Smoking Pot and AAS/PH use?

JKurz802

JKurz802

Awards
Ever since I started in with AAS and PH use, I cut 99% of alcohol use at all times. I do smoke a little pot once in awhile.
Are there any adverse affects of Pot Smoking and the use of anabolics? :pizza:

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
^^^ complete bullshit... please show me one documented case where some one has gotten gyno from only smoking weed.. ur telling me that if someone smokes and takes AAS/PH/PS and they develop gyno that its gonna be from the weed smoking over those 4-15 weeks and not the use of suppresive compounds? come on now!!

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
just search...theres been a crapload of threads on this...

angel77

angel77

Awards
  • Established
Smokin' pot will not hurt you during cycle or any other time. Smoking isn't good for anyone but Marajuana won't do
1 /10000th the damage alcohol would while on cycle or off. No comparison. I've read a few cats that have had to smoke a J to get their appetite up while on Superdrol. Eating is very important. :thumbsup:

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I think smoking anything might be a bad idea while on any compound that would decrease red blood cell count, beause I'd want all the oxygen I could get for all that heavy lifting; But I'm the cautious type.

crazilyfter42

Awards
^^^ complete bullshit... please show me one documented case where some one has gotten gyno from only smoking weed.. ur telling me that if someone smokes and takes AAS/PH/PS and they develop gyno that its gonna be from the weed smoking over those 4-15 weeks and not the use of suppresive compounds? come on now!!
Its been documented that marijuana raises estrogen levels. There are studies floating around look it up yourself. Combining something that increases estro levels w/ a type of aas that does aromatize could lead to higher levels of estrogen and also gyno. It doesnt mean it is going to happen to everyone but its possible. I stay away from it for those reasons and many others.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
weed + gixxer = hungry gixxer

hungry gixxer + food = tons of calories

tons of calories + gixxer = muscle mass

muscle mass + gixxer = happy gixxer
rofl

saiyuki411

Awards
marijuana of high grade, DOES LIVER DAMAGE.

I once was on AS for a few weeks, and after i smokes a few joints i feel the insides of me shriek in pain, i felt like my organs were getting hit by glass shrapnel!

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established

I once was on AS for a few weeks, and after i smokes a few joints i feel the insides of me shriek in pain, i felt like my organs were getting hit by glass shrapnel!
wonder how many people will get the sarcasm :think:

theguy045

Awards
Kind trees are the best appetite and sleep aid. Post workout and before bed. Haha, seriously.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ever since I started in with AAS and PH use, I cut 99% of alcohol use at all times. I do smoke a little pot once in awhile.
Are there any adverse affects of Pot Smoking and the use of anabolics? :pizza:
Eating it is always better - you wont get all that tar and carcinogens fkn with your lungs - and from personal experience gives you greater munchies.

Cannot comment on the effects on AAS though.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I love how emotional pot users get when you say anything about marijuana. I smoked for 6 years and dont see anything to defend.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Its been documented that marijuana raises estrogen levels. Combining something that increases estro levels w/ a type of aas that does aromatize could lead to higher levels of estrogen and also gyno. It doesnt mean it is going to happen to everyone but its possible.
I've been hearing about those studies for over a decade, supposedly raised estrogen is why pot smokers are less inclined towards physical aggression. If you asked me I'd say being sluggish, burned out and hungry has a lot more to do with it though. I view pot like I do soy and booze: IF it's estrogenic it's certainly not potent enough to give you issues within reasonable use. I wouldn't be afraid of a few beers or a glass of soy milk, but I don't drink alcohol often, don't use soy protein powders/shakes, and I don't smoke-out 12hrs a day every day like I used to as a kid, heh. Even on cycle I wouldn't be afraid of a joint or bowl because of estrogen. If you're seriously juicing (not just popping some weak otc 'designer') chances are you've got loads of estrogen floating around to the point where anything subtle like pot is merely adding a drop of water to a bucket. And if you're taking a Rx anti estrogen potent enough to control estrogenic sides from steroids, I'm sure they can handle the tiny spike a single smoke session may or may not cause. I do agree with you on principle though, If I'm serious enough about my athletic performance to juice, I'm not going to be smoking anything, for endurance's sake if nothing else.

abuleh

Awards
I don't stop smoking while I am on cycle. Never had any sides from smoking trees while on.

:head:

~abuleh

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
used to smoke a good deal, but now that i stopped i gain weight easier and am much stronger. i say no to bud while training.

