Gaining size on arms

R

rombusempire

Awards
I have been hearing a lot about how if you want to gain mass on your arms, then you have to do heavy lower body exercises and then not to direct arm work.

Some say that it is beucase training lower body induces testosterone release.

Asusming that testsoetrone release frmo lower body training is not an issue (this IS teh steroid forum afterall), then does that 'theory' still hold true?

I see that the people with teh biggest arms (bodybuilders) do LOTS of direct arm work.

Is there some other mechanism by which doing lower body exercises induces arm mass increase other than testosterone release?

B DOG

B DOG

Awards
One thing that has helped me is to do HEAVY upper body, compound movements (bench, rows, presses). This forces your bi's and tri's to work harder to do those movements. I also found that doing less heavy arm work and more in the 10-12 "good" reps has helped. Other than that it's just genetics.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
there's nothing wrong with doing direct arm work. if your arms are under 15 inches, there IS something wrong with arm isolation exercises.

best compound movements for arms
triceps :
close grip bench
dips
biceps :
chin ups
barbell curl, with slight cheat

does that clarify the issue?

B DOG

B DOG

Awards
Remember, if your working hard on all your other body parts, you naturally are already doing alot of arm work. By adding in excess arm workouts or doing to many isolation movements you end up overtraining your arms, not good. Go big or go home.

B DOG

B DOG

Awards
By the way, doing heavy lower body will give you big legs. Don't listen to all the bs about test levels and all that. unless your using gear, those levels won't rise high enough, for any length of time to make any difference in your arm size. I'm not a doctor, but I would say that's a bit of a myth. Just line of crap for guys who won't admit they're on gear to explain why they got so huge.

Pavlovs Vodka

Pavlovs Vodka

Awards
Weighted hammer grip and narrow grip pullups are essential to my heavy arm training... I also am a huge fan of curls with a slight cheat (Arnold was a big fan of these... I am a big fan of Arnold)

As far as triceps... weighted dips, heavy skull crushers, NOT KICKBACKS.

Def agree that if your arms are under 14-15 inches you are spinning your wheels with a lot of isolation exercise. Although I feel some (30 minutes a week) are good, as you can learn proper form at lower weights.

As far as "what body builders do". To use an Arnold analogy. Body building is like slapping clay onto your body and molding that clay. Arm Isolation exercises mold the clay. They do not slap it on. Heavy compound movements, eating like a monster, and good rest slap clay on.

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
i think squats boost test. i have been natural for a while now. just started doing heavy squats and dead lifts again. My testes grew, sex drive is up, and i get day long lasting pumps. I am convinced squats boost test when you are natural.....or it could be one hell of a placebo.

As for arm training. Try EVERYTHING. Find something that works for you. we are all different. I personally like doing a bicep day and a tricep day (each once a week on seperate days all by themselves). The rest of the days of the weeks im doing my regular compound exercises(bench squat deads rows pullups dips etc) to slap on that "clay".

Just dont keep your training set in stone keep trying things out.

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
i dont think you can compare to most pros because they are on ridiculous amounts of anabolics and respond to anything. Most pro bodybuilders also use Site Enhancing Oils to stretch and shape their arms.

Pavlovs Vodka

Pavlovs Vodka

Awards
You cannot honestly even begin to suggest that the amount of anabolics a pro uses deters at all from his work ethic. If that were the case then anyone with a source and a f'ing bowplex could go pro.

All the anabolics do is allow them more efficient recovery and protein synthesis so they can do more work. Its pretty safe to say that all pros dedicated themselves to a lifestyle that encouraged muscle recruitment before they went the anabolic route.

For a non BB analogy- Sammy Sosa did steroids. I bet you hundreds of dollars a baseball player could improve his homerun hitting potential by attempting to emulate sosa's training and swing.

You are kidding yourself if you think you can somehow take away from the work ethic and dedication bodybuilders have by saying "they do steroids, they'll respond to anything". Tell me, If pros respond to anything then why in the hell does ronnie coleman deadlift 600+ lbs for reps?????

