Potential first cycle suggestions

TxAggie

Awards
Ah where to even begin?

About Me
I am looking to do my first cycle for a couple of reasons. I have a disability called CMT or Charcot Marie Tooth which has IMO limited my gains in the gym. I do leg exercises but I get weakness in my ankle and hands and mny legs are my weakest link. To "treat" my CMT my neurologist put me on Prednisone 5mg EOD. If you don't know, this is a synthetic corticosteroid. It helps me with my stability/balance issues although there is no research to support it. It doesn't do anything for strength and is more anti-inflammatory. My blood work I had run all came back normal/ideal which included a thyroid test and cholesterol check.

I want to get stronger because I have plateaued off in strength gains the past 2 years. I am 5'8'' @ 165 #'s and I had my BF checked 6 months ago and I was right at 15% with calipers. That being said, I know I still have some work to do on my diet. I still try to consume about 150g of protein per day and if I go to a cycle I will need to almost double that.

Reactions with current Prednisone?
I am not sure if this will react with my corticosteroid either so I am open to advice. The prednisone is only 5mg EOD which is a very small maintenance dose.

Advise for first cycle?
Let me start off with I'd like both strength and mass gains but if I had to chose I'd go with strength. I was thinking maybe start with Havok / Epi for 4 weeks and follow with some Nolva for PCT. Should I stack the Havok / Epi with another designer or is that just a good start. What are the other supplements I should take when on this stuff?

I have no contacts here so I'd either have to buy stuff from supplement shops or drive to my favorite Vet's office in Mexico. :think:

Just looking for advise and help so I don't get in over my head or do myself harm. I think overall any strength gains I make in my legs and arms will help me with my stability and normal daily living.

PM me if you don't want to post some data on this page. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
do NOT run ANYTHING with prednisone. i was on the sh!t on and off for years and f ucking hate it. it is a VERY serious drug. if u are on it indefinitely then dont ever plan on running a cycle...sorry i know thats not what u wanted to hear

TxAggie

Awards
I have been on it at this 5 mg dose for 24 years. I agree it does suck and the side effects can be bad. My last neurologist asked why I even took it and I almost sh!t because it sucks to take a drug for so long for no real good reason. I am now trying to get off of it (gradually dropping the dosages) but it has been rough since it plays with my emotions and EVERYTHING makes me mad / psychotic when provoked. I hope to be off of it by end of the year.

Is there a specific study or reaction you are aware of that shows negative side effects / death when doing any cycle while taking Prednisone??

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
just play it safe and wait until ur off of it. i dont know of any studies but i know for sure that prednisone is harsh on ur body....why risk it?

in the mean time, work on ur diet and try to get 10-12%bf