advice on proviron/mesterolone vs. A-dex for estrogenic bloat

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I'm really intrigued by this compound because the profiles I've read for it generally all claim:
1.It binds to the aromatase enzyme, reducing water retention and other estrogenic sides when using it with test.
2.it also attatches to SHBG, which frees up more of the test for growth.

When I did my first cycle, I found out that I'm EXTREMELY prone to water retention, to the point where it's not just a cosmetic concern but a possible health risk (my feet were so swollen I eventually quit wearing my shoes!) So I had decided that if I ever did a 2nd cycle, I had damn well better have some anastrozole/arimidex on hand for bloat control.
But after reading up on proviron, I'm considering using that instead of the a-dex.

So, for me:
A-DEX
cheaper, IF you wait out the first 4 weeks of a 12 week test enan cycle before using. Otherwise you'd have to buy a 2nd box. 2 boxes would be more expensive than 90 days worth of proviron.
Another positive is that it's not a controlled substance and therefore less of a legal issue and more likely to be legit.

PROVIRON
1.Binds with SHBG allowing for max potential in regards to exogenous test use.
2.as a synthetic DHT compound, it would harden a person up pretty well, right?

but, it's also alkylated, some profiles say it's methylated. Despite this, they all say it's mild enough not to be a concern. what does the board think?
Of course it is a steroid, so it's controlled, and therefore comes with potential legal risk as well as source issues. BUT, if someone were to obtain test without an Rx from the same source those same issues would still be present anyway.

On boards you often hear how compound X is often substituted by sources for different compounds. If it were something I was taking purely to add another compound for the sake of performance or gains I wouldn't mind as much, but in this case you want a compound for very specific effects and no substitute will do.

So, there's the deal. Which would you choose, A-dex or proviron
for on-cycle management of water retention? (would have tamox on hand for any gyno issues and pct)

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
it doesnt bind to the AR. which proviron does. proviron doesnt have any muscle building effects, so it MAY inhibit muscle growth if it binds to the AR and poses no activity. leaving less room for the Test to bind, or competing with Test for the site.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
it doesnt bind to the AR. which proviron does. proviron doesnt have any muscle building effects, so it MAY inhibit muscle growth if it binds to the AR and poses no activity. leaving less room for the Test to bind, or competing with Test for the site.
I hadn't thought of that, but by the same token, too much adex can reduce gains from lack of estrogen as well, so in that regard they both carry the same possible risk, albeit in different ways. At least with proviron I would think that if you had enough in your system to ihibit growth, you'd at least still be getting strength and hardness from it seeing as it's basically DHT. Does anyone out there feel that 50mg a day would be enough proviron to cause an issue with the androgen receptor?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I hadn't thought of that, but by the same token, too much adex can reduce gains from lack of estrogen as well, so in that regard they both carry the same possible risk, albeit in different ways. At least with proviron I would think that if you had enough in your system to ihibit growth, you'd at least still be getting strength and hardness from it seeing as it's basically DHT. Does anyone out there feel that 50mg a day would be enough proviron to cause an issue with the androgen receptor?

yea and too much estro will cause a plethera of problems,

.5mg adex EOD is perfect!

Diet and BF determine muscle hardness IMO.

who knows about proviron and 50mg a day causing a problem with growth, but if its being used as an AI

adex if lightyears better then proviron.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Arimidex....and crazy did a good job of explaining why.....

holy

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wouldn't Nolvadex be ideal considering it prevents water retention, without wiping your estrogen levels? I suppose, as crazyfool said, a low does of Arimidex EOD would also ensure that your estrogen levels aren't out of control too. NW, why not go for a testosterone with a shorter ester like propionate? You'd have to pin more, but edema would be less of a concern.

Mess

Awards
  • Established
on my 1st cycle i used 500mg/w of test E with nolvadex ed, on my 2nd cycle i used 500mg of test E/w frontloading 1000mg for week 1&2 and i used Proviron, with proviron i've noticed immediate increase in strength and there was no water retention at all but i had a hair thining effect and i got hair on my back and thats due to the androgenic effect of it.
However, with proviron in my 2nd cycle i didnt gain as much, maybe because of proviron, or due to many other factors or simply because it was my 2nd cycle but i diffenitly was feeling much better and comfortable in my 2nd cycle and it was due to Proviron.
just my 0.02$

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Wouldn't Nolvadex be ideal considering it prevents water retention, without wiping your estrogen levels? I suppose, as crazyfool said, a low does of Arimidex EOD would also ensure that your estrogen levels aren't out of control too. NW, why not go for a testosterone with a shorter ester like propionate? You'd have to pin more, but edema would be less of a concern.
I was told more than once by people online prior to doing that cycle that Tamoxifen/nolva wouldn't be effective enough for edema because it has such an affinity for breast tissue that gyno prevention is the only thing it's good for while on. My doctor said he wanted me taking it every day while on but never mentioned why (assumed gyno) and either way I wouldn't have had enough for both my cycle and pct. If any vets outhere would like to tell me otherwise about tamox in regard to water retention I'd appreciate it, because that would be much more cost effective, not to mention the peace of mind knowing tamox is a drug I already have experience with and gives me no sides. I'm considering prop, but the thing is is that I happen to be in a wheelchair and my disability affects me in a way to where my number of injection sites is limited. with longer esters I only have to pin twice a week max, so I can just stick with one easy to reach/see spot like biceps.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
he probably thinks it will inhibit shutdown to some degree, use adex, proviron has few uses these days.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
definitely adex...i was let down by proviron the only time i tried it...didnt do sh!t for me as far as estro control

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
proviron is good if you can get your hands on it at a reasonble price it slows down conversion and increases libido.