ready for my first cycle...need guidance

thething86

Awards
Hello guys,
I'm new to the forum, just wanted to introduce myself. I turned 21 a few months ago and would like to do my first cycle. I know test cyp is a very popular first cycle, what would you guys suggest to get me started? I am very disciplined, have been working out for over 5 years now and unlike some of the newbies out there I feel like I have a good foundation of knowledge about anabolics but would love to learn all I can about them. I know diet is key and training must be perfect while on cycle. I just need help getting started. I plan on talking to you guys for a long time before I start anything. So that's it, suggestions for a first cycle?

thanks

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
height
weight
bodyfat percentage
current maxes
goals

that's the info we like to hear first

thething86

Awards
yes sir I'm sorry I forgot to put those in my first post. I am 5'10 170 lbs around 11-12 percent I would say. I can see the outline of my outer abs so I would say on the edge around 12 percent. My maxes are as follows: Bench: 240 Squat: 275 Deadlift: 375 Not sure about things like shoulder presses and stuff: i have never done a max with those specific exercises. My goals are to gain a considerable amount of muscle while clearly getting my abs to show. My ideal cycle would be one that consists of easy to obtain compounds, not a lot of water retention(I would like to stay somewhat lean), and I know it sounds crazy but, a cycle that people wouldn't come up to me and say "Are you on roids!?!" I want steady but not over the top gains.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
I know it sounds crazy but, a cycle that people wouldn't come up to me and say "Are you on roids!?!" I want steady but not over the top gains.

what does ur diet look like?

Test Cyp @ 400mg/week for 10-12 weeks would be nice for slow steady gains

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
what does ur diet look like?

Test Cyp @ 400mg/week for 10-12 weeks would be nice for slow steady gains
Yeah that's a good outline

for the diet and training on cycle i find there's a loss of efficiency if you try to accomplish two things like bulking while getting leaner, you can do both but the overall magnitude of change you can affect will be greater if you dedicate the cycle to one thing such as bulking. This does not necessarily mean putting on fat but it entails an environment with a caloric excess and that is the easiest way to maximize your gains in muscle.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Welcome to AM!

I'd say that you should stay natty for a bit longer...5'10" and 170 says that you have a bit of gaining to do before you're ready.

thething86

Awards
In all honesty I probably will stay natty a bit longer, I'm just trying to soak up as much info as possible so when the time comes I know everything I'm doing like the back of my hand. I should probably mention that I have weighed as much as 202, but those stats are me at the present time.

My diet right now(I'm trying to bulk) consists of about 3600 calories with 90 grams of fat, 450 grams of carbs, and around 240 grams of protein. Six or seven meals a day, with a lot of the carbs coming around my workout time. Kind of like the anabolic diet in a way, I suppose.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Test cyp is a great first cycle,

what about starting off with something easier like Epi Hdrol bold or Trenx???

i would gain approx bout 10 more pounds natty before you start anything though

thething86

Awards
Oh don't worry I will be 190 by the end of winter I guarantee it:) I do not want to mess around with pro-hormones. For me it's either the real thing or nothing I guess. Also, aren't real steroids safer than most of the pro-hormones?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
In all honesty I probably will stay natty a bit longer, I'm just trying to soak up as much info as possible so when the time comes I know everything I'm doing like the back of my hand. I should probably mention that I have weighed as much as 202, but those stats are me at the present time.

My diet right now(I'm trying to bulk) consists of about 3600 calories with 90 grams of fat, 450 grams of carbs, and around 240 grams of protein. Six or seven meals a day, with a lot of the carbs coming around my workout time. Kind of like the anabolic diet in a way, I suppose.
injectables are safer because they don't tax your organs (liver) so much.

that's not like that anabolic diet, you've got way too much carbs. The anabolic diet is fat and protein and you have almost twice as many carbs as protein. I would cut way down on the carbs and jack the protein a little higher

thething86

Awards
Will do.....but keep calories roughly the same?

So what is the verdict on the 400mgs/week test cyp cycle? Will a light cycle like this inhibit my body's ability to produce the same amount of natural test that it was producing before the cycle? This is probably my main concern by doing a cycle....

