Newbie messed up first cycle - Help wanted for second cycle.

jbsurfer

Awards
I am a newbie to this forum and to training. Wanted to share the mistakes I have made so far and ask a few questions about them and my next cycle. I have spent a lot of time on the forum these last few days so I hope I am not asking too many questions that have already been answered.

First my stats:
28 years old. 240 lbs. 6'5''. Max bench 235lbs (so early days!)

I started training in March 08
Did 2 months of training with no supplements.
Then bought some Bold 200. Did 400mg a day for 4 weeks. Saw some good gains - but as this was the beginning of my training those gains may just be attributed to that. I read 400 a day is a low dose.

First mistake I made was I did practically no research before jumping into PHs. Just bought the bottle and away I went. So I didn’t buy Testabolan and frankly didn't even know what PCT was. After 4 weeks I didn’t have any sides and thought nothing of it.

Did another month of just creatine, protein, L-glutamine. Then the following month started on a cycle of OmnEvol. Still no research… I lasted 10 days on it. The gains were ridiculous! I put on serious size in no time. Problem was my balls were constantly tight, like I just got out of the ocean from a winter surf. Then by day 10 they were aching constantly too. So I stopped taking it. This was followed by 2 weeks of absolutely no libido at all. I still didn’t know what PCT was so I had done nothing about it.

Finally I did some research and found this forum and figured out what went wrong. BTW this is an amazing resource. Vitamin shops should really refer anyone buying PH type products to it first!

A few questions before I get into my next planned cycle questions.
- Was it normal for my nuts to tighten and ache on OmnEvol? I have read methys can cause your balls to "shrink" but I read this as the nut actually getting smaller rather than a tight sack.
- I know I should have taken a PCT but I think I got away with it ok. Am I OK to move on and do another cycle 2 months later, or should I run a SERM before I start?

OK on to my next cycle.
- I have started my next cycle. - 600mg Bold/day for 6 weeks + creatine, protein, L-Glutamine and BCAA
- Do I need to take Testabolan as well? At the same time as the bold or after the 6 week? I can't figure out if this is a PCT in its own right or something else.
- Then for PCT I got an OTC product called Novedex XT (6, 17-keto-etiocholeve-3-ol tetrahydropyranol], [3, 17-keto-etiochol-triene], [3,5,7-trihydroxy-4?-methoxyflavone]).
- Does anyone know if Novedex XT is any good for PCT? Do you think it is sufficient for a Bold cycle?
- I have read all the threads about SERM vs. OTC and my take-away was "why risk it, always PCT with a SERM". So I put an order in for Nolva (astrozen brand) (wont get it for 10-30 days though, so hopefully it will arrive in time - I know I should have got it first). What I want to know is whether there are side effect risks with taking Nolva? It scares me a bit taking cancer medication, but getting aching balls again scares me more.

This is a bit of a ramble so I bolded my questions throughout. I tried to include all the info people ask for but let me know if you need more info.

Thanks for any help you all can provide.

jbsurfer

Awards
Yeah I realize that now. Apparently one of the harshest out there!

I have had a 2 month break between the 10 days of OmnEvol and now. Is that not sufficient?

Also I have read the phrase "bloodwork" a number of times but I really dont know what it means. I assume you mean get a blood test? But what am i actually asking the doctor to test for?

partyman43

partyman43

Awards
  • Established
I am a newbie to this forum and to training. Wanted to share the mistakes I have made so far and ask a few questions about them and my next cycle. I have spent a lot of time on the forum these last few days so I hope I am not asking too many questions that have already been answered.

First my stats:
28 years old. 240 lbs. 6'5''. Max bench 235lbs (so early days!)

I started training in March 08
Did 2 months of training with no supplements.
Then bought some Bold 200. Did 400mg a day for 4 weeks. Saw some good gains - but as this was the beginning of my training those gains may just be attributed to that. I read 400 a day is a low dose.