J

josephd79

Awards
why is this in this forum?

A quick change I use to boost arms is the following:

Many times ppl do Chest/Tris and Back/Bis for obvious reasons. One variation is Chest/Bis and Back/Tris. This gives your arm muscles a newfound freshness when getting to Biceps on chest day as they shouldn't be 'paining' from pushing chest.

Another variation I use is Tris/Chest and Bis/back. I come in to the gym fresh and hit triceps, this allows me to go heavy arms and then hit chest. Another very good side affect of this is that when doing chest with weakened/burnt triceps, although your going lighter than normal, you're guaranteeing more chest stimulation because you KNOW your tris aren't doing much.

Of course, another trick is Chest/Back then two days later, Tris/Bis.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
i know many many pro competitors and only a handfull have used sinthol or another type of SEO. i knew a guy who used it in his calves and they got funky looking and never looked the same again after the fact.

T

tango

Awards
I usually mix it up and throw in soem 21's for the bi's every now and then gets em really pumped up, seems to be working for me at any rate.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
You are saying that if your arms are under 15" then one shouldn't be doing arm exercises? lol
no. if they're under 15 inches, isolation arm exercises won't do much for mass. IMO its better to do compound movements for mass, then do isolation once you've built a solid foundation.

sorry if i wasn't clear on that.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
In for the debate.

Squats, Deads and Bench......I believe they all make the body grow.......Arms included.

I also believe leg work(compounds) induces more HGH and Testesterone in the body.

My 2 pennies.

Squats and Deads FTW!!!!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
In for the debate.

Squats, Deads and Bench......I believe they all make the body grow.......Arms included.

I also believe leg work(compounds) induces more HGH and Testesterone in the body.

My 2 pennies.

Squats and Deads FTW!!!!
i could prove that with articles :)

though for very high GH release, the speed of the workout is as important, sometimes more, than the weights used.

SMD

SMD

Awards
Like Pavlos said weighted dips, heavy skull crushers for triceps....I'm also a big fan of close grip bench press.
Sunclouds recommendations are also good. I like doing bicep pullup using ropes....if you have them.

Go into a reverse press-up position with your arms outstretched. Keeping your elbows in tight just curl your arm up to your face making sure that your upper arm is still extended (so you not doing a rowing action)

sorry for the crap explanation but was worth an effort!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Why won't isolation exercises put mass on your arms if they are under 15"? That makes absolutely no sense that working out a muscle directly won't build that muscle. See how silly that sounds?
preacher curls aren't going to put serious size onto your biceps. there's no way it could possibly put more size on than say weighted chins.

that isolation could put on mass, is not in doubt. that its a much slower process is obvious, due to the lack of a compound (multi joint) movement. under 15 inches, its better to do the compound moves to get your arms bigger. once they get bigger, you can be a little more picky with the movement.

for example, if your arm workout consisted of :
tricep kickbacks
hammer curls
tricep pushdowns
preacher curls

there's no way it would equal the mass gains you could get from:
weighted chins
weighted dips
CG bench
cheating barbell curls

both of them will add some size, but the second exercise group will distinctly add more. no doubt in my mind. secondly, look at the weights used. tricep pushdowns are at most 80% of your body weight - and that's if you're strong. weighted dips, are body weight + some; mine is + 90 lbs. from the sheer amount of load placed on the muscle, there's no comparison. also, there's no way i could tricep pushdown 270 pounds.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Please explain to me how squats will directly make your biceps bigger.
from another post, but here's my answer:

it raises test levels for a few hours post workout. this will bind to any receptor that it can, most being in your legs, because of the increased blood flow to it, but also the rest of your body in smaller amounts, again provided there's an open receptor. its not going to spike test for a day - thats not what i'm saying. but it does increase your free flowing test, and makes all your muscles bigger.

i'd ask you to think about all the super skinny guys in the gym, and watch them train. you'll probably notice that they don't do squats or deads, and its probably their hanging point in their workout. diet is the other one obviously. here's some links which hopefully will clear the issue up.

