p-plex disappointing?

doclau

Awards
i'm on my 3rd week of p-plex and I am not impressed.

155lbs 5'5. 12% bf

p-plex cycle: 20/20/30/30

fat: 90g
carbs 200g
protein 250g

I have not notice any strength gains or weight gain. Am I missing something here?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i dont know man, hows sleep pattern.... the doses seem low to me.

but i dont think you can always blame calories on everything, some people can gain on diets like that, but even with a little over maintence there shoulda been some decent gain.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
He isn't even eating maintenance. That diet is probably somewhere around 2700 calories. An hour of intense lifting is gonna burn 500-700 calories which would put his actual maintenance at 2000-2200 calories if he was actually eating at maintenance. He should be over 3k at a minimum, imo

HEARTLESS

Awards
He isn't even eating maintenance. That diet is probably somewhere around 2700 calories. An hour of intense lifting is gonna burn 500-700 calories which would put his actual maintenance at 2000-2200 calories if he was actually eating at maintenance. He should be over 3k at a minimum, imo
^^ totally agree.. I would say between 3500k to 4000k a day especially since your cycling make sure you get good cal intake and take your cycle to the next level! good luck!

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established

yea i just did the math hes at like 2610, his maintence is APPROX 2500 if you use his weight in KG and multiply it by 35 (how they do it in hospitals and what not)... and then add on about 500-750 kcal and you get to 3000-3200 kcal.

soo your math was right!!!

but i will throw it out there, that people do actually maintain on lower then what their maitenence is. its very person dependant. and sometimes people can gain on maintence calories, it depends on the person, i know theres a few on this board.

doclau

Awards
damn, so this whole cycle is pretty much just wasted, I'll know better next time. Should I just save the rest and PCT now?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
nice catch!

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
i agree with all of the above,... but even with a lack of calories and diet i would think you would be getting AT LEAST some sort of gains. Phera was my very first cycle back in the day(the original of course) and due to my lack of knowledge at the time, my diet was dreadful. I cant rememebr the #'s, but i saw descent, noticable gains by the 3rd week. I dont know your age, or if this is your first cycle, but what kind of PP clone are you using. Just a thought, but it might be a crap clone.

doclau

Awards
CEL P-Plex batch 060508

i just started the 3rd week 2 days ago

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
weird.... do you feel normal?do you get greater pumps? how are your workouts? i had really great experiences with p plex. maybe you should add another week. i would def up the callories but the way you make it sound it could be bad gear.

doclau

Awards
i'll up the calories, my weight on my db presses went up 5lbs, but I think that's just from training

side effects: I haven't felt anything besides being lethargic once in awhile

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you're not even getting better pumps there's something wrong. Any oral that works will give me pumps and hardness within a few days.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
If you're not even getting better pumps there's something wrong. Any oral that works will give me pumps and hardness within a few days.
I agree. If anything, you should be getting great pumps in the gym and feeling a little fuller. Could be bunk gear. Are you combining it with any serms or anything??

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
This guy says he's getting NOTHING, nada, zero...that's str8 up weird(no strength, water gain, blood pressure, aggression, pumps). Regardless of his calories, he should be getting SOMETHING out of it even if it's just water weight....

When I ran phera plex, i dosed at 10mg for 2 weeks, and 20 mgs for 3 weeks and ATE 1,000 kcals BELOW maintenance, weighed in around 186 when i started and I stilled gained strength if nothing more. My weight, all 15lbs was mostly wet, but that's besides the point.

He is not even getting PUMPS? He's obviously suffering from something besides JUST lack of food intake.

Op, how many days did you tank on the doses? i.e. miss doses and what is your workout looking like? Is all the protein from just shakes and/or low quality protein?

and what type of fat and carbs are you taking in, good quality or sticky buns(no seriously, im serious)??

There is no ONE SIZE FITS ALL answer and without even mentioning the type of food your taking in or your workout scheme, your getting all types of advice from all angles.

wtf? Im calling total horsesh!t on this. Either your sh@t is complete bunk, or your just fcking off brah, no offense! seriously....

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Any libido increases after dosing? ..how about a lack of?

Phera,.. sadly to say, is not too kind to me. I keep hoping to get something out of it.

If your just a non responder somehow, I feel ya

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
You should have had at least a little more water retention... Even with low calories like that.. Just my thoughts though..

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Goos advice here. You need food to grow - no matter what compound you're using.

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
I ran PP for 3 weeks then mixed in SD for week 3, then SD for an additional 3 weeks. PP did brilliant for me.