DavesNotHere

DavesNotHere

Awards
Its been documented that marijuana raises estrogen levels. There are studies floating around look it up yourself. Combining something that increases estro levels w/ a type of aas that does aromatize could lead to higher levels of estrogen and also gyno. It doesnt mean it is going to happen to everyone but its possible. I stay away from it for those reasons and many others.
And where, pray-tell, are these studies? I always hear about em, but I have yet to read one. If you could show me where one is, I would like to read it.
:think:

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have been smoking daily for my cycle. It's like steroids for my appetite; i'm up 17 pounds in 13 days.

I would have legitimate problems eating enough calories to properly bulk at my weight without weed.

I've never had estrogen related problems from this, but I know from people on this board that some people do. Everyone's biochemistry is a little different.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Bingo!

dbow196

Awards
It's pretty clear that marijuana affects estrogen levels in a negative way relative towards building muscle. If you are looking for studies just go to google and you will pull up a bunch of information. Of course quite a few of the sites/sources will be related to anti-addiction efforts. I suspect that for pot-heads anything that comes from a source espousing sobriety will automatically be suspect, so take it as you will.

Aside from the affects of marijuana on one’s hormone levels, the simple fact is that smoking it will reduce the efficiency of your lungs ability to get oxygen into the blood stream, albeit less than smoking tobacco would.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with smoking-out even though I don’t. It just makes little since to me to do something that does not help and could hurt muscle growth when on the sauce. When I cycle, everything I do is about maximizing the gains.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I think you were ovulating. :toilet:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
weed + gixxer = hungry gixxer

hungry gixxer + food = tons of calories

tons of calories + gixxer = muscle mass

muscle mass + gixxer = happy gixxer
I was gonna go to the gym today "...but I got high" :D

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
It's pretty clear that marijuana affects estrogen levels in a negative way relative towards building muscle. If you are looking for studies just go to google and you will pull up a bunch of information. Of course quite a few of the sites/sources will be related to anti-addiction efforts. I suspect that for pot-heads anything that comes from a source espousing sobriety will automatically be suspect, so take it as you will.

Aside from the affects of marijuana on one’s hormone levels, the simple fact is that smoking it will reduce the efficiency of your lungs ability to get oxygen into the blood stream, albeit less than smoking tobacco would.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with smoking-out even though I don’t. It just makes little since to me to do something that does not help and could hurt muscle growth when on the sauce. When I cycle, everything I do is about maximizing the gains.
Good post. :thumbsup:

crazilyfter42

Awards
And where, pray-tell, are these studies? I always hear about em, but I have yet to read one. If you could show me where one is, I would like to read it.
:think:
There out there look them up, I dont have them saved to my computer or anything. I do not have the time to research on anyone elses behalf either.

DavesNotHere

DavesNotHere

Awards
Actually, marijuana INCREASES the bodies uptake of O2. Pot is a potent vaso-dilator and induces tachycardia. So it elevates the bodies metabolism as well as its O2 uptake...thereby increasing the bodies ability to perform at a high level. Make no mistake marihuana is a performance-ENHANCING drug.

peace:head:

DavesNotHere

DavesNotHere

Awards
There out there look them up, I dont have them saved to my computer or anything. I do not have the time to research on anyone elses behalf either.
not askin ya to do my research for me. I just don't think they exist.

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established

Looks like you can find a study that supports both arguments.

This is straight from one of the articles "The results showed that MSC induced the antiestrogenic effect via the ER-mediated pathway, while THC, CBD, and CBN did not have any antiestrogenic activity. This suggests that the combined effects of the marijuana smoke components are responsible for the antiestrogenicity of marijuana use."

Personally, I smoke daily on and off cycle and see no estrogenic sides at all. Some times I smoke right before going to the gym and have just as good if not better workouts than when I don't. :thumbsup:

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah i smoked for the first time before going to the gym last week, I seriously had the best workout i've had in a long time. I was so focused and each rep was done perfect i was amazed. As the pumps started coming i just felt even better.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I found that as long a i stayed on schedule and had a plan my WO were wicked, tended to run a bit long and somtimes forgot somthing. The key obviously is moderation.

DavesNotHere

DavesNotHere

Awards
Thanks Heat Miser. Like I said my part was just rhetoric, but I did do a search. In addition to what you posted I came up with this. It's dated '83 so...