As you may have already discovered, the squat is at the top of the heap (along with deadlifts) as one of the most effective overall exercises for stimulating body composition changes (muscle gain and fat loss). This is because exercises like squats and deadlifts use more muscle groups under a heavy load than almost any other weight bearing exercises known to man. Hence, these exercises stimulate the greatest hormonal responses (growth hormone, testosterone, etc.) of all exercises. In fact, university research studies have even proven that inclusion of squats into a training program increases upper body development, in addition to lower body development, even though upper body specific joint movements are not performed during the squat.

from : 13 Ways to Naturally Boost Your Testosterone Levels
To beef up your testosterone levels, the bulk of your workout should involve "compound" weight-lifting exercises that train several large muscle groups, and not just one or two smaller muscles. For example, studies have shown that doing squats, bench presses or back rows increases testosterone more than doing biceps curls or triceps pushdowns, even though the effort may seem the same. This is why doing squats could help you build bigger biceps.

Research indicates that the larger more involved excercises, like squats and deadlifts, will have the largest increase in Testosterone and Growth hormone. Although all resistance training has this effect, a curl for example, would have only a very small increase in Testosterone and Growth hormone.

from : The power of proper suqatting - Myths about squats, by Sean Nalewanyj
Squats have packed more muscle onto skinny frames than any other lift out there. Because of the degree of difficulty, squats also force your body to release higher amounts of important anabolic hormones, such as testosterone and growth hormone, thus resulting in total body muscle growth.

this also furthers the science behind compound movements and major muscle growth, with regards to post #23.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
taking this to PM's brotha - not gonna start an argument with a respected member on an open forum :) .

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
preacher curls aren't going to put serious size onto your biceps. there's no way it could possibly put more size on than say weighted chins.

that isolation could put on mass, is not in doubt. that its a much slower process is obvious, due to the lack of a compound (multi joint) movement. under 15 inches, its better to do the compound moves to get your arms bigger. once they get bigger, you can be a little more picky with the movement.

for example, if your arm workout consisted of :
tricep kickbacks
hammer curls
tricep pushdowns
preacher curls

there's no way it would equal the mass gains you could get from:
weighted chins
weighted dips
CG bench
cheating barbell curls

both of them will add some size, but the second exercise group will distinctly add more. no doubt in my mind. secondly, look at the weights used. tricep pushdowns are at most 80% of your body weight - and that's if you're strong. weighted dips, are body weight + some; mine is + 90 lbs. from the sheer amount of load placed on the muscle, there's no comparison. also, there's no way i could tricep pushdown 270 pounds.
preacher curls is all i used to get my bi's to 16.5"

i think you overestimate the importance of the "compound" exercises. I agree that weight counts but my bi's don't care how much my back is working and my tris don't care how much my chest is working.

I've never noticed too much difference. I stick to the heavier lifts, but the "isolation" exercises are good for squeezing everything out of the muscle with good peak activation and clean failure.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
preacher curls is all i used to get my bi's to 16.5"

i think you overestimate the importance of the "compound" exercises
. I agree that weight counts but my bi's don't care how much my back is working and my tris don't care how much my chest is working.

I've never noticed too much difference. I stick to the heavier lifts, but the "isolation" exercises are good for squeezing everything out of the muscle with good peak activation and clean failure.
quite possible. where did your arms start out at on just preacher curls? and did you get to 16.5 naturally or not?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
quite possible. where did your arms start out at on just preacher curls? and did you get to 16.5 naturally or not?
I mean when i started lifting, all i did for bi's were preacher curls and after a little over a year of natural lifting i got to 16.5

I'm close to 18" now but my favorite exercises are ez bar curls and hammer curls.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
I mean when i started lifting, all i did for bi's were preacher curls and after a little over a year of natural lifting i got to 16.5

I'm close to 18" now but my favorite exercises are ez bar curls and hammer curls.
damn! i would say that is very rare, but that's just me. either way, that's some serious progress! i'm an ecto, so my training, and my need for compound lifts are probably quite a bit different than yours :)

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Please explain to me how squats will directly make your biceps bigger.
What part of squats make the WHOLE body grow dont you understand?

