Finasteride (Proscar) with Test E

barrybigtime9

Awards
Hey guys am new to these forums so hey! I am starting my first cycle of test enanthate at the ripe old age of 23 after a good 3 solid years of gym work.

After searching the forum and reading the sticky about hairloss I am wondering if 1mg of Proscar (Finasteride) a day is enough to prevent DHT build up on the scalp with 500mg of Test E. Alternatively I am aware of 5mg tabs which are available in which case would one a week suffice?

Cheers and look forward to sticking around!

citystreets

Banned
Awards
  • Established
for 500mg of test 2.5mg of finasteride would do. So half a pill. As far as protection against hair loss goes, thats a hit or miss. Problem is the excess non reduced test can still attach to the AR at the scalp and cause hair loss.

sitries

Awards
dude, thats not great advice. finasteride comes with side effects! it increases estrogen causing a higher risk of gyno whilst on test. plus it can seriously **** with your sex drive. The best protocol is to use as little as possible to stop DHT. studys report that this can be as low as 0.1mg per day!!!! so 2.5mg is overkill. on my 1st 2cycles i used 1mg per day and that did the job massively. my current cycle im using 1mg every 2days and its working for me so far. the reason iv dropped it is coz i got gyno on my last cycle of test alone and i attributes this to the fina.

if i were you id do 1mg per day and that is MORE than enough!

barrybigtime9

Awards
dude, thats not great advice. finasteride comes with side effects! it increases estrogen causing a higher risk of gyno whilst on test. plus it can seriously **** with your sex drive.
Yeh I read how much it messes with you so I a gonna have some Letrozole (Femara) or Arimadex on hand. And then obviously Nolva for PCT.

I was wondering sitries, how are you noticing that 1mg EOD is working for you? How long into your cycle are you?

Cheers for the input guys!

citystreets

Banned
Awards
  • Established
AI with finasteride and test is a given. Let us know how it works out when you run the cycle

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys am new to these forums so hey! I am starting my first cycle of test enanthate at the ripe old age of 23 after a good 3 solid years of gym work.

After searching the forum and reading the sticky about hairloss I am wondering if 1mg of Proscar (Finasteride) a day is enough to prevent DHT build up on the scalp with 500mg of Test E. Alternatively I am aware of 5mg tabs which are available in which case would one a week suffice?

Cheers and look forward to sticking around!

1mg of proscar with .5mg Adex EOD would be the best solution.

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
Just to add, I find that 1 mg Finast ED (research chem) helps with keeping my skin clear of pimples while on Test.

barrybigtime9

Awards
1mg of proscar with .5mg Adex EOD would be the best solution.
Yeh your right. I liked the idea of letrozole simply because of its sheer strength and the fact it would dominate any gyno.

One of the most informative websites I have found is on the hairloss-research.org website under steroids and hairloss. It has a decent summary of just about any anabolic including M1T which I have seen a few threads about with regards to hairloss...

Cheers

sitries

Awards
i know that 1mg per day works for me coz iv run 2 cycles and had no hairloss!! simple as that really.