hdrol and cholesterol

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From what I understand, hdrol doesn't have a bad cholesterol profile like mdrol and some of the others. This is probably my biggest concern with PHs. I was on a statin about a year ago because of elevated cholesterol, and it's now in a good range. I know everyone reacts differently, but has anyone ever seen their cholesterol levels jump significantly with hdrol? I'm thinking about going back on the statin regardless, just because I tolerated it so well and studies have shown they're very safe and effective for long term use. Just wondering what others have experienced regarding hdrol and cholesterol. Would the statin affect hdrol effectiveness in any way? What about Epi?

angel77

angel77

Awards
  • Established
Epistane will effect Chol. levels to an extent. Even 3rd week PCT I had LOW (good Cholesterol) but my bad Cholesterol was in check. Superdrol will definately effect the levels but everyone reacts differently. Make sure to pre-load Hawthorne Berry & Milk Thistle. Actually if your goin' M-Drol I'd spend the extra few bucks and buy AI Cycle support. That will cover everything. Cheers, angel77

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Any oral steroid will affect blood lipids. Some more or less than others. Just keep a check on it and make sure you do a proper pct to get them back in line. And if you can get blood test to confirm them, it is better.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Well, statins can be potentially liver toxic, and oral steroids are liver toxic. Bad combo IMO.

citystreets

Banned
Awards
  • Established
use cycle support i believe it has red yeast in it which helps. Use nolva in pct it has a positive effect on cholesterol. I got a blood test after my epi pct and my cholesterol came back as very healthy. I believe hdl was like 95 ldl low 40's

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the info Pem (and everyone else). I think I'll run the cycle and pct, then jump back on the statin for awhile instead of running them concurrently. Do you recall what your ldl/hdl was before the cycle? Neither seem to be really that bad, but I don't know where you started from. Your other panels look spot on.

At least I know I respond very well to the statin, so I wouldn't think a short term increase in chol levels would be too much of a problem before getting them back in a good range.

Thanks again bro!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the info Pem (and everyone else). I think I'll run the cycle and pct, then jump back on the statin for awhile instead of running them concurrently. Do you recall what your ldl/hdl was before the cycle? Neither seem to be really that bad, but I don't know where you started from. Your other panels look spot on.

At least I know I respond very well to the statin, so I wouldn't think a short term increase in chol levels would be too much of a problem before getting them back in a good range.

Thanks again bro!
in previous blood tests I have always had slightly high chol levels but normally not that high. I am getting more blood work soon so I will know more then.

WeightShift

WeightShift

Awards
  • Established
While you're on your cycle, try to stick to cleaner protein like chicken and fish to avoid extra cholesterol in your diet.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
While you're on your cycle, try to stick to cleaner protein like chicken and fish to avoid extra cholesterol in your diet.

Yup, good advice indeed... I've always loved red meat, but I think I'll go heavy on the turkey, tuna and chicken while on cycle.

Guess I should also cut out the brownies and ice cream as well, huh :frustrate

WeightShift

WeightShift

Awards
  • Established
Make sure the turkey isn't that packaged sandwich meat kind. That stuff is packed with nitrates. Get real deli turkey.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jim2509 Anabolics 36
clevelandsae Anabolics 3
Anabolics 6
Cycle Logs 2
Cycle Logs 0