Smoking Pot and AAS/PH use?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User

Arrow Smoking Pot and AAS/PH use?

Ever since I started in with AAS and PH use, I cut 99% of alcohol use at all times. I do smoke a little pot once in awhile.
    Are there any adverse affects of Pot Smoking and the use of anabolics? izza:

2. Registered User

gyno
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

^^^ complete bull****... please show me one documented case where some one has gotten gyno from only smoking weed.. ur telling me that if someone smokes and takes AAS/PH/PS and they develop gyno that its gonna be from the weed smoking over those 4-15 weeks and not the use of suppresive compounds? come on now!!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  235 lbs.

just search...theres been a crapload of threads on this...
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.

Smokin' pot will not hurt you during cycle or any other time. Smoking isn't good for anyone but Marajuana won't do
    1 /10000th the damage alcohol would while on cycle or off. No comparison. I've read a few cats that have had to smoke a J to get their appetite up while on Superdrol. Eating is very important.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.

I think smoking anything might be a bad idea while on any compound that would decrease red blood cell count, beause I'd want all the oxygen I could get for all that heavy lifting; But I'm the cautious type.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigzach1234 View Post
    ^^^ complete bull****... please show me one documented case where some one has gotten gyno from only smoking weed.. ur telling me that if someone smokes and takes AAS/PH/PS and they develop gyno that its gonna be from the weed smoking over those 4-15 weeks and not the use of suppresive compounds? come on now!!
    Its been documented that marijuana raises estrogen levels. There are studies floating around look it up yourself. Combining something that increases estro levels w/ a type of aas that does aromatize could lead to higher levels of estrogen and also gyno. It doesnt mean it is going to happen to everyone but its possible. I stay away from it for those reasons and many others.
  8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer82 View Post
    weed + gixxer = hungry gixxer

hungry gixxer + food = tons of calories

tons of calories + gixxer = muscle mass

muscle mass + gixxer = happy gixxer
    rofl
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.

marijuana should be legal..
  10. Registered User

marijuana of high grade, DOES LIVER DAMAGE.

I once was on AS for a few weeks, and after i smokes a few joints i feel the insides of me shriek in pain, i felt like my organs were getting hit by glass shrapnel!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by saiyuki411 View Post

I once was on AS for a few weeks, and after i smokes a few joints i feel the insides of me shriek in pain, i felt like my organs were getting hit by glass shrapnel!
    wonder how many people will get the sarcasm
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Kind trees are the best appetite and sleep aid. Post workout and before bed. Haha, seriously.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  191 lbs.

This made my day.
  14. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JKurz802 View Post
    Ever since I started in with AAS and PH use, I cut 99% of alcohol use at all times. I do smoke a little pot once in awhile.
    Are there any adverse affects of Pot Smoking and the use of anabolics? izza:
    Eating it is always better - you wont get all that tar and carcinogens fkn with your lungs - and from personal experience gives you greater munchies.

Cannot comment on the effects on AAS though.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

I love how emotional pot users get when you say anything about marijuana. I smoked for 6 years and dont see anything to defend.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by crazilyfter42 View Post
    Its been documented that marijuana raises estrogen levels. Combining something that increases estro levels w/ a type of aas that does aromatize could lead to higher levels of estrogen and also gyno. It doesnt mean it is going to happen to everyone but its possible.
    I've been hearing about those studies for over a decade, supposedly raised estrogen is why pot smokers are less inclined towards physical aggression. If you asked me I'd say being sluggish, burned out and hungry has a lot more to do with it though. I view pot like I do soy and booze: IF it's estrogenic it's certainly not potent enough to give you issues within reasonable use. I wouldn't be afraid of a few beers or a glass of soy milk, but I don't drink alcohol often, don't use soy protein powders/shakes, and I don't smoke-out 12hrs a day every day like I used to as a kid, heh. Even on cycle I wouldn't be afraid of a joint or bowl because of estrogen. If you're seriously juicing (not just popping some weak otc 'designer') chances are you've got loads of estrogen floating around to the point where anything subtle like pot is merely adding a drop of water to a bucket. And if you're taking a Rx anti estrogen potent enough to control estrogenic sides from steroids, I'm sure they can handle the tiny spike a single smoke session may or may not cause. I do agree with you on principle though, If I'm serious enough about my athletic performance to juice, I'm not going to be smoking anything, for endurance's sake if nothing else.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

I don't stop smoking while I am on cycle. Never had any sides from smoking trees while on.