Marijuana: interaction with the estrogen receptor
MA Sauer, SM Rifka, RL Hawks, GB Cutler and DL Loriaux

Crude marijuana extract competed with estradiol for binding to the estrogen receptor of rat uterine cytosol. Condensed marijuana smoke also competed with estradiol for its receptor. Pure delta 9- tetrahydrocannabinol, however, did not interact with the estrogen receptor. Ten delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol metabolites also failed to compete with estradiol for its receptor. Of several other common cannabinoids tested, only cannabidiol showed any estrogen receptor binding. This was evident only at very high concentrations of cannabidiol. Apigenin, the aglycone of a flavinoid phytoestrogen found in cannabis, displayed high affinity for the estrogen receptor. To assess the biological significance of these receptor data, estrogen activity was measured in vivo with the uterine growth bioassay, using immature rats. Cannabis extract in large doses exhibited neither estrogenic nor antiestrogenic effects. Thus, although estrogen receptor binding activity was observed in crude marijuana extract, marijuana smoke condensate and several known components of cannabis, direct estrogenic activity of cannabis extract could not be demonstrated in vivo.

Volume 224, Issue 2, pp. 404-407, 02/01/1983
Copyright © 1983 by American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics

The data suggests that cannabinoids disrupt the endocrine system, but whether they are estrogenic or not is not conclusive.
I just gave it all a cursory read, but that's what I took away from it.

DavesNotHere

DavesNotHere

Awards
I also found this: (oh well I guess I cant post links yet)

out

angel77

angel77

Awards
  • Established
I have been smoking daily for my cycle. It's like steroids for my appetite; i'm up 17 pounds in 13 days.

I would have legitimate problems eating enough calories to properly bulk at my weight without weed.

I've never had estrogen related problems from this, but I know from people on this board that some people do. Everyone's biochemistry is a little different.
Same here. Helps me eat the calories I need to gain weight. Never had problems gaining strength or size on cycle. I also haven't had any gyno issues. Maybe if your prone though. Cheers!:twisted:

trentime420

Awards
marijuana keeps me very leveled in life and i think it compliments the aas very well. when your leelin to aggressive just roll one up and relax :afro:

honda450

honda450

Awards
I love it...
i know lots of people who smoke alot of grass and gain like crazy..

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Effects of chronic marijuana use on testosterone, luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, prolactin and cortisol in men and women.

Block RI, Farinpour R, Schlechte JA.

Department of Anesthesia, College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242.

To investigate possible effects of chronic marijuana use on reproductive and stress hormones, we assayed testosterone, luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, prolactin, and cortisol in 93 men and 56 women with a mean (+/- S.E.) age of 23.5 +/- 0.4 years. Hormone values were compared among groups of subjects stratified according to frequency of marijuana use (frequent, moderate and infrequent; N = 27, 18, and 30, respectively) and non-using controls (N = 74). Chronic marijuana use showed no significant effect on hormone concentrations in either men or women.

Serum testosterone concentrations in cannabis and opiate users

[Article in German]

Friedrich G, Nepita W, Andre T.

Institut fur Rechtsmedizin, Universitat Freiburg.

The object of this study was to establish possible influences of long-term cannabis usage on plasma testosterone levels. The plasma testosterone levels of 66 male Pakistani who for years had smoked cannabis daily or drank cannabis regularly where measured after chronic and acute intake of the drug and compared with a material of 41 normal controls, i.e. persons who did not use cannabis. An evaluation of the results showed that there were no significant differences between the two groups. No influence of long-term cannabis usage on plasma testosterone levels was found. Furthermore we wished to find out wether long-term heroin abuse showed an effect on plasma testosterone levels. The concentrations of testosterone in the plasma of 102 heroin addicts assigned to a Methadone Program were measured and compared with the values of 29 male healthy students as controls. Plasma testosterone levels were found to be significantly decreased in heroin addicts as compared to controls.

When I work out all the time I'm very aggressive and on edge. Weed kind of just levels me out. I don't drink so weed is my way of chilling.

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
i smoke pretty much daily, on and off cycle. i have smoked before i work out before and i feel like i have a good work out but i think it is just because when your high everything you experience is more intense haha. i usually smoke post work out, so i can much out.
iv never had any gyno period and iv got many cycles under my belt, all while i was smoking regularly.

toke it up boys!!!

JKurz802

JKurz802

Awards
I race motocross (Local Pro level) and I'll smoke ever so often before a race, talk about some intense ****!! I need to add about 15 more pounds... Those 450's pull like MUGGGGG.

