Cycle suggestion - 1t/pplex/epi?

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

bit of background first;

I'm 28, been training for 5 years now, veering more towards the powerlifting side of things.

Am anywhere between 240 and 250 lbs and 6"1. I admit i'm carrying a few extra pounds but i'm more concerned with strength and maybe size rather than a bit of excess fat.

My diet has been getting better and i'm taking about 4500 cals a day , but would bump this to 5000 on cycle.

My main concern is bringing my strength back up quickly. If i can put on some lean mass then that would be great as well as any fat loss, but these aren't my main objectives.

I've ran a superdrol cycle a few yeas ago and got phenomenal stength gains (60lbs on bench in 3 weeks) but awful back pumps.

I'm in the development phase of my cycle and at the moment have already purchased PP's muscle stack and also have a few dermacrine and an extra sustain alpha lying around. I will purchase CEL's PPlex and either havoc or IBE's EPi.

I've had a few ideas regards a cycle incorporating the 1-t, epi and pplex. I have done my research, it's just that i have a few ideas and would like to bounce them around here a bit.

Basically i want to run 1-t for 6 weeks and it's a case of working a stack into this.

Maybe something like this:

weeks 1 to 6 - 1t - 6 pumps a day
weeks 1 to 4 - epi/havoc - starting at 10mg ED, ramped to 30g over the first week and sustained at this
weeks 3 to 6 - pplex - 15mg tabs - 15mg ED ramped to 30/45 in 2nd week and sustained at this level

would this order mean more sustainable strength and muscle or would it be better to cycle the epi/havoc last?

I was also wondering if i could use the dermacrine for 2 weeks prior to this cycle just to jump start it (i'll also be using CEL's cycle assist two weeks prior to the cycle anyway).

Should i do the above or just run 1t and pplex for 4 weeks? as i feel i would get more gains than runnng 1t and epi.

I also have taurine on hand.

As far as PCT goes i'll be running PP's pct stack, torem, zma, and a creatine (which i haven't decided upon yet) and cycle assist for 4 weeks. I also want to try get diesel's DTH and was thinking of doing this POST PCT?

BE gentle, a lot of this is just me thinking aloud and any ideas or improvements i would like to hear them. :fing02:

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
:eek:h: i was also wondering if i could use the sustain at weekends during the cycle as some people have suggested to help stop total shut down. If i do this does that i mean i don't use the 1t, epi/havoc or pplex on those days?

I also have super cissus in powder form and am not sure as to whether to use this during or after the cycle? possibly loading with it before as i am prone to tendonitis in my elbows?

Last edited:
Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Not sure I would stack 2 methlys with 1-T. I would just bump up the dose. I have run both EPI (6 week cycle) and have just started P-Plex at 30MG. For your size I would not go below 30mg of EPI. I ran Epi at 50MG for 3 weeks if I recall correctly and I am 200lbs. For P-Plex I would say 30mg -45mg would be a sweet spot for you.

ws65

ws65

Awards
  • Established
From PP site, while on 1T, the protocol for Sustain Alpha is 2 days on, 5 days off...I've seen you could do 3 on 4 off as well but that's kind of a waste imo. You use it during just so you don't get shutdown as much, which makes your recovery go a little quicker. I am going to do the 2 on 5 off of Sustain during my 1T solo run which I will start monday. During PCT I will do 5 on, 2 off of the Sustain (reverse of what it is while on cycle). I hope this helps.

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
From PP site, while on 1T, the protocol for Sustain Alpha is 2 days on, 5 days off...I've seen you could do 3 on 4 off as well but that's kind of a waste imo. You use it during just so you don't get shutdown as much, which makes your recovery go a little quicker. I am going to do the 2 on 5 off of Sustain during my 1T solo run which I will start monday. During PCT I will do 5 on, 2 off of the Sustain (reverse of what it is while on cycle). I hope this helps.
so you still use the 1t on the days you use the sustain?

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
Not sure I would stack 2 methlys with 1-T. I would just bump up the dose. I have run both EPI (6 week cycle) and have just started P-Plex at 30MG. For your size I would not go below 30mg of EPI. I ran Epi at 50MG for 3 weeks if I recall correctly and I am 200lbs. For P-Plex I would say 30mg -45mg would be a sweet spot for you.

I've been following your log silver, keep it up.

How did you find the epi strength and recomp-wise?

gischer

Awards
I am currently running epi 30,40,40,40,50,50 AND 1-T 4,5,5,5,6,6. Right now I am about two and a half weeks in and have lost several lbs of BF while moving the scale up 5lbs. on a 3,500-4,200 calorie diet, presently sitting at 203lbs. I honestly haven't gained much strength (+10lbs on bench), however I am running a program I would say is about 75% bodybuilding oriented and maybe 25% strength oriented.

I am really enjoying this so far. With very moderate sides: some lethargy, shoulder acne (i am highly prone to begin with though), increased apetite, increased aggression when I play basketball and lift. I have sustain alpha on hand, but libido has been fine so far, so I will probably just be saving it to include with my tamox pct.

