When to cort control

S

sakes

Awards
when should a cort blocker be used in a PCT using lean Xtreme or lean FX (which is better?) how should it be dosed and what week of PCT?

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
start it the third week of pct and run until the bottle is out. for dosing, follow directions on the bottle.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I'm curious as to why you should wait on the cort blocker. Seems logical to me that it should be started right away, this is when endogenous test is gone and nothing to prevent cortisol runaway. 3 weeks into PCT and there wouldnt be much point of using it. This is of course speculative and my opinion.

S

sakes

Awards
so is it 3rd week or right after cycle? im really confused now lol

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm curious as to why you should wait on the cort blocker. Seems logical to me that it should be started right away, this is when endogenous test is gone and nothing to prevent cortisol runaway. 3 weeks into PCT and there wouldnt be much point of using it. This is of course speculative and my opinion.
i agree 100%

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
Yes I concur as well. I've come across post after post. Day 1 of pct.
Pretty much all pct start day one except natty test booster and ai starts day 15

864gnohp

864gnohp

Awards
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the reason for holding off on starting a cort-blocker was because the common/effective cort-blockers are DHEA analogs and therefore suppressive (Mildly?) in their own right. The delay is there to allow for up-regulation of the HPTA.

If your really shutdown you don't need something else hindering up-regulation.

Just throwing this out there for discussion, again.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
DHEA metabolites like 7-keto are not suppressive at all.

864gnohp

864gnohp

Awards
DHEA metabolites like 7-keto are not suppressive at all.
Not to question you but I know there are those out there that agrue the opposite (PP is one I know for sure but they have non-DHEA based cort product so their assessment is biased). If the damn teeth hadn't been taken out of the site/thread search capabilities I could find the old threads on this. Its just too time consuming to to search through threads w/10+ pages to find the golden nugget hidden within.

JohnnyBGood

JohnnyBGood

Awards
Bump for more replies. Anyone know why it is sometimes suggested to wait a couple weeks on the cort control?

864gnohp

864gnohp

Awards
I have been looking for the info for an hour or more but I can't really find the old posts.

In any case, beyond possible suppression, there is really no reason to start w/cort blockers before week 3. The body doesn't begin to react negatively to the weird hormonal imbalance/flux that occurs when coming off for 2 or 3 weeks. At that point the HPTA is starting to come back but the flood exogenous hormones are now gone causing the body to say WTF and produce more cort.

Again, I don't claim to be an expert and I just trying to spur the discussion. Hopefully, one of the more knowledgeable members will chime in, but I'm not holding my breath because it seems that a good number of them don't stop in/post in here anymore.

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
I am a bit surprised that no all knowing members haven't chimed in yet. Perhaps soon.

I think there are a couple valid points though. One being that cortisol is a problem just after the cycle ends and the other that cortisol blockers are a bit suppressive.

Perhaps a low dose tapered up to full dose starting week three would be a good idea