 days at 30 mg a day (except day 1 and 2 which i did 10/20) and I have to say it seems to be helping with the strength and definite vascularity. I am considering bumping it up to 40mg today though.
I can't give you an adequate feeling on it since I have not completed a cycle of it so that would just be wrong.

I can say that hdrol went pretty well for me and is a good recomp. At this point I would say that or havoc.

nickrut

Awards
  • Established
My first cycle last year was H-drol. I ran it 50/50/75/75/100 from what I remember. I had been lifting a lot and not focusing on any cardio and peaked. It is definitely a great recomp from my experience. I put on some weight and of course lost a bit in PCT but it did help me lean out.

currently running and logging havoc now. Been on it 12 days at 30 mg a day (except day 1 and 2 which i did 10/20) and I have to say it seems to be helping with the strength and definite vascularity. I am considering bumping it up to 40mg today though.
I can't give you an adequate feeling on it since I have not completed a cycle of it so that would just be wrong.

I can say that hdrol went pretty well for me and is a good recomp. At this point I would say that or havoc.

I was gonna throw havoc out there first, but I kinda like hdrol better as a first go. Sides are usually more pronounced with havoc

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
I was gonna throw havoc out there first, but I kinda like hdrol better as a first go. Sides are usually more pronounced with havoc
yeah can't comment on that really yet, but i did get slight back pumps (taurine cleared them up) and libido is not doing too well.

With hdrol I did have bad back and shin pumps....guess it varies from person to person.

dbsb

dbsb

Awards
Side?

So should I expect any loss of libido? acne? rage?

also what kind of caloric goal should I shoot for if I'm going to use this for cutting?

Sorry for all the questions. But the best way to prepare for this is to ask those who have the experience.

nickrut

Awards
  • Established
So should I expect any loss of libido? acne? rage?

also what kind of caloric goal should I shoot for if I'm going to use this for cutting?

Sorry for all the questions. But the best way to prepare for this is to ask those who have the experience.

probably can expect some loss of libido, slight acne and maybe an increase in aggression, its tough to say due to different people reacting differently.

If i were you, i'd aim to eat right around maintenance. Should cut some fat and gain some muscle ideally...

dbsb

dbsb

Awards
probably can expect some loss of libido, slight acne and maybe an increase in aggression, its tough to say due to different people reacting differently.

If i were you, i'd aim to eat right around maintenance. Should cut some fat and gain some muscle ideally...

Alright it looks like I'm going with the hdrol and post cycle support.

any other advice is always welcome and I'll try and keep a log/pictures. I've had decent luck with cutting before, but i've also never been this much over weight (almost 40lbs) so I could be drastic.

also is it alright to take ephedra with this?

nickrut

Awards
  • Established
Alright it looks like I'm going with the hdrol and post cycle support.

any other advice is always welcome and I'll try and keep a log/pictures. I've had decent luck with cutting before, but i've also never been this much over weight (almost 40lbs) so I could be drastic.

also is it alright to take ephedra with this?

I wouldn't take ephedra with it due to potentail BP issues.

Also, you'll need more than PCS for PCT. Scoop some reversitol and do:

reversitol: 3/2/2/1
PCS: 0/0/4/4/4/4

Also, you could go with CEL's cycle assist instead of cycle support (its cheaper and is in pill form.)

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't take ephedra with it due to potentail BP issues.

Also, you'll need more than PCS for PCT. Scoop some reversitol and do:

reversitol: 3/2/2/1
PCS: 0/0/4/4/4/4

Also, you could go with CEL's cycle assist instead of cycle support (its cheaper and is in pill form.)
and grab a bottle of lean xtreme and you are set

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Drop weight before you use AAS. How's your blood pressure?

Get your diet cleaned up and drop ~20lbs. As you get your nutrition & cardio under control and drop weight, you'll have a better cycle.

guapitomark

guapitomark

Awards
I agree with PAPA. IMO, I'd drop weight and bf% before even thinking of using a ph. You will get better results if you wait until your bf% is in the 12-14% range before a cycle. Also, this forces you to adopt a strict diet, which will "train" you for a cycle. Cut out alcohol completely - maybe just a glass of wine here and there with a meal or 2 or 3 beers for the weekend, but that's it! You definitely don't want to get a alcohol buzz while on cycle - you only have one liver!