Your right, I am wrong.

Isolations it is....

I'm out.

PS. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to suncloud again

Attachments

J

josephd79

Awards
Wow

Once again I see an argument started on this forum rather than continuing with constructive criticism. Let me add my .02

Remember the mantra.. if you want your bench to go up... SQUAT!

How does squat help bench?? Well, putting 225 pounds on your shoulders and balancing it while you squat to the floor and press, 10 times for 5 sets works everything. The reason you don't fold in half is Abs... the reason it stays on your shoulders is your arms, the reason you stand back up is legs. If you know how the old timers (Arnold, Columbo) squatted, they pressed up with everything upon coming up...shoulders & chest there.

Then the backend of growth, compound movements with heavy weight builds appetite... stimulates GH and Test release... gets blood pumping through every vein... legs account for 50 percent of your body.

If you start incorporating good squats and deads too, you'll find you'll be able to curl more as your whole bodyweight increases. Look at the strongmen from the Nordic countries, I know they do squats and deads much more than hammer curls (which are now proven to be a waste since the bicep is split vertically)...

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
In for the debate.

My 2 pennies.

Squats and Deads FTW!!!!
I have ALWAYS followed this compound exercises for total mass. I have even gotten away from a dedicated arem day. Granted my arms aren't huge, I believe you get plenty of arm exercise without it. If you incorporate pullups, you get plenty of arm builing along with back workouts. I'll see if I can find info to back any of this up.

J

josephd79

Awards
Sweet debate

1.) Hammer curls aren't a bicep exercise

2.) Why WOULD strongmen focus on arm isolation exercises? Its useless to THEM.

3.) Besides the bar RESTING on your shoulders, you are most definitely NOT using your shoulders or chest in a squat, sorry.

I think your number 2 point helps me more than you. Strongmen have HUGE arms and they probably DON'T focus on isolation exercises... which is the WHOLE point of this thread now. Squats build ALL muscle.

Your number 3 point missed my statement regarding "pushing with everything" during a squat. I squeeze and push up with shoulders and forward with chest, true the bar doesn't move but it gets those muscles I listed involved. The old timers, Ferigno, Columbo, Arnold all state 'Push with Everything'. In fact, with feet flat on the floor during bench, one should 'push with everything' like the power lifters claim.

I bet you think the weight belt is only for squat...

I'll give you half-points for #1... Hammer curls hit forearms primarily but many ppl use them for biceps.

dg806

dg806

Awards
  • Established
An abstract I found.

Multi-joint exercises, such as squats, that utilize large muscle masses are more effective than isolation exercises of smaller muscle groups (6)....
6. Hakkinen, K. and A. Pakarinen. Acute hormonal responses to two different fatiguing heavy resistance protocols in male athletes. J. Appl. Physiol. 74(2): 882-887, 1993

dg806

dg806

Awards
  • Established
I have also seen it stated in several articles that squats release more hgh than any other thing. But I don't know if that has ever been proven by blood test.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
from : http://www.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/75/116/

Acute Increases in Testosterone after Exercise are Essential!

The magnitude of the increase in testosterone can be affected by the amount of muscle mass used during exercise,18,19 intensity and volume,2 training experience20 and nutritional intake.

•18. Volek JS, Kraemer WJ, Bush JA, Incledon T, Boetes M.Testosterone and cortisol in relationship to dietary nutrients and resistance exercise. J Appl Physiol, 1997 Jan;82(1):49-54.

•19. Hansen S, Kvorning T, Kjaer M, Sjogaard G. The effect of short-term strength training on human skeletal muscle: the importance of physiologically elevated hormone levels. Scand J Med Sci Sports, 2001 Dec;11(6):347-54.

that's all i can find that are STUDIES. i still stand by what i said in PM though.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
i have to agree with almost everything gixxers has said here.. yea sure squats help put weight on your lower body but they wont make your arms grow. possibly adding 10lbs in total bodyweight to your lower body may add .25 of an inch to your overall arm size but that doesnt mean the squats are making your biceps magically explode with test and gh. again as gixxer also stated earlier the best way to grow is to simply use both compounds and isolations, they both have their purposes and when combined together in your training regiment will give the best results.