If you have 0 gains in all areas, throw the bottle away or adjust your diet and routine

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
this is pissing me off. I think CEL is making some bullsh*t ass batches. I've seen these threads to many times and they always seems to be p-plex

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
this is pissing me off. I think CEL is making some bullsh*t ass batches. I've seen these threads to many times and they always seems to be p-plex

Usually with CEL it's their M-drol that's been question I think. Even before CEL was around there were quite a few non responders to plex. Not defending CEL because I have no affiliation whatsoever just saying if he's at 100cals over maintenance it's hard to see that much in 3 weeks even if he was a responder.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
There are some nonresponders to Phera Plex, i remember there's at least 2-3 of them on these boards. But nonresponders occur at a low rate, and bad batches occur at a low rate, so it's hard to tell what's up.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
PP did jack for me. The original, not some clone. No pumps, no strength, no water weight, zero, zip and nada. FWIW

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
yea if it was working you shouldn't need to even eat much to notice. You'd be loosing fat fast with your strength maintaining

ezza

Awards
  • Established
yea if it was working you shouldn't need to even eat much to notice. You'd be loosing fat fast with your strength maintaining
Well i hope so, i've just started a low dose p-plex cycle with a calorie deficient.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
yea i really think its either non-response or bunk sh*t...i'm tired of hearing these problems wish we could get to the bottom of this...

people do use pheraplex, epi, etc to CUT you know....that means calorie defecit..tired of the f*cking you not eating enough b.s.

You can use the "not eating enough" crap if someone has gained 5lbs on phera with pumps/sweating/endurance/lethargy and was expecting more gains

Generally what happens is you make gains, not as much strength/weight but you will at least maintain and become LETHARGIC because of the lack of carbs/calories, while you loose fat

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sounds like the gear imo. 30mg for a 150lber and nothing? thats BS, either you have no clue how to train or the stuff isnt phera or isnt dosed right. i had a very good cycle with the Orig Pheraplex at bumping from 10mg all the way to 35mg.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
sounds like the gear imo. 30mg for a 150lber and nothing? thats BS, either you have no clue how to train or the stuff isnt phera or isnt dosed right. i had a very good cycle with the Orig Pheraplex at bumping from 10mg all the way to 35mg.
yup agreed, same here on the latter,.. i dont think i ever went that high, it was my first cycle, and I think i went up to 20mg, although it was waaay long ago. After that being my first cycle I think i was the happiest man alive, seeing the gains i did off a not too impressive diet.

eagle74

Awards
I'm Taking epi 30 mg daily just about to start 4th week with "below maintenace" calories.

I'm up a few pounds, losing around the waist with moderate strength and size gains.

Maybe it because i have quite a reserve of BF to burn as energy..but it is working great.

crazilyfter42

Awards
Exactly. Anyone saying 30mg of phera isn't enough is definately crazy. I ran DMT at 25mg and had great results in both weight and strength gains and I am definately much heavier than 150lbs. Even on a calorie deficient diet a person should see hardening and pumps in the gym. The training could also be the issue though.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I'm Taking epi 30 mg daily just about to start 4th week with "below maintenace" calories.

I'm up a few pounds, losing around the waist with moderate strength and size gains.

Maybe it because i have quite a reserve of BF to burn as energy..but it is working great.
Same here to a T. I've got 10 days left before PCT.

dezzy84

dezzy84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Up the dose 2 50mg a day. Try to up your carbohydrates. Try this for a week. If your not getting awsome pumps then throw it out.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Up the dose 2 50mg a day. Try to up your carbohydrates. Try this for a week. If your not getting awsome pumps then throw it out.

Are you referring to the OP ??

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly. Anyone saying 30mg of phera isn't enough is definately crazy. I ran DMT at 25mg and had great results in both weight and strength gains and I am definately much heavier than 150lbs. Even on a calorie deficient diet a person should see hardening and pumps in the gym. The training could also be the issue though.
yeah, i even backed down from 30mg cuz of sides, i thought 25mg was perfect and i was around 190 at the time so something is up. Maybe the OP doesnt know how to notice changes in his body that well... like you said, even in calorie deficet you would notice effects of a steroid. Even if the CEL PPlex was somehow DHEA you would still notice something.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I know i've run PPlex twice

First time: bulking, put on 10 pounds pretty quick, but pretty crap quality weight and my strength didn't increase in proportion to the weight (i put on about 20 pounds on bench and squats which all disappeared in PCT), no sides.
I did 30/30/30 and another 3 days at 30 (24 days total)

Second time: recomping, went up about 2 pounds, leaned out a little bit but not much, strength went up maybe 5 pounds on my lifts (negligible). No sides.
Ran it 30/40/50/50. Stacked with Trenadrol at 90mg for 2 weeks but that stuff didn't do anything so i dropped it.

I definitely get the effects from Phera, i.e. muscle hardness, way better pumps, good workouts. When i was bulking the strength came very late in cycle and when i was recomping it just never came. I'd say I don't respond much to Phera and i'd certainly call it disappointing, both times I ran it. I'll probably never touch it again lol.

50mg and no sides, sometimes I feel like my stuff isn't legit but this is really how i respond to most orals i've tried so i'm just not lucky.

@ op once again bad batch or you are a complete nonresponder i'd bump the dose up high if you still get nothing out of it, just don't touch the stuff again. Find what you do respond to.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
yeah, i even backed down from 30mg cuz of sides, i thought 25mg was perfect and i was around 190 at the time so something is up. Maybe the OP doesnt know how to notice changes in his body that well... like you said, even in calorie deficet you would notice effects of a steroid. Even if the CEL PPlex was somehow DHEA you would still notice something.
how do you run 25mg? Theres 5mg caps?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
no but there's 10mg caps and 15mg caps (older PPlex is 15mg)

but you can always empty out the powder

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
you use a brand that rocks 10mg caps and a brand that packs 15mg caps, a bottle of each. I used pheraplex and pheramax.