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established

So what is the verdict on the 400mgs/week test cyp cycle? Will a light cycle like this inhibit my body's ability to produce the same amount of natural test that it was producing before the cycle? This is probably my main concern by doing a cycle....

thats y u implement proper post cycle therapy

clomid and Aromasin or Adex would be appropriate, along with Adex on cycle .5 mg EOD

thething86

Awards
so as long as my pct is right on, my body should have no problems returning my natural test production to where it was before the cycle? Sorry for nit-picking but I'm trying to get everything right

thething86

Awards
i have also heard that my growth plates my not be done growing yet...and also that the odds are not in my favor that my test will return to its pre-cycle levels. can someone expand on this?

dbow196

Awards

Absolutely it will be affected in some manner. IMO, your PCT is just as (if not more) important than the actual cycle. My first cycle was with test-c and I had great results. However, I followed it with a weak PCT and lost all the gains. You will lose some natural production, but a proper PCT will get you back up and ready for...the next cycle. =)

thething86

Awards
I know the cycle is going to shut me down, but my question is that, after the pct is over, will my natural test production be as high as it was before the whole cycle? I guess what I'm asking is this: is the cycle(pct included) going to PERMANENTLY damage my natural testosterone production?

v1hyp

v1hyp

Awards
Yeah, make sure you have a foundation built first before you jump on anything.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i have also heard that my growth plates my not be done growing yet...and also that the odds are not in my favor that my test will return to its pre-cycle levels. can someone expand on this?
well, you might not be done growing yet and even though the board rules state 21 most of the folks here will tell you that you should wait a few more years to play with anabolics. there are way too many people on here that wish they would have waited a bit longer before doing their first cycle.

as far as test levels returning to normal...that really has so much to do with your cycle and PCT. if you do decide to make the plunge then you should get blood work done (a complete hormone panel) and then have it checked again post cycle.

thething86

Awards
hmmm...i'm starting to think I am not ready after all...but I will keep talking to you guys. Would something like epi or one of the designer steroids be a safer first run?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
at you're age your natural test levels are so ideal that it really doesn't make sense to add the sauce

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established

the AIs will keep the growth plates open!!!

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you are even close to still growing you should stay away from steroids because your body is still very immature

But the actual risks are low, as far as growth plates go it's the estrogen that causes them to close. So Test alone will convert to estrogen and impact them, but as stated running an AI *should* prevent that, and running something such as Epi/Havoc shouldn't result in any buildup of estrogen that could cause the growth plates to close.

But dude how much are you really growing in height? I really think everyone should be 100% physically mature before they juice, meaning full height, full beard, etc. Juice is for men.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
clomid and Aromasin or Adex would be appropriate, along with Adex on cycle .5 mg EOD
i always wondered if an AI was reccomended for pct.?. i have heard that you stop the AI and then begin clomid/nolva pct

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i always wondered if an AI was reccomended for pct.?. i have heard that you stop the AI and then begin clomid/nolva pct

i would like to see the AI used throughout the entire cycle and PCT.

i dont agree with using clomid AND nolva PCT, id rather see the use of clomid with an AI,

i also have my own views on hCG, but thats a different story.

thething86

Awards
well i haven't grown any in the last two years and I can grow a beard so I would say I'm done growing. But like you guys said, my natural testosterone level may not return to where it was before the cycle...so that has me concerned. But a proper pct SHOULD deal with this correct?

thething86

Awards
I just don't think I'm as ready for a cycle as I thought I was. It just seems like a real pain right now, especially with me having college stuff to do and everything. I am open though, to doing an Epistane/PP 1-T stack though, would be MUCH easier and should be a sick stack. What do you guys think? Does the same go for this stack about the recovery of my natural test levels after a cycle of Epi/1-T?

thething86

Awards
I think I want to try Epistane as a standalone before I go adding anything else to it. Would a light cycle of Epistane be pretty safe for me? I was thinking 10mgs the first day, 20 mg the rest of the first week, and then 30, 40. Sustain Alpha, some atd, and a cortisol blocker be ok for PCT? How risky is this cycle compared to the 12 week 400mgs/week of testosterone cyp?