Legal trouble q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4554

Awards
How much trouble could a person with no prior AAS history (and no legal problems at all in the last dozen or so years) get in if customs caught an overseas shipment coming in with some proviron and say a half dozen amps of sust? 15 amps? No trafficking, just for personal use.

When I order from an overseas supplier is it best to make up a name to have them shipped to and sign that name when it comes?

Thanks!!!

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How much trouble could a person with no prior AAS history (and no legal problems at all in the last dozen or so years) get in if customs caught an overseas shipment coming in with some proviron and say a half dozen amps of sust? 15 amps? No trafficking, just for personal use.

When I order from an overseas supplier is it best to make up a name to have them shipped to and sign that name when it comes?

Thanks!!!

dont do registered mail, and use western union...

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established

Thanks!!!
I'm assuming you're in the U.S.

You won't be in any trouble at all. For all you know, someone placed that order for you, under false representation, without your authorization and/or knowledge. Hell, you know no idea WTH this is all about, right?

If your order is nabbed by customs, they will prob. send you a nice letter notifying you. What do you do? Nothing. Ignore it. Do not respond. Do not call anyone. Do not drive there and look for siezed goods. Do do anything but nothing.

CAPEESH? Good.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad you asked that question cause there's a lot of brotology on this subject I should clear up.

Prior history or not has no bearing. If they intercept a package they'll do one of two things: Send you a letter (which you will ignore) or set up a controlled delivery. They can't charge you for what's in the package, cause technically they can't prove its yours. So what if you sign for it? Who wouldn't sign for a package that was mailed to them? It would be ODD not to sign, then you give them a motive.

They get you for what they find in your house. Always keep things locked up if you can, as they need a court ordered warrant to open a safe. If not, then clear your house around the time you expect the package. Bring **** over to your boys or something.

Hey Gix my memory could be wrong but didn't DEA bust one of the BIG Pro's wife just for signing for a package? Also if they did come in technically this post could be used as evidence correct if the home computer was out in the open? Thanks for the answers we need good posts with real info like yours above

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Glad you asked that question cause there's a lot of brotology on this subject I should clear up.

Prior history or not has no bearing. If they intercept a package they'll do one of two things: Send you a letter (which you will ignore) or set up a controlled delivery. They can't charge you for what's in the package, cause technically they can't prove its yours. So what if you sign for it? Who wouldn't sign for a package that was mailed to them? It would be ODD not to sign, then you give them a motive.

They get you for what they find in your house. Always keep things locked up if you can, as they need a court ordered warrant to open a safe. If not, then clear your house around the time you expect the package. Bring **** over to your boys or something.
Doesn't quite work that way. Plausible deniability isn't at easy to to raise in court as it is on a forum, where common sense trumps sound legal advice. Delivery has nothing to do with proving the case. All the Feds need is to establish a reasonable case of offer, consideration and acceptance, which is not the same as delviery. This is not murder, so motives are not an issue, but intent is. If they want to prove intent, and have those the elements, you can play stupid all you want and it won't work. Having said that, it actually looks worse if you try to conceal the transaction. Just send it, and if they intercept the package, you'll probably lose it...

xfreddyx

xfreddyx

Awards
Thats the first thing i read in this forum that makes me happy for being brazilian. Paying almost a hundred bucks for 5lb of ON gold standard whey sux, but don't have this kind of worries is nice :)

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
1.)First of all the word "motive" isn't reserved only for use in murder cases. "Intent" has no bearing when you decide whether or not to sign for a package. "Intent" to receive a package??? Sounds silly, doesn't it?

2.)I think we all understand the difference between delivering and receiving, thank you for the lesson though.

3.)Yes, I understand the Feds need to establish a reasonable case, and that is not something they can do just because you signed, taken delivery, or how you chose to word it "accepted" the package.

4.) If all the Feds needed to put you away was a signature for a package, why would they come with warrant in hand? The package is the gateway into the house, duh! You lose all "plausible deniability" (your word) when they find something else in your house..

5.) There is no "intent" unless you have a substantial amount, which turns into intent to distribute or whatever the damn word is.
I just hate to see bad adviced given out on these forums, especially when it's bad legal advice. Your understanding of motive is incorrect, but it doesn't matter here... I'd ask you to go back and re-read what I said. You are responding to what you had hoped I said, not what I actually said.

Anyway, your advice is wrong, and is not based on any legal knowledge, or at least I hope it's not!

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I am speaking from personal experience here...not what I think or what I heard...

