p-plex disappointing?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.17%

p-plex disappointing?

i'm on my 3rd week of p-plex and I am not impressed.

155lbs 5'5. 12% bf

p-plex cycle: 20/20/30/30

fat: 90g
    carbs 200g
    protein 250g

I have not notice any strength gains or weight gain. Am I missing something here?

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Not enough calories
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

i dont know man, hows sleep pattern.... the doses seem low to me.

but i dont think you can always blame calories on everything, some people can gain on diets like that, but even with a little over maintence there shoulda been some decent gain.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%

He isn't even eating maintenance. That diet is probably somewhere around 2700 calories. An hour of intense lifting is gonna burn 500-700 calories which would put his actual maintenance at 2000-2200 calories if he was actually eating at maintenance. He should be over 3k at a minimum, imo
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.07%

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    He isn't even eating maintenance. That diet is probably somewhere around 2700 calories. An hour of intense lifting is gonna burn 500-700 calories which would put his actual maintenance at 2000-2200 calories if he was actually eating at maintenance. He should be over 3k at a minimum, imo
    ^^ totally agree.. I would say between 3500k to 4000k a day especially since your cycling make sure you get good cal intake and take your cycle to the next level! good luck!
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

yea i just did the math hes at like 2610, his maintence is APPROX 2500 if you use his weight in KG and multiply it by 35 (how they do it in hospitals and what not)... and then add on about 500-750 kcal and you get to 3000-3200 kcal.

soo your math was right!!!

but i will throw it out there, that people do actually maintain on lower then what their maitenence is. its very person dependant. and sometimes people can gain on maintence calories, it depends on the person, i know theres a few on this board.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.17%

damn, so this whole cycle is pretty much just wasted, I'll know better next time. Should I just save the rest and PCT now?
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.09%

nice catch!
  9. yea!!!!!
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i agree with all of the above,... but even with a lack of calories and diet i would think you would be getting AT LEAST some sort of gains. Phera was my very first cycle back in the day(the original of course) and due to my lack of knowledge at the time, my diet was dreadful. I cant rememebr the #'s, but i saw descent, noticable gains by the 3rd week. I dont know your age, or if this is your first cycle, but what kind of PP clone are you using. Just a thought, but it might be a crap clone.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.17%

CEL P-Plex batch 060508

i just started the 3rd week 2 days ago
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.6%

weird.... do you feel normal?do you get greater pumps? how are your workouts? i had really great experiences with p plex. maybe you should add another week. i would def up the callories but the way you make it sound it could be bad gear.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.17%

i'll up the calories, my weight on my db presses went up 5lbs, but I think that's just from training

side effects: I haven't felt anything besides being lethargic once in awhile
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.99%

If you're not even getting better pumps there's something wrong. Any oral that works will give me pumps and hardness within a few days.
    Mostly answered PM's
    Don't post on my profile, I don't read that stuff, PM me instead
    <------ Hard to believe, but I wasn't on any anabolics in the avatar shot
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by UnrealMachine View Post
    If you're not even getting better pumps there's something wrong. Any oral that works will give me pumps and hardness within a few days.
    I agree. If anything, you should be getting great pumps in the gym and feeling a little fuller. Could be bunk gear. Are you combining it with any serms or anything??
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.61%

This guy says he's getting NOTHING, nada, zero...that's str8 up weird(no strength, water gain, blood pressure, aggression, pumps). Regardless of his calories, he should be getting SOMETHING out of it even if it's just water weight....

When I ran phera plex, i dosed at 10mg for 2 weeks, and 20 mgs for 3 weeks and ATE 1,000 kcals BELOW maintenance, weighed in around 186 when i started and I stilled gained strength if nothing more. My weight, all 15lbs was mostly wet, but that's besides the point.

He is not even getting PUMPS? He's obviously suffering from something besides JUST lack of food intake.

Op, how many days did you tank on the doses? i.e. miss doses and what is your workout looking like? Is all the protein from just shakes and/or low quality protein?

and what type of fat and carbs are you taking in, good quality or sticky buns(no seriously, im serious)??

There is no ONE SIZE FITS ALL answer and without even mentioning the type of food your taking in or your workout scheme, your getting all types of advice from all angles.

wtf? Im calling total horsesh!t on this. Either your sh@t is complete bunk, or your just fcking off brah, no offense! seriously....
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  16. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.91%

Any libido increases after dosing? ..how about a lack of?

Phera,.. sadly to say, is not too kind to me. I keep hoping to get something out of it.

If your just a non responder somehow, I feel ya
  17. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.07%

You should have had at least a little more water retention... Even with low calories like that.. Just my thoughts though..
  18. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%

Goos advice here. You need food to grow - no matter what compound you're using.
  19. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.07%

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post

Goos advice here. You need food to grow - no matter what compound you're using.
    Nice. Nice avi
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.12%

I ran PP for 3 weeks then mixed in SD for week 3, then SD for an additional 3 weeks. PP did brilliant for me.

If you have 0 gains in all areas, throw the bottle away or adjust your diet and routine
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.93%

this is pissing me off. I think CEL is making some bullsh*t ass batches. I've seen these threads to many times and they always seems to be p-plex
  22. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.14%

Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox View Post
    this is pissing me off. I think CEL is making some bullsh*t ass batches. I've seen these threads to many times and they always seems to be p-plex

Usually with CEL it's their M-drol that's been question I think. Even before CEL was around there were quite a few non responders to plex. Not defending CEL because I have no affiliation whatsoever just saying if he's at 100cals over maintenance it's hard to see that much in 3 weeks even if he was a responder.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.99%

There are some nonresponders to Phera Plex, i remember there's at least 2-3 of them on these boards. But nonresponders occur at a low rate, and bad batches occur at a low rate, so it's hard to tell what's up.
    Mostly answered PM's
  24. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.67%

PP did jack for me. The original, not some clone. No pumps, no strength, no water weight, zero, zip and nada. FWIW
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.93%

yea if it was working you shouldn't need to even eat much to notice. You'd be loosing fat fast with your strength maintaining
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.92%

Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox View Post
    yea if it was working you shouldn't need to even eat much to notice. You'd be loosing fat fast with your strength maintaining
    Well i hope so, i've just started a low dose p-plex cycle with a calorie deficient.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.93%

yea i really think its either non-response or bunk sh*t...i'm tired of hearing these problems wish we could get to the bottom of this...

people do use pheraplex, epi, etc to CUT you know....that means calorie defecit..tired of the f*cking you not eating enough b.s.