Pavlovs Vodka

Pavlovs Vodka

Awards
For me personally. 3 years of training isolation got me from 13.5 cold to 14.5 cold. 1 year of training compound got me to 17... after 3 months off I was still at 16.5.

Thats all I needed to know.

Bier

Bier

Awards
Response to original poster:
You can experiment it yourself. On arm day, do a few set of light squats before you start your arm workouts. You are not wasting calories on squats so don't go heavy on squats. Waste it on your arm workouts.

Only mechanism i can think of that makes impact is helping with blood circulations. And, I dont think anyone want to burn large amount calories on squat before arms. So my guess is that he probably meant to kick start a good blood circulations going by working on your legs with light squats. And you know great blood flowing will cause great pump when you are done.

My 2 cents.

J

josephd79

Awards
Final Word with my apology

Hello Gixxer,

My responses regarding squats help arms growth was a rebuttal to your following quote:

Working legs has nothing to do with your arms...NOTHING! There is no hidden mechanism that your arms grow with your legs. And if anyone disagrees please look at any olympic runner. Case and point.
I see in your last response to me you stated I'm missing your point, which I apologize for and my weight belt comment.

I still recommend pushing with everything during squats and you'll feel shoulders and chest that day and the next feel sore. It's how I was taught to squat by the big boys.

You'll have to try it for yourself or watch me squat with my shirt off so you can see the flexing of every muscle and consequent involvement of shoulders/chest. Obviously, this isn't an option since the bar will be cold... ;)

I found some info that I remember from the 80's. Believe it or not, the old timers used to increase their rib cage by doing "breathing squats"... (I can't wait for the response from this)

By squatting heavy, and staying in the squat position taking extremely deep breaths, would expand the actual bones of the rib cage. Below is some important information to prove some major points made thus far:

Squats, in their various versions, are the most effective overall strength exercises. Their benefits are not limited to developing lower body strength and endurance. Squats without additional resistance (weight), such as Hindu squats, strengthen knee ligaments, develop muscular endurance in the lower body, and improve lung function. This is why these squats, called baithak, together with one more exercise—Hindu push-ups—are an indispensable part of Indian wrestlers' training. These wrestlers, famous for their stamina, do several hundred deep squats every day (Draeger and Smith 1974). Squats with weights increase muscle and bone mass of your whole body—not just of thighs and hips but of the trunk, chest, shoulders, and neck. This is because squats with weights put heavy stress on a majority of skeletal muscles and most of the bones. The greater muscle mass mobilized in an exercise, the greater are the releases of hormones promoting growth of muscles, bones, and other fibrous connective tissues (Conroy and Earle 1994; Kraemer 1994). Muscle mass grows much less in women who lift weights than in men, so ladies need not worry about becoming bulky.

Breathing squats with weights, in which three or more deep breaths are taken before each squat, in addition to putting on mass very quickly, enlarge the rib cage (Strossen 1989). To learn more about the whole method of training with breathing squats, read Super Squats: How to Gain 30 Pounds of Muscle in 6 Weeks by Randall Strossen.

B DOG

B DOG

Awards
food

I was once told that any dumb monkey can go into the gym and throw iron around and even be really good at it. It's what you do in the hours and hours between workouts that counts. In fact I would say about 80-90%. If you don't have your diet dialed in, stay home until you do, or quit whining about modest to no gains. You gotta eat. Post your diet plan and I bet the whole thread takes a different direction. I wish you lots of luck. Remember, this isn't something you do to look good in a tank top, it's a lifestyle.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Hello Gixxer,

My responses regarding squats help arms growth was a rebuttal to your following quote:

I see in your last response to me you stated I'm missing your point, which I apologize for and my weight belt comment.

I still recommend pushing with everything during squats and you'll feel shoulders and chest that day and the next feel sore. It's how I was taught to squat by the big boys.