JKurz802

JKurz802

Awards
Arnolds old move "Pumped". He was tokin it up in that movie, and you know they were using some crazy ****.....!!!

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I think smoking anything might be a bad idea while on any compound that would decrease red blood cell count, beause I'd want all the oxygen I could get for all that heavy lifting; But I'm the cautious type.
I don't get this post. AAS stimulate release of erythropoietin in the kidneys, which in turn has a positive effect on red blood cell production. In fact, most people carry up to an extra pint of blood while on cycle. Is there some compound that negatively effects RBC production that I don't know about?

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
i smoke pretty much daily, on and off cycle. i have smoked before i work out before and i feel like i have a good work out but i think it is just because when your high everything you experience is more intense haha. i usually smoke post work out, so i can much out.
iv never had any gyno period and iv got many cycles under my belt, all while i was smoking regularly.

toke it up boys!!!
It seems to me that the side effects of pot would be contrary to the goals of a BBer. Lethargy, lack of motivation, limited lung function, psychosis, ect.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
agreed, while on anabolics i find it really messes with my mood. thc + EQ gave me anxiety out the ass. it started messing with my sleep pattern and appetite also.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It seems to me that the side effects of pot would be contrary to the goals of a BBer. Lethargy, lack of motivation, limited lung function, psychosis, ect.
The way marijuana effects me, I think it is more helpful than harmful for BBing. The two basic variables are training and diet, and it helps me get in the calories I need, doesn't negatively impact my training.

Limited lung function, psychosis, no not here. With a vaporizer, the "lung damage" isn't much of an issue.

Surely i'm not the only one that has trouble downing 4000 calories or more day after day? When I'm low on calories for the day I know what to do... and it gets me back on track.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
if i eat less then 5k a day my stomach feels like its digesting my organs. lol. i do know what your getting that, there are just those days where eating in excess is harder than others. it gets to a point where it feels like the food is just chilling in your stomach and refuses to be digested.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Ive read that long term marijane usage can lead to short term memory loss and the development of mood disorders like bi-polar and schizsophrenia (sp?).

Lowered sperm counts, stored THC in bodyfat shows up in drug test for up to 30 days in your urine, over 90 in your hair and for up to 6 in your body fat.

Police will soon be conducting roadside drug testing, dont remeber what kind thos, sorry. Pot could ruin your life.

Mind you this is all from memory and if i am wrong i will blame pot, lol.

EatMeat

EatMeat

Awards
stored THC in bodyfat shows up in drug test for up to 30 days in your urine, over 90 in your hair and for up to 6 in your body fat.

Police will soon be conducting roadside drug testing, dont remeber what kind thos, sorry. Pot could ruin your life.

Mind you this is all from memory and if i am wrong i will blame pot, lol.

While THC is stored in body fat and will do so until all is metabolized, the standard cutoff point of 50 is actually pretty high. It is presumably that way to safeguard against false positives, The only way you are going to be above that cutoff is by actually ingesting thc, no amont of advil or any other rumored junk will give you a false positive.

Now marijuana is potentially useful if you are trying to bulk, because of it's obvious effects on appetite.

as we are a physically active bunch who are constantly stuffing our faces with food and pushing our bodies to the limit, we tend to have Very high metabolisms. Many of us have extremely low bodyfat and relatively high muscle mass. (FAST metabolism!)

Those things allow us to pass through much more crap than the average person.

at 10-15 percent body fat, you would need to smoke quite a bit in one lone sitting to be above the cutoff of 50 after just 4days.

Of course if you are a 40% fat sedentary blob of sloth who smokes tons, you can still test dirty after even 40 days.

So you see, the amount of time that thc remains traceable in urine is entirely related to the amount of fat on your body.

you can burn off about 18 ng/l per day at about 15% body fat, and probably around 22ng/l per day at 9 %.

and that is a rate that is declining very fast.

In 10 years we may see roadside testing become commonplace, but not now.

I wouldnt be worried about effects on estrogen.
Watch Terminator and tell me if you see any signs of elevated estrogen levels :thumbsup:

Now the drawbacks are that it makes us lazy, not want to do much. that is why i refuse to do it regularly. because when i do it, i dont do much of anything else that actually matters. i can do it and still lift and (eat), and a lot of other things, but i dont want to interact with people, and i cant find the motivation to do anything unless it yields some sort of instant gratification.