If your primary goal is strength I would probably go with the phera, but if you wanted to drop a little bit of fat while gaining strength i would think the 1-T is better.

In terms of dosing I would deffinetly agree that 30mg of Epi/havoc is too low. I would probably go for 30 wk 1 and then work up towards 40-50ish.

Let me know if you have any questions. I am not logging, but I have been keeping record of each workout and I plan to post a summary of the entire cycle on here outlining my progress when I finish in a little over 3 weeks

ws65

ws65

Awards
  • Established
"...I am running a program I would say is about 75% bodybuilding oriented and maybe 25% strength oriented."

Can you enlighten me on what workout you are using? I'm having trouble figuring out what workout to do while on 1T (my first cycle) and I want a bodybuiding routine not so much strength. Right now I'm doing HST 3 days a week full body and light cardio and abs in between with weekends off. Thinking about going to a one body part per day 5 days a week.

Forgive me hijacking but I thought it may apply here.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I've been following your log silver, keep it up.

How did you find the epi strength and recomp-wise?
I felt the recomp affect of EPI was pretty good. I gained 11lbs on the cycle and although I dropped 9lbs with my recomp effort after cycle I think I have kept a majority of the muscle gains. Strenght wise Epi was very good as well. I would say I gained 30+ lbs on both squat and bench from my previous maxes.

gischer

Awards
I am running a split similar to that of Layne Norton from BB.com basically it goes like this:

day 1: Heavy Upper (5x5 straight sets for Bench, rows, Military press, Reverse grip bench, BB curls)

day 2: Heavy Lower (5x5 straight sets for Squats, Good Mornings, + some calves)

day 3: Rest

Day 4: Hypertrophy Chest tri: 4-5 chest movements, 3-4 tricep movements 3-4 sets each exercise. stopping about 1 rep short of failure each set. you start with the first set of each exercise close to your max and you keep dropping weight each set 8-12 reps per set.

Day 5: Hypertrophy Back Bi: Performed in same manner as chest tri more or less

Day 6: Hypertrophy Legs: 4 lower body movements, along with two calf movements

Day 7: Shoulders Abs: 4 Shoulder Movements, 2 Abdominal movements

Day 8: Rest

Each week I add in a couple of sets to various exercises and around wk 3 or 4 I added in 1-2 sets of an entirely new exercise on some of the hypertrophy days. If you want to reqally see everything laid out the way i'm doing it I can give it to you. I'm just feeling a bit lazy right now... Hopefully you can get the basic gyst. It';s floating around somewhere on BB.com under a title along the line of "can't get your legs to grow" or something like that...

Personally I wasn't a huge fan of HST. Ran 2 cycles, gained a little mass and strenght, but have deffinetly had better success training muscles only 2x/wk versus 3x as HST demands

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
I am running a split similar to that of Layne Norton from BB.com basically it goes like this:

day 1: Heavy Upper (5x5 straight sets for Bench, rows, Military press, Reverse grip bench, BB curls)

day 2: Heavy Lower (5x5 straight sets for Squats, Good Mornings, + some calves)

day 3: Rest

Day 4: Hypertrophy Chest tri: 4-5 chest movements, 3-4 tricep movements 3-4 sets each exercise. stopping about 1 rep short of failure each set. you start with the first set of each exercise close to your max and you keep dropping weight each set 8-12 reps per set.

Day 5: Hypertrophy Back Bi: Performed in same manner as chest tri more or less

Day 6: Hypertrophy Legs: 4 lower body movements, along with two calf movements

Day 7: Shoulders Abs: 4 Shoulder Movements, 2 Abdominal movements

Day 8: Rest

Each week I add in a couple of sets to various exercises and around wk 3 or 4 I added in 1-2 sets of an entirely new exercise on some of the hypertrophy days. If you want to reqally see everything laid out the way i'm doing it I can give it to you. I'm just feeling a bit lazy right now... Hopefully you can get the basic gyst. It';s floating around somewhere on BB.com under a title along the line of "can't get your legs to grow" or something like that...

Personally I wasn't a huge fan of HST. Ran 2 cycles, gained a little mass and strenght, but have deffinetly had better success training muscles only 2x/wk versus 3x as HST demands

This is similar to my training regime, with 2 upper body heavy days (1 push 1 pull), 1 heavy squat or deadlift day and at least 1 upper body in a bodybuilding rep style every 8 days (it varies as my shifts do).

I like it as there's a fair bit of variety and the bb day helps me recover quicker :squareeyed:

gischer

Awards
I deffinetly feel that both the split I mentioned, and the one you follow are far more superior than the hitting of each muscle 1x per week that most people follow. This is especially true on cycle when your recovery time is vastly improved. Next time I go on I may even try to find a way to shorten the gap in training periods for each muscle down to 2 days and alternate low volume high volume....