You'll have to try it for yourself or watch me squat with my shirt off so you can see the flexing of every muscle and consequent involvement of shoulders/chest. Obviously, this isn't an option since the bar will be cold... ;)

I found some info that I remember from the 80's. Believe it or not, the old timers used to increase their rib cage by doing "breathing squats"... (I can't wait for the response from this)

By squatting heavy, and staying in the squat position taking extremely deep breaths, would expand the actual bones of the rib cage. Below is some important information to prove some major points made thus far:

Squats, in their various versions, are the most effective overall strength exercises. Their benefits are not limited to developing lower body strength and endurance. Squats without additional resistance (weight), such as Hindu squats, strengthen knee ligaments, develop muscular endurance in the lower body, and improve lung function. This is why these squats, called baithak, together with one more exercise—Hindu push-ups—are an indispensable part of Indian wrestlers' training. These wrestlers, famous for their stamina, do several hundred deep squats every day (Draeger and Smith 1974). Squats with weights increase muscle and bone mass of your whole body—not just of thighs and hips but of the trunk, chest, shoulders, and neck. This is because squats with weights put heavy stress on a majority of skeletal muscles and most of the bones. The greater muscle mass mobilized in an exercise, the greater are the releases of hormones promoting growth of muscles, bones, and other fibrous connective tissues (Conroy and Earle 1994; Kraemer 1994). Muscle mass grows much less in women who lift weights than in men, so ladies need not worry about becoming bulky.

Breathing squats with weights, in which three or more deep breaths are taken before each squat, in addition to putting on mass very quickly, enlarge the rib cage (Strossen 1989). To learn more about the whole method of training with breathing squats, read Super Squats: How to Gain 30 Pounds of Muscle in 6 Weeks by Randall Strossen.

Thank you for that good post.

Most of it seems like commmon sense to me. There is no real rocket science behind it.

Personally, when i do ATG squats I feel my whole body push up the weight.

"There are two magical lifts--squats and deadlifts, everything else are just good movements or bad movements. They are the driver for (especially for drug free) overall body gains. The body tends to grow as a unit, and you make the unit grow by doing movements that work as much muscluature as possible. It's hard to have a 500 lb squat and small arms."

http://stronglifts.com/10-tips-to-get-you-bigger-biceps/

http://www.bodybuilding-tips.net/s20/t7760.html

A

abuleh

Awards
What helped me a lot on the arm size is:

After standard arms workout add 3 set of this:

Incline hammer curls (sitting on a bench). Try power pulses
about halfway up once you can’t do any more full reps.

I Do:

15 Kg 6-8 full reps until failure then halfway up until failure

right away change weight to:

10 KG only full reps until failure

right away change weight to:

5 KG full reps until failure then halfway up until failure

undergrips are also very good for arms.

~abuleh

M

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
good stuff in here i love Inclind DB curls, and 21's for iso on the bis, but gotta have barbell or ex curl bar in there. as for everything else gotta have your compound movements down and your DIET cant eat then you cant gain the way it is

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
You cannot honestly even begin to suggest that the amount of anabolics a pro uses deters at all from his work ethic. If that were the case then anyone with a source and a f'ing bowplex could go pro.

All the anabolics do is allow them more efficient recovery and protein synthesis so they can do more work. Its pretty safe to say that all pros dedicated themselves to a lifestyle that encouraged muscle recruitment before they went the anabolic route.

For a non BB analogy- Sammy Sosa did steroids. I bet you hundreds of dollars a baseball player could improve his homerun hitting potential by attempting to emulate sosa's training and swing.

You are kidding yourself if you think you can somehow take away from the work ethic and dedication bodybuilders have by saying "they do steroids, they'll respond to anything". Tell me, If pros respond to anything then why in the hell does ronnie coleman deadlift 600+ lbs for reps?????

I really didnt say pro bodybuilder dont work hard aand you are putting words in my mouth. they work very hard.... And i use steroids!!and i am not condemning anyone for use them. i hate when people say AAS users dont work hard its such bullSH!t! i work harder than most ever will.