First mistake I made was I did practically no research before jumping into PHs. Just bought the bottle and away I went. So I didn’t buy Testabolan and frankly didn't even know what PCT was. After 4 weeks I didn’t have any sides and thought nothing of it.

Did another month of just creatine, protein, L-glutamine. Then the following month started on a cycle of OmnEvol. Still no research… I lasted 10 days on it. The gains were ridiculous! I put on serious size in no time. Problem was my balls were constantly tight, like I just got out of the ocean from a winter surf. Then by day 10 they were aching constantly too. So I stopped taking it. This was followed by 2 weeks of absolutely no libido at all. I still didn’t know what PCT was so I had done nothing about it.

Finally I did some research and found this forum and figured out what went wrong. BTW this is an amazing resource. Vitamin shops should really refer anyone buying PH type products to it first!

A few questions before I get into my next planned cycle questions.
- Was it normal for my nuts to tighten and ache on OmnEvol? I have read methys can cause your balls to "shrink" but I read this as the nut actually getting smaller rather than a tight sack.
- I know I should have taken a PCT but I think I got away with it ok. Am I OK to move on and do another cycle 2 months later, or should I run a SERM before I start?

OK on to my next cycle.
- I have started my next cycle. - 600mg Bold/day for 6 weeks + creatine, protein, L-Glutamine and BCAA
- Do I need to take Testabolan as well? At the same time as the bold or after the 6 week? I can't figure out if this is a PCT in its own right or something else.
- Then for PCT I got an OTC product called Novedex XT (6, 17-keto-etiocholeve-3-ol tetrahydropyranol], [3, 17-keto-etiochol-triene], [3,5,7-trihydroxy-4?-methoxyflavone]).
- Does anyone know if Novedex XT is any good for PCT? Do you think it is sufficient for a Bold cycle?
- I have read all the threads about SERM vs. OTC and my take-away was "why risk it, always PCT with a SERM". So I put an order in for Nolva (astrozen brand) (wont get it for 10-30 days though, so hopefully it will arrive in time - I know I should have got it first). What I want to know is whether there are side effect risks with taking Nolva? It scares me a bit taking cancer medication, but getting aching balls again scares me more.

This is a bit of a ramble so I bolded my questions throughout. I tried to include all the info people ask for but let me know if you need more info.

Thanks for any help you all can provide.

#1... if you feel like your body isn't right for anyreason then see a doctor..thats 1st and foremost....

#2...you should wait at least 4 to 6 months between your next cycle to allow natural test levels to come back...

#3...yes there are side effects to taking Nolva just like there are sides to taking other supps.(PHs)....

I RECOMMEND THAT YOU SEE A DOCTOR IF NEED BE AND CONTINUE MORE RESEARCH BEFORE GETTING INTO ANY MORE PH CYCLES....YOU HAVE A FEW MONTHS TO WAIT ANYWAY SO THAT SHOULD BE PLENTY OF TIME TO RESEARCH PROPERLY....

Do a search and Check out the "OTC PCT GUIDE" thread done by user name"dmangiarelli"...its very helpful

Also make sure you read some of the helpful sticky threads at the beginning of the forum(top of screen)

Good Luck

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You started lifting in march and you are starting cycle 3?

You have absolutely no business cycling whatso-****ing-ever. Why the dependency, you will never know how to train or eat if the only variable you change is what steroid you're using.

Just wow. WOW. Stop cycling and learn how to lift properly first. I'm amazed that anyone would try to help you juice more when it's obviously something you don't need and don't deserve.

jbsurfer

Awards
Wow OK. From ya'lls reaction looks like I seriously fcuked up. I admit I had no idea what I was doing when i got into this. I am just trying to figure out what to do now.

Didn't know I was supposed to wait 4-6 months between cycles.

I felt fine after a week off the OmnEvol. Feel fine now. Sounds like I shouldnt even do another Bold cycle for a while.

