syringe filters and vacumn filtering - AnabolicMinds.com

syringe filters and vacumn filtering

1. New Member

syringe filters and vacumn filtering

Every time i filter its a NIGHTMARE. I started with whatman 25mm .02um filters but that was way to small. Even now when i use 25mm whatman nylon .45um it still takes an hour to filter 10cc. i always heat to decrease vicosity. Please everyone tell your filtering time with the actual filter you use and amount filtered. Plus your info on NYLON, PTFE, PFDF etc. I have a vacumn pump and want to use a buchner funnel and a vacumn flask....any thoughts on that?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by imakeitgood View Post
    Every time i filter its a NIGHTMARE. I started with whatman 25mm .02um filters but that was way to small. Even now when i use 25mm whatman nylon .45um it still takes an hour to filter 10cc. i always heat to decrease vicosity. Please everyone tell your filtering time with the actual filter you use and amount filtered. Plus your info on NYLON, PTFE, PFDF etc. I have a vacumn pump and want to use a buchner funnel and a vacumn flask....any thoughts on that?
    Well what the heck are you filtering? Water? Oil (what kind)? Lead?
  3. New Member

haha sorry about that umm its used MOBIL 1. haha
    Its crystal fina....all the binders are gone, we are talking straight fina crystals with 20%BB and 2%BA in grapeseed oil. Also, which actually was worse Test enanthate powder in the same recipe above....20%bb and 2%ba
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.

BTW, while many bacteria are larger than 0.45microns, there are bacteria that are smaller than 0.45. Use a 0.22micron sterile filter. That will capture nearly all bacteria that you have to worry about. It will not capture viruses as they are up to 200x smaller than the smallest bacterium.

The Rhinovirus (cause of the common cold) is ~20 NANOMETERS. That's outrageously small. By comparison, the common bacteria E.coli is 2 microns.

Your primary concern when filtering liquids is bacteria.
  5. New Member

thanks
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  213 lbs.

on this subject... How Long will a whatman .22m last you, for how many mls of oil? if you're filtering say 100ml, i dont care for how long it takes but will i need 2 filters for it or will one do the job? i'm new to researching how to convert so i'm a little confused by looking at some recepies online... i appreciate the info. thanks!

new to the site, good stuff!
  7. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/faq.p..._new_faq_rules

Talking about how to convert powders and various illegal substances is NOT tolerated! Do not ask for supply kits or anything else that can be perceived as "steroid paraphernalia" and do not post links to those sites that supply such products.
  8. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Opened for discussion. As per the board rules - please do not post sites for items that could be considered "steroid paraphernalia".
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best place to buy syringe filters?
    By CROWLER in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 09:05 AM
  2. Where to buy Syringe Filters
    By CROWLER in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 09:42 PM
  3. Non_sterile syringe filters?
    By Greenguy in forum Anabolics