~abuleh
  18. Registered User

used to smoke a good deal, but now that i stopped i gain weight easier and am much stronger. i say no to bud while training.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  213 lbs.

Its been documented that marijuana raises estrogen levels. There are studies floating around look it up yourself. Combining something that increases estro levels w/ a type of aas that does aromatize could lead to higher levels of estrogen and also gyno. It doesnt mean it is going to happen to everyone but its possible. I stay away from it for those reasons and many others.
    And where, pray-tell, are these studies? I always hear about em, but I have yet to read one. If you could show me where one is, I would like to read it.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.

I have been smoking daily for my cycle. It's like steroids for my appetite; i'm up 17 pounds in 13 days.

I would have legitimate problems eating enough calories to properly bulk at my weight without weed.

I've never had estrogen related problems from this, but I know from people on this board that some people do. Everyone's biochemistry is a little different.
    Mostly answered PM's
    Don't post on my profile, I don't read that stuff, PM me instead
    <------ Hard to believe, but I wasn't on any anabolics in the avatar shot
  21. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Bingo!
  22. Registered User

It's pretty clear that marijuana affects estrogen levels in a negative way relative towards building muscle. If you are looking for studies just go to google and you will pull up a bunch of information. Of course quite a few of the sites/sources will be related to anti-addiction efforts. I suspect that for pot-heads anything that comes from a source espousing sobriety will automatically be suspect, so take it as you will.

Aside from the affects of marijuana on oneís hormone levels, the simple fact is that smoking it will reduce the efficiency of your lungs ability to get oxygen into the blood stream, albeit less than smoking tobacco would.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with smoking-out even though I donít. It just makes little since to me to do something that does not help and could hurt muscle growth when on the sauce. When I cycle, everything I do is about maximizing the gains.
  23. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by saiyuki411 View Post

I think you were ovulating.
  24. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

I was gonna go to the gym today "...but I got high"
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dbow196 View Post
    It's pretty clear that marijuana affects estrogen levels in a negative way relative towards building muscle. If you are looking for studies just go to google and you will pull up a bunch of information. Of course quite a few of the sites/sources will be related to anti-addiction efforts. I suspect that for pot-heads anything that comes from a source espousing sobriety will automatically be suspect, so take it as you will.

Aside from the affects of marijuana on oneís hormone levels, the simple fact is that smoking it will reduce the efficiency of your lungs ability to get oxygen into the blood stream, albeit less than smoking tobacco would.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with smoking-out even though I donít. It just makes little since to me to do something that does not help and could hurt muscle growth when on the sauce. When I cycle, everything I do is about maximizing the gains.
    Good post.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DavesNotHere View Post
    And where, pray-tell, are these studies? I always hear about em, but I have yet to read one. If you could show me where one is, I would like to read it.
    There out there look them up, I dont have them saved to my computer or anything. I do not have the time to research on anyone elses behalf either.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dbow196 View Post

Actually, marijuana INCREASES the bodies uptake of O2. Pot is a potent vaso-dilator and induces tachycardia. So it elevates the bodies metabolism as well as its O2 uptake...thereby increasing the bodies ability to perform at a high level. Make no mistake marihuana is a performance-ENHANCING drug.

peace
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  213 lbs.

There out there look them up, I dont have them saved to my computer or anything. I do not have the time to research on anyone elses behalf either.
    not askin ya to do my research for me. I just don't think they exist.
  29. Registered User

Looks like you can find a study that supports both arguments.

This is straight from one of the articles "The results showed that MSC induced the antiestrogenic effect via the ER-mediated pathway, while THC, CBD, and CBN did not have any antiestrogenic activity. This suggests that the combined effects of the marijuana smoke components are responsible for the antiestrogenicity of marijuana use."

Personally, I smoke daily on and off cycle and see no estrogenic sides at all. Some times I smoke right before going to the gym and have just as good if not better workouts than when I don't.
  30. Board Supporter

yeah i smoked for the first time before going to the gym last week, I seriously had the best workout i've had in a long time. I was so focused and each rep was done perfect i was amazed. As the pumps started coming i just felt even better.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

I found that as long a i stayed on schedule and had a plan my WO were wicked, tended to run a bit long and somtimes forgot somthing. The key obviously is moderation.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  213 lbs.

Thanks Heat Miser. Like I said my part was just rhetoric, but I did do a search. In addition to what you posted I came up with this. It's dated '83 so...