BuT!...the truth is some who is injecting 10 Grams + of anabolics a week is going to respond much differently to someone natural or taking "regular" doses of AAS. or growth hormones.

and for the ronnie coleman comment he is a remarkable bodybuilder in terms of strength. But most bodybuilders train nothing like him.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Depends on person,.... although i will say majority of people will prolly get the best reults in terms of mass through compound/heavy exercises. Some weird people find that isolations might work better for them, Larry Scott being one of this people, who made preacher curls popular and attributed much of his mass to these. Arnold was opposite stating cheat curls and incline curls created much of his mass, (along with zottmans which he did when younger) and he has been quoted that preachers didnt do much for him, although he did start doing them near the end of his career, and began liking them. Point is, everyone is different, there are plenty of articles that state GH levels are vastly increased after doing the BIG exercise like deads and squats: okay. Great. But the only way to get your arms truely and significanly bigger is to find out which way works the best. I found mine after years of searching. Cheat curls with concentrations supersetted in between the cheat sets, no rest balls to the wall, and preachers to failure at the end. BAM! done,.... now go out and found out what makes ur bi's burn, eat, and go to bed.

Pavlovs Vodka

Pavlovs Vodka

Awards
I really didnt say pro bodybuilder dont work hard aand you are putting words in my mouth. they work very hard.... And i use steroids!!and i am not condemning anyone for use them. i hate when people say AAS users dont work hard its such bullSH!t! i work harder than most ever will.

BuT!...the truth is some who is injecting 10 Grams + of anabolics a week is going to respond much differently to someone natural or taking "regular" doses of AAS. or growth hormones.

and for the ronnie coleman comment he is a remarkable bodybuilder in terms of strength. But most bodybuilders train nothing like him.
10 grams?
ORLLY?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
10grams, i'm sure it's been done... not much tho lol

i remember reading about a guy doing 2.5g ew and he was a noob -- the reason he did that much is because he didn't understand the concentration

Depends on person,.... although i will say majority of people will prolly get the best reults in terms of mass through compound/heavy exercises. Some weird people find that isolations might work better for them, Larry Scott being one of this people, who made preacher curls popular and attributed much of his mass to these. Arnold was opposite stating cheat curls and incline curls created much of his mass, (along with zottmans which he did when younger) and he has been quoted that preachers didnt do much for him, although he did start doing them near the end of his career, and began liking them. Point is, everyone is different, there are plenty of articles that state GH levels are vastly increased after doing the BIG exercise like deads and squats: okay. Great. But the only way to get your arms truely and significanly bigger is to find out which way works the best. I found mine after years of searching. Cheat curls with concentrations supersetted in between the cheat sets, no rest balls to the wall, and preachers to failure at the end. BAM! done,.... now go out and found out what makes ur bi's burn, eat, and go to bed.
what kind of rep/set scheme do you follow for all that? I've taken to doing bi's on chest day supersetted between chest sets.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
10grams, i'm sure it's been done... not much tho lol

i remember reading about a guy doing 2.5g ew and he was a noob -- the reason he did that much is because he didn't understand the concentration

what kind of rep/set scheme do you follow for all that? I've taken to doing bi's on chest day supersetted between chest sets.
5 sets of cheat curls * Only my last set is really heavy and low rep, as my bi's only respond to higher reps, 10+), on the rest of the sets i could prolly get 4-6 strict reps, the rest is a lil body english/thrust.

usually : 1x15,1x12, 1x12, 1x10, 1x6 ( get six, bang out more to failure)

Drop the barbell and immediatly do bentover concentrations, i keep em all higher rep range, 1x15,1x15, 1x12, 1x12, 1x10. Take 30sec- 1min rest then go back to cheats.

When all done, finish with 5 sets of preachers, i go strict, all the way down, etc, etc,.... same rep range as concentrations. I usually do this for 2 weeks, then lower the reps, higher the weight to shock the bis, and then go back. This routine has been working great for 2 months now, and i now love bi day. hope this helps bro.