Your priors WILL CERTAINLY have an impact on the amount of trouble you get in...it will have little to no bearing on whether they decide to send you a customs letter or do a controlled delivery, but the entire basis of your punishment is derived from two factors: the amount of units you are charged with, and your previous convictions...its easy to find, just google it. Also, units are defined as 1/2 cc is equal to 1 unit and 1 tab is equal to 1 unit. In other words, one amp is going to be considered two units and 50 tabs would be considered 50 units. There is no differentiation between mgs.

As far as the box, if you happen to deny delivery, you may possibly get lucky and they'll leave it at that...if you do anything other than that, they will come in and you WILL get charged for that box and everything else you have. Trying to say it isnt yours (after you've signed) may work as a hail mary, ONLY IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY OTHER INCRIMINATING THINGS AROUND, like steroid books, syringes, etc....

I have been through this with some people very close to me.....I am not speculating.

holy

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
what you ordered will not cause them to set you up with a controlled delivery. a guy who used to train at my gym ordered 20 kits of GH and yea they busted his ass, but in all my years ive never even had a package seized. keep orders within reason. Law enforcement isnt going for the guy ordering cycles, their going for the guy ordering 100 vials of test and other androgens and 5000 dbols.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
they want the big fish, but if they need to bone the little fish for info then they will.

russian roulette is the name of the game

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
what you ordered will not cause them to set you up with a controlled delivery. a guy who used to train at my gym ordered 20 kits of GH and yea they busted his ass, but in all my years ive never even had a package seized. keep orders within reason. Law enforcement isnt going for the guy ordering cycles, their going for the guy ordering 100 vials of test and other androgens and 5000 dbols.
Until May of this year, GH wasnt even Schedule III....

holy

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
really? damn i didn't know that, this happened in august so i guess it makes sense. i was honestly unaware of its legality, i always figured it was illegal. maybe that explains why recently all the prices on it have gone way up.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
they want the big fish, but if they need to bone the little fish for info then they will.

russian roulette is the name of the game
You're right. You roll the dice and hope for the best. Odds are in your favor on many levels. If you're not willing to take the risks, you shouldn't be in the game.

citystreets

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Remember this, That distributor who got busted outta TX very recently and ended up comitting suicide? Well he got caught because they intercepted a small package sent to a customer. They intercepted the package, arrested the reciever and the guy narked out the supplier! so they nabbed that dude on a small order on a fake name, what about that?

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
sounds like his shipping methods suck

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Some good and some real bad information in this thread:

If you get a letter or a phone call, do nothing, but your name might wind up on a watch list. Consider it a last warning, time to chill out, if not stop this method all together.

If you get a delivery, dont sign for it, dont sign anything, this might save you, might not, depends if you are already part of a larger investigation, especially if you have any priors.

Some seem to think little guys, buying little amounts wont get busted, it happens everyday. Three hundred 2mg winstol tablets may be personal use to you, and to "them" its possession with the intent to distribute tacked on for good measure.

So many real world variables, jurisdictional issues, judges willingness to grant warrants, prosecutors caseload and attitude, inter agency cooperation, task force operational(manpower) ability and active investigations, its hard to pinpoint what "will" actually happen, but what "can" happen is alot more serious than some have made out.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
just curious if anyone knows. would LE use a local legit mailman to deliver the goods? then pop u once u signed?

b4554

Awards
Wow a lot of good info. So:

1) I had one pkg delivered successfully. Should I then just use my real name instead of trying to make it look like I am trying to hide something and only order really small quantities and keep nothing in my house?

2) So I know it would vary depending on a lot of factors, but what kind of penalty would be possible if they did go after say a half dozen 250 sust's?

Thanks

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
just curious if anyone knows. would LE use a local legit mailman to deliver the goods? then pop u once u signed?
One incident Im aware of, undercover dressed as mailman, delivered package, got signature, about 30-45 seconds after that about 10 cars rolled up, dea and locals, went into house, if Im not mistaken, they had a no knock warrant to kick the door in. The package had 800 2mg winstrol tabs, which is about 40mg/day for a little over a month cycle, I think the person was charged with poss. and intent. for the package and additional stash of goodies.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Remember: Talking about steroid/illegal drug use on an internet forum is perfectly legal and the discussion aspect will NOT change

We do not discuss the acquisition of illegal steroids or drugs on this board.

AnabolicMinds.com Forum - FAQ: vBulletin FAQ

Talking about buying and/or selling steroids/illegal substances on an internet forum is illegal!

This activity is considered: conspiracy to traffic a controlled substance! This is a federal offense!

Status
Not open for further replies.