For right now, there are plenty of OTC products that can help you. I'd suggest Superpump 250 (might give you the runs the 1st week, but they subside after that). Eat VERY lean, plenty of Healthy fats, a.k.a. Omega 3's. Maybe some HydroxyCut.

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
I agree with PAPA. IMO, I'd drop weight and bf% before even thinking of using a ph. You will get better results if you wait until your bf% is in the 12-14% range before a cycle. Also, this forces you to adopt a strict diet, which will "train" you for a cycle. Cut out alcohol completely - maybe just a glass of wine here and there with a meal or 2 or 3 beers for the weekend, but that's it! You definitely don't want to get a alcohol buzz while on cycle - you only have one liver!

For right now, there are plenty of OTC products that can help you. I'd suggest Superpump 250 (might give you the runs the 1st week, but they subside after that). Eat VERY lean, plenty of Healthy fats, a.k.a. Omega 3's. Maybe some HydroxyCut.
Any amount of alcohol while on cycle should be a No No! :twak:

You don't want to add any unwanted stress to your liver. If you can't hold off drinking for 8 weeks, you shouldn't be cycling.

guapitomark

guapitomark

Awards
Any amount of alcohol while on cycle should be a No No! :twak:

You don't want to add any unwanted stress to your liver. If you can't hold off drinking for 8 weeks, you shouldn't be cycling.
Yes, it is better to cut alcohol 100% - I agree....I'm not taking an ouce of the stuff while on cycle, however, I really don't think that 2 or 3 beers a week will do any extra harm....but, that's just my opinion. But, yeah, better be safe than sorry....good call MAURICE :)

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
Yes, it is better to cut alcohol 100% - I agree....I'm not taking an ouce of the stuff while on cycle, however, I really don't think that 2 or 3 beers a week will do any extra harm....but, that's just my opinion. But, yeah, better be safe than sorry....good call MAURICE :)
no i hear ya. i am sure it won't cause that much harm, but, there is always a chance ya know. Someone might be 4 weeks into cycle and have a liver that is being choked out, have 2 beers and then....crash.

Just better safe than sorry. It is all personal preference though. I think some guys have said they drank every week while on cycle on here, and heck, they are still around LoL

dbsb

dbsb

Awards
Wow I really didn't mean to start an alcohol debate. I understand that there is to be no alcohol at all during the cycle. I was simply stating my current intake. I was trying to say that my diet is fairly decent, except my occasional alcohol intake, which will be stopped before I attempt any kind of cycle.

So I should do my best to lose BF before a cycle... That might be a good goal for me. I'll put off any orders until I drop a few pounds.

I'll look into super pump 250...

dbsb

dbsb

Awards
Also I had a recent check up and everything is good as far as pressure and cholesterol. I'm actually in decent shape despite my fat. I just got back from bi's/back and according to my gyms BF scale ( I know they are crap but it's close) I'm 28%... so I've got got about 36 pounds to lose to hit 14%.
That may take a while.

nickrut

Awards
  • Established
I figured you had exhausted the non hormonal route...my bad.

Though 6oxo is pretty close to the top in terms of potency for NH stuff...

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Also I had a recent check up and everything is good as far as pressure and cholesterol. I'm actually in decent shape despite my fat. I just got back from bi's/back and according to my gyms BF scale ( I know they are crap but it's close) I'm 28%... so I've got got about 36 pounds to lose to hit 14%.
That may take a while.
Hint: Read up on CKD (Cyclic Keto Diet).

dbsb

dbsb

Awards
I figured you had exhausted the non hormonal route...my bad.

Though 6oxo is pretty close to the top in terms of potency for NH stuff...
I actually had some weight loss and decent gains with 6-oxo a few months back, I was about 245 before and 240 afterward with decent gains all around. I know most of that was from getting serious for 6 weeks but the stuff made me feel great. But then I spent some time in mexico with the girlfriend... now I'm the fattest I've been and it's not coming off.

I've been steady at 260-258 for 4 weeks, eating about 2500 calories, mostly syntha-6 or muscle milk. Running 30 minutes every morning and lifting every other day. I guess I was looking for a short cut and that may not be the best answer.

Hint: Read up on CKD (Cyclic Keto Diet).

Will do!

thanks for all the advice. I wish I would have joined a forum ages ago. I'll put off a cycle until I read up on the other recommendations and drop some weight.