Should I be Worried?

theonebrandon

Awards
I had my first injection Tuesday. First cycle here. Just doing 400mg of test cyp EW. But the spot is pink, a little warm and it hurts to sit on. If I press down I can feel its tight, like a little knot. Is this the beginning of an abcess??

I was completely sterile about EVERYTHING. I took a shower, used new needles, a new syringe, wiped the spot off twice with 2 different alcohol pads, let them both dry on there own, and did not let the needle touch anything. The only other idea I have is I might have moved the needle too much, as it went in a lot easiler and quicker than I thought it would, and might have just jabbed it around too much in there. I used a 25 guage needle, 1 inch long, and in my right glute. Yes, I am lean, but maybe not lean enough I guess.

Any help or ideas?

ZacO23

Awards
Brandon, I am not an expert at this but I am on my second cycle of Test now and have done many injections in the past. I have used the 1 inch needles before and if you are not very very lean it isnt quit deep enough and you can tell because a lot more oil will dribble out than normal...what works best for me is the 20 gauge and 1 1/4 inch lenght to make sure you make it deep in your muscle. As for as the pump under th injection site..you will need to go to the doctor if it gets worse or wont go away. I have hear of a small few people getting knots from a shot and it ended up getting infected

theonebrandon

Awards
Thanks Zac023, at least one person thought to help.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
1 and a half inch pins for the glute....injection spots can be very sore sometimes....if it turns red adn gets inflamed its time to go to the doc...

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
1 and a half inch pins for the glute....injection spots can be very sore sometimes....if it turns red adn gets inflamed its time to go to the doc...
Wouldn't using the z-track injection technique help to avoid this problem, even with a 1" needle?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Not necessarily, that method just stops the oil from coming back up and leaking through the hole created by the pin.
That's what I was referring to, mooch's comment about it dribbling out..

as far as the redness and soreness goes, I can't imagine the z-track making that any better.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
That's what I was referring to, mooch's comment about it dribbling out..

as far as the redness and soreness goes, I can't imagine the z-track making that any better.

i didnt make a comment on dribbling out

NAS

NAS

Awards
Dont stress right away, it can go away on its own however if you get a fever and the site swells and is red and hot its an infection, if you have any antibiotics or can get some from a friend it cant hurt to take them unless your allergic which you should know. I would wait at least 3 days and if it gets worse then it might be time for a dr visit, if you think your gear is not sterile then there is always the option of heating it in boiling water but it is unclear at what temp gear can degrade but I think up to 230-250 deg would be ok. my .02

btw I use 1" in the glute and im not real lean 13ish %, and havnt had any problems

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
gixer...by saying that my statement is false are you trying to say that its always better to wait till you really have a problem that could have been avoided...cus if thats what your saying then i totally agree with you. could you clarify?

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
im having trouble downloading pics...but go to google images and check out the pics there...if your butt looks like any of those go to the doc.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Your days of problems will come soon enough my friend lol

Put 3ml in your glute 1" deep and we'll talk :)
I actually did, yesterday, Thursday. It was a blend of Deca, Winny and Test-c. It was a full 3ml and I used a one inch needle. I went in very slowly. No problems. Once I removed the needle, I massaged the area a little to move it around and I feel great today.

theonebrandon

Awards
Ok, sorry I sounded *****y and spiteful guys. I was just really scared, and I saw that there had been 40+ looks on the page and only Zac023 replied.

Thanks for the replies, I'm just gonna go to the doc just in case. Its getting bigger and is getting warmer, so I figure some antibiotics will get it down.