Joint pain on cycle? - AnabolicMinds.com

Joint pain on cycle?

Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.

Joint pain on cycle?

Okay, so here goes.

Been on PP and currently on bridge to SD. Done this bridge before but never had this problem, and I think I'm going to halt my cycle altogether.

I am having severe joint pain in my hips. Started during squat and dead training a few weeks ago, and it's just gotten worse and worse until I thought I was going to scream last night during training. Now, my hips hurt like hell the next day. It feels like I have no cartilage or something like that. Not muscle pain, but deep joint pain.

Also, I've been getting bad knee pain in my left outer knee, near the maniscus. But it feels deep as well. I feel sharp pains when I use the leg press maching (so I halted that training altogether). Now I can feel it when I sit down. It's a severe sharp pain, but usually only lasts for a brief second when I'm in the process of sitting down.

Now, what I'm wondering is if my cycle has anything to do with it. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I'm going to halt my cycle and probably just pay to go to a rheumatologist (I have sh!tty insurance). It's gotten quite painful and I'm pretty worried about it. Took 800mg of ibuprofen earlier, and I take a massive dose of glucosamine/chondroitin already. Took some MSM also in hopes it would help with it's anti-inflammatory properties.

This all also seems to have started when I started squatting with a slightly wider stance, and deadlifting with a wider stance. I've looked though, and it would seem that that would be easier on my hips and everything because I'm taller than average. At the same time, I didn't think it would cause this much pain in my hips, or the problem in my knee. Just sitting and typing this, my hips are throbbing.

Any input?

Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

I was just about to post about this. I am having this problem in my elbows. Started 3 days ago in my right elbow, and yesterday in my left. I've been taking Glucosamine & CSA for about 3 months now. Might hit up on the Ibuprofen tonight. I usually get this pain in my knees after a long ruck or 8-9 mile run(I'm severely flat footed), but never felt it in my elbows before.

sounds like you got too strong too fast bro, hit up glucosamine/chondroitin/msm. focus on form as strict as possible, feel the muscle working through the entire movement, also try doing higher rep sets it may alleviate some of the pain. stopping the cycle may be a good idea although pct will be hard if the joints are in pain.
    •   

Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

I've been taking Arthenol for joint support coupled with glucosamine. However, I did squats the other day and really felt it in my knees. Since then, I've been using the leg press and leg extention machines instead of the barbell tower -it seems to help. Also, rest at least 3 full days before hitting the same muscles (I'm sure you already know this ).
    Stats
    6'3"  191 lbs.

squats and deadlifts are the most injury prone exercises. try switching up the routine
    Stats
    5'5"  172 lbs.

I've had hip pain on and off now for a few years. When it's bothering me, it's usually right when I stand up after sitting for a while, or when I take a step sideways or something like that. I'll get a quick burst of pain right in the joint, and it sometimes feel like it might give out. Surprisingly, squats don't really hurt my hip, but they are starting to give me lower back pain, which I've had now for a good two years.

I basically just deal with it, and take aspirin or naproxen, which takes the edge off. I've had other joints too that have given me problems - had cortisone shots in the wrists, shoulder, and elbow at over the past 8 yrs. or so, so I just think I've inherited my grandmother's arthiritic genes. Luckily, those joints don't bother me nearly as much as they used to.

Sorry I can't give you any magical solution, but thought you'd like to know you definitely aren't alone. Let us know if you come up with something that helps.

Good luck bro!!
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by guapitomark View Post
    I've been taking Arthenol for joint support coupled with glucosamine. However, I did squats the other day and really felt it in my knees. Since then, I've been using the leg press and leg extention machines instead of the barbell tower -it seems to help. Also, rest at least 3 full days before hitting the same muscles (I'm sure you already know this ).
    Thanks for all the replies guys. My knee is actually getting worse too. Just trying to stack some wood today, bending my knees just far enough to grab the wheelbarrow sent shoots through my left knee. Getting a neoprene(sp?) brace tonight and I'll start with that.

Nephilim, that was actually what my coach was saying. He actually figured that my last few cycles, and my strength going up as fast as it has, has actually gone way too fast and now I'm paying for it. But I don't know why my joints would hurt as much as they do... I have been having slight ligament pain though.

And I know about the 3 days rule It was actually a weeks rest before doing the leg press... And it's extremely hard to cut deads and squats out of a routine, especially when they are so basic, and they are the basis for our powerlifting competitions! I'll keep you guys updated...

Similar Forum Threads

1. b12 and joint pain
    By Mad_Scientist in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 04:29 PM
  2. on cycle ..a-dex and joint pain
    By dra05ke in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 03:51 PM
  3. Joint pain with Tren cycle
    By rhodesman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13