Hear me out. 20 Year old steroids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveWalton

Awards
Before I say anything, yes I do understand that you are supposed to be 21 to post here. I understand that you may completely flame me and not support my decision, but at least hear me out and provide some useful cricitism or advice.

I'm thinking of starting a cycle of test cypionate and EQ. I have access to both of these, but I am hesitant because of factors like not reaching my natural potential, etc. I've been working out for almost 5 years now, and have a good grasp of adequate nutrition and have a good feel for working out properly. Now that I'll be turning 20, I'm starting to feel like steroids could accelerate the process of muscle building without having any horrible effects. One particularly convincing article was this one:

STEROIDS and steroid information

I realize that steroids must be taken responsibly and with the proper support supplements and of course proper PCT and don't feel like I would be risking long-term harm to my body by doing an 8-10 week cycle of the two compounds at reasonable doses (400mg for cypionate).

Anyways, the main reason I feel like I want to turn to steroids is because of the painfully slow progression I seem to be making in bodybuilding. As a tall and naturally very skinny guy, my progress has been very slow. My arms are still quite small (barely 15"). I feel that steroids is a reasonable solution that if done properly can produce my desired results and at 20 with a proper PCT I should be fine.

Is 20 really too young and I making a big mistake turning to steroids (keeping in mind I have been working out properly for some time and have a good grasp of nutrition)?

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is no exact age for steroids. Everybody here says 21 like it's a magic number, I think that's retarded. YES 15 OR 16 IS too young but 20 , 21 is fine..

DaveWalton

Awards
Well it changes on a day to day basis but I generally take in at least 250 g protein, 450 g carbs or more, and 50-80 grams of fat. Carbs come mostly from complex carb sources like whole wheat pasta and protein from whey powder, chicken, tuna, ground beef, peanut butter, etc. I also drink about 3/4 gallon of water a day and eat plenty of fruits and veggies with every meal (every 2 1/2-3 hours).

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
when your test levels are still trying to stabilize after puberty, yes, its a bad idea. those levels can permanently lower, which will make putting on muscle at say 25 more difficult. we say 21 is the magic number, most of us think 23 is a better age. ultimately its your call.

as far as being a naturally skinny guy, you need to work on eating more - you're not skinnier than i was when i started out. work on your diet, and equally important nutrient TIMING. trust me on this.
-1994 - 134 lbs (17 years old)
-1995 - 117 lbs
-2005 - 126 lbs
-2008 - 175 lbs all natural

DaveWalton

Awards
when your test levels are still trying to stabilize after puberty, yes, its a bad idea. those levels can permanently lower, which will make putting on muscle at say 25 more difficult. we say 21 is the magic number, most of us think 23 is a better age. ultimately its your call.

as far as being a naturally skinny guy, you need to work on eating more - you're not skinnier than i was when i started out. work on your diet, and equally important nutrient TIMING. trust me on this.
-1994 - 134 lbs (17 years old)
-1995 - 117 lbs
-2005 - 126 lbs
-2008 - 175 lbs all natural
I agree with what you're saying about endocrine system stabilization, but does that still apply at 20? On being skinny: I eat healthy and I eat plenty. I understand bodybuilding is 70% diet. And honestly, I was almost my height and 135 when I started bodybuilding...so yes...I was a lot skinnier than you were.

Status
Not open for further replies.