Epi pains

1. Registered User

Epi pains

I've just hit my 4th week of my 2nd Epi cycle. 1st cycle I ran 5 months ago at 20/20/30/30 and had virtually no sides expect a little lethargy and some minor elbow pains. This cycle I decided to go with 30/30/30/40, i'm using Fish/Flax seed oil and glucasamine for my joints.
    This is day 3 at 40mg and i'm getting some considerable pain in my right wrist which I've had problems with in the past (old sport injury). I'm wondering if anyone has experienced localised pain from Epi eg. in one elbow/shoulder/wrist and not the other? Also would the effects of Epi be more pronounced in an area that has had a previous injury?
    I'm just trying to work out if i'm injured (didn't hurt it while lifting) or wether I should just man-up and push through my last 4 days of my cycle.

2. Registered User

Epistane has anti-estrogen properties which can result in dry joints. This can range from aches to unbearable depending upon the user.

It's generally advised not to aggravate sore joints because it can lead to wear and cartilage doesn't heal well because it doesn't contain blood vessels.
  3. Registered User

Cheers Space. I'm gonna drop back to 30mg and see if that helps. Seems strange i'm only getting it in one wrist, happened as soon as I went to 40mg so i'll asume it's the Epi.

Anyone know if the drying effect is more likely to cause pain in areas that have had previous injuries?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.

Yes it can and will cause joint pain. This is dryness of the joints created by a low estrogen environment.

You should get something to help out your joints, i wouldn't bet on lowering the dose to 30 to fix the problem, blood levels of Epi won't go down much if you decrease to 30
    Mostly answered PM's
    Don't post on my profile, I don't read that stuff, PM me instead
    <------ Hard to believe, but I wasn't on any anabolics in the avatar shot
  5. Registered User

Thanks for the reply UrealM, I appreciate you help. I am savy with the whole dry joint thing, I have run this before and have used fish oil, flax seed oil and glucasomine throughout as I said in my 1st post. Anything additional you would suggest?

Anyone find it worse in the site of previous injuries, or find it manifests there quicker than normal??
  6. Registered User

Cissus has received a lot of positive feedback from people with joint issues.
  7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Space View Post
    Cissus has received a lot of positive feedback from people with joint issues.
    Sweet thanks mate. Avaliable locally and not too expensive, that dosn't happen to often. I'll give it a go.
  8. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.

I agree with everyone else...stay at 30mg
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.

I NOTICED A BIG DIFFERENCE GOING FROM 40MG TO 50. MY JOINTS, KNEES, AND LOWER BACK WERE KILLIN'. I ALSO NOTICED A HUGE SPIKE IN BLOOD PRESSURE. KICKIN IT BACK TO 40 HELPED ME. I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET D-BOL TO STACK WITH IT (WET JOINT HELp0 BUT IT NEVER SHOWED. I GOT F*#KIN BURNED. cISSUS DOES HELP! cHECK IT OUT!!
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

I f*cked up my elbow that had already been previously injured bad with my last cycle of epi...it became so dry, swollen, and flared up that I had to quit lifting for 2 weeks

I will never run epi over 20mg again without something wet like pheraplex
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

What kind of gains did you get off of your first Epistane cycle and did you keep them after PCT?

I hear cissus is pretty awesome to keep your joints running smoothly. I bought some bulk cissus but I'm still waiting for it to show up in the mail.

I also believe DHEA helps your joints too... and since Epi is so called "anti-estrogenic" (debatable user to user) it should block a lot of the estrogen coming from the DHEA and still get the added testosterone benefit.
  12. Registered User

I went up to 60mg with Havoc. Joints were so-so. Nothing debilitating.
  13. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox View Post
    I f*cked up my elbow that had already been previously injured bad with my last cycle of epi...it became so dry, swollen, and flared up that I had to quit lifting for 2 weeks

I will never run epi over 20mg again without something wet like pheraplex
    Great info man I really appreciate it. I can feel it slightly in my elbows but nothing uncomfortable, my wrist is quite sore when fully rotated but can still take a load in a pressing motion without discomfort which is good. Really annoying because the wrist has been injury free for years.

Anyway I can press and that'll get me over the line with this cycle. A lower dose with a wet compound and some cissuss is the plan for next time.

Thanks guys!!
  14. Registered User

what is your fat intake?
  15. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    what is your fat intake?
    15g per meal so about 75g a day. That does not include Fish/Flax tabs of which i'm taking the recommended dose. Using this cycle more to cut than bulk.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Shoulder Pains
    By stangdrvr76 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 09:30 AM
  2. It pains me to know that...
    By whiskers in forum General Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 06:31 PM
  3. wrist pains?
    By qozon in forum Exercise Science