So I think I need to stop. Should I take any PCT now then? If so what? What about this OTC I mentioned earlier called Novedex (I looked at the OTC sticky but couldnt find anything similar there).

jbsurfer

Awards
I have already started the Bold for a week. Do I just stop it now, cold turkey?

partyman43

partyman43

Awards
  • Established
Wow OK. From ya'lls reaction looks like I seriously fcuked up. I admit I had no idea what I was doing when i got into this. I am just trying to figure out what to do now.

Didn't know I was supposed to wait 4-6 months between cycles.

I felt fine after a week off the OmnEvol. Feel fine now. Sounds like I shouldnt even do another Bold cycle for a while.

So I think I need to stop. Should I take any PCT now then? If so what? What about this OTC I mentioned earlier called Novedex (I looked at the OTC sticky but couldnt find anything similar there).

Had you done proper PCT on your previous cycle you could get away with only waiting 2 or 3 months, but since you didn't and you don't know what natty test levels are then you should wait at least 6 months

Pavlovs Vodka

Pavlovs Vodka

Awards
It would be erring on the side of caution to use novla 20/10/10... it's up to you.

jbsurfer

Awards
OK. Thanks for all your advice. I am going to head off to the doctor and get bloodwork done and make sure I haven't done myself any damage.

I feel fine but looks like I have over done it. Thanks again.

bb4life

bb4life

Awards
  • Established
get your bloodwork done... and stay off cycle for a while. it would probably help for you to get on a test booster and run it for 8 weeks or so...

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
get your bloodwork done... and stay off cycle for a while. it would probably help for you to get on a test booster and run it for 8 weeks or so...
Agree 100% get your bloodwork to make sure you have not screwed up your system a cycle should be the least of your priorites right now. Good luck.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"normal" is a hard word to say for sure, but its not completely unusual no, either the turtling up or some pain

rugrat5288

Awards
Dude try some of the wonderful things out there besides steroids. give dthc or drive/rpm a shot. many good products you can use that won't have you thinking or knowing you've messed up your body. even with mild steroids you may not see the gains you thought you would then you feel like you just risked your health for nothing. workout for the long run. say to yourself i want to look like this or lift this much in a year, not in the lenght of a cycle. Then at the end of that year IF you feel you need to run a cycle and have spent the time off cycle perparing your run and pct then by all means your probably ready to give it another try. i allow myself 1 run in the fall every year and plan on it most of the year. LOL.

jbsurfer

Awards
Dude try some of the wonderful things out there besides steroids. give dthc or drive/rpm a shot. many good products you can use that won't have you thinking or knowing you've messed up your body. even with mild steroids you may not see the gains you thought you would then you feel like you just risked your health for nothing. workout for the long run. say to yourself i want to look like this or lift this much in a year, not in the lenght of a cycle. Then at the end of that year IF you feel you need to run a cycle and have spent the time off cycle perparing your run and pct then by all means your probably ready to give it another try. i allow myself 1 run in the fall every year and plan on it most of the year. LOL.
Thanks. i'll look into dthc or drive/rpm and steer clear of the PHs for a while.

Will also run the Novadex after I get my blood work back. From the reviews I have read since my last lot of questions it seems Novadex is a good OTC PCT that will block estrogen and let my body get back into normal test production naturally.

Thanks again all.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1st off: Kudos for repeatedly admitting your screwed up and taking the steps to learn. Let us know how the bloodwork results turn out. Hopefully your T levels are OK, and you haven't messed up your liver. You didnt mention any libido loss/major problems, so hopefully you're OK.

There has been lots of great advice, lay off the PH's for a bit. Do some research into workout programs, nutrients timings, then start off with the basics. Protein, Creatine, then try some Pre-WO supps, then look into some things like Natural Test Boosters (DTHC, Drive, etc). Once you've gotten a good workout routine down and let your body recover, then you can try a PH if you really want to but it's definitely not necessary. Also this time around, buy your PCT before your cycle :thumbsup:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 7
Training Forum 6
Anabolics 4
Supplements 4
Anabolics 9