Marijuana: interaction with the estrogen receptor
    MA Sauer, SM Rifka, RL Hawks, GB Cutler and DL Loriaux

Crude marijuana extract competed with estradiol for binding to the estrogen receptor of rat uterine cytosol. Condensed marijuana smoke also competed with estradiol for its receptor. Pure delta 9- tetrahydrocannabinol, however, did not interact with the estrogen receptor. Ten delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol metabolites also failed to compete with estradiol for its receptor. Of several other common cannabinoids tested, only cannabidiol showed any estrogen receptor binding. This was evident only at very high concentrations of cannabidiol. Apigenin, the aglycone of a flavinoid phytoestrogen found in cannabis, displayed high affinity for the estrogen receptor. To assess the biological significance of these receptor data, estrogen activity was measured in vivo with the uterine growth bioassay, using immature rats. Cannabis extract in large doses exhibited neither estrogenic nor antiestrogenic effects. Thus, although estrogen receptor binding activity was observed in crude marijuana extract, marijuana smoke condensate and several known components of cannabis, direct estrogenic activity of cannabis extract could not be demonstrated in vivo.

Volume 224, Issue 2, pp. 404-407, 02/01/1983
    Copyright © 1983 by American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics

The data suggests that cannabinoids disrupt the endocrine system, but whether they are estrogenic or not is not conclusive.
    I just gave it all a cursory read, but that's what I took away from it.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  213 lbs.

I also found this: (oh well I guess I cant post links yet)

out
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  213 lbs.

w w w.ukcia.org/research/EndocrineEffects.pdf
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by UnrealMachine View Post
    I have been smoking daily for my cycle. It's like steroids for my appetite; i'm up 17 pounds in 13 days.

I would have legitimate problems eating enough calories to properly bulk at my weight without weed.

I've never had estrogen related problems from this, but I know from people on this board that some people do. Everyone's biochemistry is a little different.
    Same here. Helps me eat the calories I need to gain weight. Never had problems gaining strength or size on cycle. I also haven't had any gyno issues. Maybe if your prone though. Cheers!
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

marijuana keeps me very leveled in life and i think it compliments the aas very well. when your leelin to aggressive just roll one up and relax
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

I love it...
    i know lots of people who smoke alot of grass and gain like crazy..
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

Effects of chronic marijuana use on testosterone, luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, prolactin and cortisol in men and women.

Block RI, Farinpour R, Schlechte JA.

Department of Anesthesia, College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242.

To investigate possible effects of chronic marijuana use on reproductive and stress hormones, we assayed testosterone, luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, prolactin, and cortisol in 93 men and 56 women with a mean (+/- S.E.) age of 23.5 +/- 0.4 years. Hormone values were compared among groups of subjects stratified according to frequency of marijuana use (frequent, moderate and infrequent; N = 27, 18, and 30, respectively) and non-using controls (N = 74). Chronic marijuana use showed no significant effect on hormone concentrations in either men or women.

Serum testosterone concentrations in cannabis and opiate users

[Article in German]

Friedrich G, Nepita W, Andre T.

Institut fur Rechtsmedizin, Universitat Freiburg.

The object of this study was to establish possible influences of long-term cannabis usage on plasma testosterone levels. The plasma testosterone levels of 66 male Pakistani who for years had smoked cannabis daily or drank cannabis regularly where measured after chronic and acute intake of the drug and compared with a material of 41 normal controls, i.e. persons who did not use cannabis. An evaluation of the results showed that there were no significant differences between the two groups. No influence of long-term cannabis usage on plasma testosterone levels was found. Furthermore we wished to find out wether long-term heroin abuse showed an effect on plasma testosterone levels. The concentrations of testosterone in the plasma of 102 heroin addicts assigned to a Methadone Program were measured and compared with the values of 29 male healthy students as controls. Plasma testosterone levels were found to be significantly decreased in heroin addicts as compared to controls.

When I work out all the time I'm very aggressive and on edge. Weed kind of just levels me out. I don't drink so weed is my way of chilling.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.

i smoke pretty much daily, on and off cycle. i have smoked before i work out before and i feel like i have a good work out but i think it is just because when your high everything you experience is more intense haha. i usually smoke post work out, so i can much out.
    iv never had any gyno period and iv got many cycles under my belt, all while i was smoking regularly.

toke it up boys!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Smoking Steroids
    By sideshow83 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 06-15-2014, 08:12 PM
  2. smoking
    By Davidlee in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-21-2009, 07:00 PM
  3. Who here has quit smoking?