Do ph's and antibiotics mix?

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Im in my second week of a cycle and i was just diagnosed with a infection which i need to take septra for. Any issues mixing?

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
because i rather be safe then sorry

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
shouldn't interfere with them, though some/most/all prohormones can lower your immune system.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
and i believe septra is pretty strong

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
shouldn't interfere with them, though some/most/all prohormones can lower your immune system.
yeah see thats what i was thinking. i know its un-related, but with some forms of birth control for women, if they take an anti-biotic the birth control doesnt work. i mean, ph's are hormones just like birth control.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
yeah see thats what i was thinking. i know its un-related, but with some forms of birth control for women, if they take an anti-biotic the birth control doesnt work. i mean, ph's are hormones just like birth control.
the only antibiotic that has been proven to signifigantly lower the effects of birth control is rifampin...most others only decrease the metabolization of birth control by about one percent...most docs will error on the side of caution tho and tell you to use a back-up method while on antibiotics...better safe than sorry i guess...but you should be fine mixin with the ph...

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
i dont know if i should of mentioned it, but the infection is some sort of staph infection. Would phs make the infection worse

gelatine

Awards
You're right, you might have an increased chance of getting pregnant!

Seriously, if you believe "ph's are hormones just like birth control." you have absolutely no business being on prohormones.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
You're right, you might have an increased chance of getting pregnant!

Seriously, if you believe "ph's are hormones just like birth control." you have absolutely no business being on prohormones.

well he is right in the fact that it would effect the otc orals the same way as estrogen or progesterone(birth control) as it would inhibit the metabolization of the hormone...see my earlier post...now why its is a negligent effect is still does effect it a little...so hes right and didnt even know it.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
i dont know if i should of mentioned it, but the infection is some sort of staph infection. Would phs make the infection worse
is it that mrs-2 shiz...lots of staph goin around...id give it a week and if it doesnt show signs of getting better id get off the ph...or be safe rather than sorry and get off now...you can always cycle later...it really just depends on the seriosness of the infection

crazilyfter42

Awards
I am not really familiar w/ that antibiotic but I would be careful. I know some of them can stress your kidneys and than adding the stress of DS/PH on your kidneys on top of that and you could run into trouble.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
u r correct so i chose to suspend my cycle. the antibiotic im taking has two in it and im also taking twice the recomended dosage since im a bigger guy and my infection is nasty so its not worth the risk