You can use the "not eating enough" crap if someone has gained 5lbs on phera with pumps/sweating/endurance/lethargy and was expecting more gains

Generally what happens is you make gains, not as much strength/weight but you will at least maintain and become LETHARGIC because of the lack of carbs/calories, while you loose fat
  28. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

sounds like the gear imo. 30mg for a 150lber and nothing? thats BS, either you have no clue how to train or the stuff isnt phera or isnt dosed right. i had a very good cycle with the Orig Pheraplex at bumping from 10mg all the way to 35mg.
  29. yea!!!!!
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    sounds like the gear imo. 30mg for a 150lber and nothing? thats BS, either you have no clue how to train or the stuff isnt phera or isnt dosed right. i had a very good cycle with the Orig Pheraplex at bumping from 10mg all the way to 35mg.
    yup agreed, same here on the latter,.. i dont think i ever went that high, it was my first cycle, and I think i went up to 20mg, although it was waaay long ago. After that being my first cycle I think i was the happiest man alive, seeing the gains i did off a not too impressive diet.
  30. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.5%

I'm Taking epi 30 mg daily just about to start 4th week with "below maintenace" calories.

I'm up a few pounds, losing around the waist with moderate strength and size gains.

Maybe it because i have quite a reserve of BF to burn as energy..but it is working great.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.57%

Exactly. Anyone saying 30mg of phera isn't enough is definately crazy. I ran DMT at 25mg and had great results in both weight and strength gains and I am definately much heavier than 150lbs. Even on a calorie deficient diet a person should see hardening and pumps in the gym. The training could also be the issue though.
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by eagle74 View Post
    I'm Taking epi 30 mg daily just about to start 4th week with "below maintenace" calories.

I'm up a few pounds, losing around the waist with moderate strength and size gains.

Maybe it because i have quite a reserve of BF to burn as energy..but it is working great.
    Same here to a T. I've got 10 days left before PCT.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.45%

Up the dose 2 50mg a day. Try to up your carbohydrates. Try this for a week. If your not getting awsome pumps then throw it out.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dezzy84 View Post
    Up the dose 2 50mg a day. Try to up your carbohydrates. Try this for a week. If your not getting awsome pumps then throw it out.

Are you referring to the OP ??
  35. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by crazilyfter42 View Post
    Exactly. Anyone saying 30mg of phera isn't enough is definately crazy. I ran DMT at 25mg and had great results in both weight and strength gains and I am definately much heavier than 150lbs. Even on a calorie deficient diet a person should see hardening and pumps in the gym. The training could also be the issue though.
    yeah, i even backed down from 30mg cuz of sides, i thought 25mg was perfect and i was around 190 at the time so something is up. Maybe the OP doesnt know how to notice changes in his body that well... like you said, even in calorie deficet you would notice effects of a steroid. Even if the CEL PPlex was somehow DHEA you would still notice something.
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.99%

I know i've run PPlex twice

First time: bulking, put on 10 pounds pretty quick, but pretty crap quality weight and my strength didn't increase in proportion to the weight (i put on about 20 pounds on bench and squats which all disappeared in PCT), no sides.
    I did 30/30/30 and another 3 days at 30 (24 days total)

Second time: recomping, went up about 2 pounds, leaned out a little bit but not much, strength went up maybe 5 pounds on my lifts (negligible). No sides.
    Ran it 30/40/50/50. Stacked with Trenadrol at 90mg for 2 weeks but that stuff didn't do anything so i dropped it.

I definitely get the effects from Phera, i.e. muscle hardness, way better pumps, good workouts. When i was bulking the strength came very late in cycle and when i was recomping it just never came. I'd say I don't respond much to Phera and i'd certainly call it disappointing, both times I ran it. I'll probably never touch it again lol.

50mg and no sides, sometimes I feel like my stuff isn't legit but this is really how i respond to most orals i've tried so i'm just not lucky.

@ op once again bad batch or you are a complete nonresponder i'd bump the dose up high if you still get nothing out of it, just don't touch the stuff again. Find what you do respond to.
    Mostly answered PM's
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.93%

yeah, i even backed down from 30mg cuz of sides, i thought 25mg was perfect and i was around 190 at the time so something is up. Maybe the OP doesnt know how to notice changes in his body that well... like you said, even in calorie deficet you would notice effects of a steroid. Even if the CEL PPlex was somehow DHEA you would still notice something.
    how do you run 25mg? Theres 5mg caps?
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.99%

no but there's 10mg caps and 15mg caps (older PPlex is 15mg)

but you can always empty out the powder
    Mostly answered PM's
  39. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

you use a brand that rocks 10mg caps and a brand that packs 15mg caps, a bottle of each. I used pheraplex and pheramax.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pplex is disappointing me...
    By Problem in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 09:18 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-23-2006, 05:36 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2006, 01:28 AM
  4. How VERY disappointing
    By CROWLER in forum General Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-15-2005, 09:18 PM
  5. Somewhat disappointing T-4 results...
    By Jcc in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-19-2003, 03:46 PM