Question on injecting

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
During the aspiration if you do hit a vein and you see blood and have to re inject will you have to use a new needle? Also will what you have in your needle be used or will you have to start all over and discard whats in it?

eros62d

eros62d

Awards
During the aspiration if you do hit a vein and you see blood and have to re inject will you have to use a new needle? Also will what you have in your needle be used or will you have to start all over and discard whats in it?
I change out the needle but don't discard whats in the barrel. Why would you,its just your own blood? Never had any probs doing this.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
always change the needle after a bad stick

josephd79

Awards
Just more info

It's important to explain why. When you first open a needle, it's the sharpest it's ever going to be. Once you prick your skin, it's blunted. You can use it again, but it may hurt more as it's not as sharp... though I've done it a few times in the past. It's important to wipe your whole area with a alcohol wipe.

I'm sure you know to use a different needle than the one you draw the oil with. You can save that needle and draw with it many times.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Ive posted this before, but I guess it bears repeating....

Attachments

WeightShift

WeightShift

Awards
  • Established
Aside from the pain for a dull needle... you're more likely to cause an abscess resulting from tissue damage.

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
It's important to explain why. When you first open a needle, it's the sharpest it's ever going to be. Once you prick your skin, it's blunted. You can use it again, but it may hurt more as it's not as sharp... though I've done it a few times in the past. It's important to wipe your whole area with a alcohol wipe.

I'm sure you know to use a different needle than the one you draw the oil with. You can save that needle and draw with it many times.
Actually did not know this. So draw the oil and then put it in a new needle to inject?

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I would get 3cc barrels with 23G 1" needles on them...use that to draw..then change that out with a new 23G 1" or 1.5" (or whatever you prefer) and inject. If you aspirate blood: pull out, change needle, and try again.
I buy a box of 20 guage syringe w/ needle, and use one of those to draw....the oil will flow MUCH better with a larger pin, and then you can swap out to the new needle like Gixxer says...

holy

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Tissue damage from needle will not cause an abscess. Abscesses are infections, an inflammatory response to a pathogen.

Correct, and even a sterile abcess is not from tissue damage from an injection...

holy

josephd79

Awards
I've done it many times

I would not recommend saving a needle and designating it as the "drawing" needle...why would you want to stick a dirty needle in your sterile gear? Incredibly stupid.
I stand by my directions to use a 'drawing' needle. You still want to use alcohol on anything you touch, including the rubber top (if you leave it on, many pop it off), or on the ampule. I used a larger pin to draw, and a smaller one to stick. You're under some serious misconceptions if you think the gear from Pakistan or Mexico is perfectly sterile, by American standards, every time.

To CMP007, you will notice a huge difference by changing needles. In fact, I can't imagine how you've been doing it thus far without swearing to high heaven every time you used that needle you used to draw. Anyhow, I always used my thigh, which has no surface nerves so you don't feel any pain any way.

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
To CMP007, you will notice a huge difference by changing needles. In fact, I can't imagine how you've been doing it thus far without swearing to high heaven every time you used that needle you used to draw. Anyhow, I always used my thigh, which has no surface nerves so you don't feel any pain any way.
I haven't started my cycle yet so I haven't stuck myself. Trying to get all the info before I do

josephd79

Awards
Once again

Gixxer, you're the same guy that gave me a hard time on a previous post regarding putting size on arms with Squats, to which I posted a very good response with evidence and you must have been humbled as you chose not to reply.

Again, you choose to condescendingly go after my replies with laughter...

With 4000+ posts and a join date of only a year and a half ago, it's hard to believe you have any time to go to the gym...

WeightShift

WeightShift

Awards
  • Established
Like I said, tissue damage from a needle will not cause an abscess.

I realize the existence of sterile abscesses, had a couple myself, not what I was talking about.
Thanks for the correction. I guess I was confusing abscesses with cysts. So what exactly constitutes a sterile abscess and how did you contract yours?